R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #2356
Tech Elite
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,289
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

For Sale hopped-up Cup Racer

HPI Cup Racer Roller Bodies Parts Shipped $185
__________________
Awesomatix USA||Roche RC USA||Sanwa
san. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:38 AM   #2357
Tech Apprentice
 
Saint Bastia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Opinions needed for my 1st mini cooper CR project,

What HPI pinion size do you recommend when using standard 65T spur and a 30,000 + rpm stock 27 turn motor ?

Also, what old school nicd or nimh capacity do you recommend for 15-20 min runs in small 100 foot car parks ?

Cheers,
Brad Sydney/Australia
__________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Saint Bastia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #2358
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlealex View Post
my friend mounted savox 1357 servo and lrp x12, esc between servo and motor on his cup racer
Thanks, the Savox is a digital servo but the right size.

I was just considering a plain old garden variety one!
fritzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #2359
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anoka, MN
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastia View Post
Opinions needed for my 1st mini cooper CR project,

What HPI pinion size do you recommend when using standard 65T spur and a 30,000 + rpm stock 27 turn motor ?

Also, what old school nicd or nimh capacity do you recommend for 15-20 min runs in small 100 foot car parks ?

Cheers,
Brad Sydney/Australia
Hey Brad,

I am running a 28t pinion and stock spur with 27t brushed motor's on both of my cup racers! The combo seems to be awesome and I have not had anything fail yet.

Look at either of these motors. I recommend them because that is what I run
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...pl?pn=FAN37104
or
http://www.rc-truckncar-tuning.com/p2k2.html

oh and add a heat sink and cooling fan if you don't plan on adding wholes to the body for cooling. Other then that you should be set!

As far as a battery I don't know what to tell ya because all I run is lipo, but I'm guessing that 4000miah should do just fine for run time.

Fox
FoxintheDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #2360
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,920
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzzz View Post
Hi,

Has anyone mounted a low profile servo in their car so that it can be mounted in the normal fashion rather than on its side?

I was considering one of these
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-ser...Path=1099_1025

If I read the manual right mounting them horizontally give more steering.

Any other suggestions for servos most appreciated.
My bluebird lo pro servo burned out in about 30 minutes of driving.... a waste
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #2361
Tech Apprentice
 
Saint Bastia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxintheDen View Post
oh and add a heat sink and cooling fan if you don't plan on adding wholes to the body for cooling. Other then that you should be set!Fox
Hey Fox,

Thks for the reply. Fwiw i picked up a few weeks ago for $20AU a brand new Trinity Green Machine Pro 3 motor. I can't exactly remember the specs but my one is rated at something like 19500rpm at 4.8 or 5v. I also have a brand new Fantom stock 27t as a spare.

Really ? Is it common practice these days to have a heat sink and fan unit combined to assist with thermal cooling on modern motors ? Admittedly its been approx fifteen years since my last RC car ( HPI RS4 Pro ), so i'm kinda on a steep learning curve at the moment

Cheers,
Brad - Sydney
__________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Saint Bastia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #2362
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anoka, MN
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastia View Post
Hey Fox,

Thks for the reply. Fwiw i picked up a few weeks ago for $20AU a brand new Trinity Green Machine Pro 3 motor. I can't exactly remember the specs but my one is rated at something like 19500rpm at 4.8 or 5v. I also have a brand new Fantom stock 27t as a spare.

Really ? Is it common practice these days to have a heat sink and fan unit combined to assist with thermal cooling on modern motors ? Admittedly its been approx fifteen years since my last RC car ( HPI RS4 Pro ), so i'm kinda on a steep learning curve at the moment

Cheers,
Brad - Sydney
Any time Brad, always glad to help out a fellow rc enthusiast!

Those motor's sound like they will work just fine! I also have a Fantom stock 27t which has been a great motor!

I am a huge fan of protecting and preventing my electronics from heat. Epically with running them on race day pretty hard. It's not a necessary upgrade but a good way to protect your investment.

With motor's and esc's being so advanced it's not uncommon for them to get kind of warm. If you play with the timing on your motors at all you will notice them getting warmer. Or even after a good run at the track or during practice.

That's just my 2 sense Can't wait to see pics of what you come up with and best of luck on the build! It's a great one!

