HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 AM
JS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default EZRun 60A ESC and 17.5T - Feedback please

Hi All,
I wanted to get a BL system for the CR that wont break my wallet.
I was thinking of this setup...

EZRun 60A ESC and 17.5T
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-60a-...-1-10-car.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-sens...-rc-motor.html

I have been running a Silver can and its been great.
I would like to get a BL setup that will be as fast or a little faster than a silver can.
Dont want to go crazy fast and start breaking the drivetrain.
How would this combo compare to a stock Silver can?
Will it be faster or slower?
Would like to hear feedback and experiences from other fellow Cup Racer fans....

thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JS
Hi All,
I wanted to get a BL system for the CR that wont break my wallet.
I was thinking of this setup...

EZRun 60A ESC and 17.5T
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-60a-...-1-10-car.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-sens...-rc-motor.html

I have been running a Silver can and its been great.
I would like to get a BL setup that will be as fast or a little faster than a silver can.
Dont want to go crazy fast and start breaking the drivetrain.
How would this combo compare to a stock Silver can?
Will it be faster or slower?
Would like to hear feedback and experiences from other fellow Cup Racer fans....

thanks
These are by far the best product for the money! I have one of these myself with the 4300kv motor in my Cup Racer! It flies! make sure you get the program card for maximum adjustability. Habby partz is the way to go. I just ordered 2 5000mah 40c lipos from them and it only cost me $52 shipped to my door. The reason bought 2 is because the first one I bought is awesome!!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
JS
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R\C Fanatic
These are by far the best product for the money! I have one of these myself with the 4300kv motor in my Cup Racer! It flies! make sure you get the program card for maximum adjustability. Habby partz is the way to go. I just ordered 2 5000mah 40c lipos from them and it only cost me $52 shipped to my door. The reason bought 2 is because the first one I bought is awesome!!
Will definately get the program card.

Are these the lipos you just bought?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...-hardcase.html

I was thinking of getting a couple of those too. May have to pull the trigger already while they are still in stock....

4300kv - Was that the EZRun or XErun motor? Must be an 8.5, right?

thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've had nothing but bad luck with sensorless type esc/motors. From my experience sensorless controllers have serious lag issues and stuttering when getting on throttle. Have they improved on this with the newer esc's?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JS

I was thinking of getting a couple of those too. May have to pull the trigger already while they are still in stock....

thanks
I just looked again on Hobbypartz and they don't have the one's I bought any more. They replaced it with this hardcase lipo. Now I want to buy this one too!!

I have the EZ Run setup as do 2 of my buddies with nor problems at all. At slow speeds sometime you may have an occassional cogging. At speed there is no cogging at all. From what i hear the XE Run is basically a Speed Passion setup which is very good quality! i think your right with it being an 8.5T
Old 02-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JS

thanks
After further review i found the batteries I have. must have overlooked http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-2s1p-40c-2222.html
Old 02-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MikeR
I've had nothing but bad luck with sensorless type esc/motors. From my experience sensorless controllers have serious lag issues and stuttering when getting on throttle. Have they improved on this with the newer esc's?
The one I have seems really good as well as 2 of my buddies! for $59 for a motor and esc. You should check it out! http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-35a-9t-3650-motor.html
Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 PM
JS
Tech Master

I just looked again on Hobbypartz and they don't have the one's I bought any more. They replaced it with this hardcase lipo. Now I want to buy this one too!!

I have the EZ Run setup as do 2 of my buddies with nor problems at all. At slow speeds sometime you may have an occassional cogging. At speed there is no cogging at all. From what i hear the XE Run is basically a Speed Passion setup which is very good quality! i think your right with it being an 8.5T
Yup - those new lipos have pretty good feedbacks.
I just bought one to test - I'm sure it will perform.

I think the XERun will be overkill for me. A bit more expensive than what I want to spend.

thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JS
Yup - those new lipos have pretty good feedbacks.
I just bought one to test - I'm sure it will perform.

I think the XERun will be overkill for me. A bit more expensive than what I want to spend.

thanks
I don't think you will be disappointed with the EZ Run. The sky lipo's are excellent batts!! Did you see that they just cam out w/ the new hardcase Sky lipos today!!!.......I want one!!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:25 PM
JS
Tech Master

I don't think you will be disappointed with the EZ Run. The sky lipo's are excellent batts!! Did you see that they just cam out w/ the new hardcase Sky lipos today!!!.......I want one!!
Yup - I saw that - I was going to get one but I liked the Gen Ace better since it had bullet connectors. Both had the same specs
Old 02-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wanted to post a photo of my newest CR'r body.

I have 2 Porsche bodies for my CR, ...the red body (more photos several pages back) is mostly for show ...(I've added an interior dash, lighting kit, and driver to the red one, ...the photo is out of date). AND my new body strictly used for racing (the yellow and green). This was a color scheme that was raced by Porsche back in the early 70's. -so historically it's fairly accurate (although some of the sponsor decals are incorrect as well as the number #8, ..i believe #48 was the actual car).

(I am not putting all the plastic bits on the race version as I want to keep it light and not have pieces come off during a race).
Attached Thumbnails HPI Cup Racer 1M-04.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-p_04.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-porsche_race01.jpg  
Old 02-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Nice Porsche eR1C. Looks great. Like the stripe on top. Good work.

e
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...thanks!

..just getting it all dialed in for the next race season (it doesn't start 'til first week of April for my location in N Cal).
Old 02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Front 'Spool'

Thought I would share this reply in case any one else was wondering...

Originally Posted by JS
Hi MikeR,
I saw your post on the Cup Racer thread regarding using a spool for the front and used a Pro4 