Fox
FoxintheDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #2363
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Default

[QUOTE=FoxintheDen;9058279]Hey all,

I just finished my racer and drifter CR. Thought I would share some pics with ya. Let me know what ya think

---

I'm flattered you found pix of my cup racer on the web and copied the paint scheme.
Cheers,
Skottoman
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Cup Racer 1M-hpi-cup-racer-1.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-dsc01935.jpg  
Skottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #2364
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anoka, MN
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Skottoman;9090114]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxintheDen View Post
Hey all,

I just finished my racer and drifter CR. Thought I would share some pics with ya. Let me know what ya think

---

I'm flattered you found pix of my cup racer on the web and copied the paint scheme.
Cheers,
Skottoman
Hey Skottoman!

I saw the pics a long time back and bookmarked the page and when it came time to painting mine I spent probably a week looking at different paint schemes and finally decided that yours is the best I have ever seen!

I don't really like to copy other peoples work I generally just use it as a reference but man I fell in love with the way it looks! So thank you for such an inspiriting paint scheme!

Best wishes,
Fox
FoxintheDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #2365
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Cool!

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was truthful when I say I'm flattered! Was randomly surfing RC sites and I come to this thread every once in a while. I've had a few cup racers. for quite some time now.

I'm also very into Tamiyas, and have been doing some hybrid cup racer/tamiya setups. Here are a few.

Tamiya Alpine A110 body on Cup Racer chassis.
Cup Racer Porsche RSR on Tamiya M06 chassis.
Cup Racer BMW 2002 on Tamiya M04 chassis.
Cup Racer Lancia Stratos on Cup Racer chassis.
Cup Racer 240z on Cup Racer chassis.

Cheers,
Skottoman
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage.asp.jpeg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage-1.asp.jpeg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage-2.asp.jpeg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage33.jpeg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage44.jpeg  

Skottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #2366
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 126
Default

will the 240z and the stratos fit onto an Atomic VM II without resorting to ugly holes for the shock towers? Thanks.
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #2367
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,910
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skottoman View Post
Cool!

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was truthful when I say I'm flattered! Was randomly surfing RC sites and I come to this thread every once in a while. I've had a few cup racers. for quite some time now.

I'm also very into Tamiyas, and have been doing some hybrid cup racer/tamiya setups. Here are a few.

Tamiya Alpine A110 body on Cup Racer chassis.
Cup Racer Porsche RSR on Tamiya M06 chassis.
Cup Racer BMW 2002 on Tamiya M04 chassis.
Cup Racer Lancia Stratos on Cup Racer chassis.
Cup Racer 240z on Cup Racer chassis.


Cheers,
Skottoman
Great looking cars.. but you're missing one! The Alfa Giulia GTA!
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #2368
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,910
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Whose showing up for CharlieB's Corona Race?
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #2369
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Great looking cars.. but you're missing one! The Alfa Giulia GTA!
I have a couple of those too. But they are ALL Tamiya, and no Cup Racer (athough you could put the shell on a CR).
Thus I didn't add them to my previous post.

Cheers,
Skottoman
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage55.jpeg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-getuserimage6.jpeg  
Skottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #2370
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anoka, MN
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skottoman View Post
Cool!

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was truthful when I say I'm flattered! Was randomly surfing RC sites and I come to this thread every once in a while. I've had a few cup racers. for quite some time now.

I'm also very into Tamiyas, and have been doing some hybrid cup racer/tamiya setups. Here are a few.

Tamiya Alpine A110 body on Cup Racer chassis.
Cup Racer Porsche RSR on Tamiya M06 chassis.
Cup Racer BMW 2002 on Tamiya M04 chassis.
Cup Racer Lancia Stratos on Cup Racer chassis.
Cup Racer 240z on Cup Racer chassis.

Cheers,
Skottoman
Oh I wasn't being sarcastic either! I am truly grateful for such a beautiful design! I fell in love with the picture when I first saw it and now I can't stop looking at mine lol. It makes it hard to race it on the track, I don't want to scratch it lmao

You are truly a master at your paint scheme's and some beautiful hybrids! Man I wish I had a collection like yours. They are really I have ever seen!

Truly thank you! You give me inspiration to get some others and to keep perfecting my painting
FoxintheDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 12:02 PM
The Future of RC Racing (Your Opinions) rccarracer15 Nitro Off-Road 103 06-10-2011 10:25 PM
Bodies for sale, new, used & painted coastaltony R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 68 01-02-2007 04:45 PM
Belt Driven vs. Shaft Driven Allen Sondej Electric On-Road 69 11-05-2004 08:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0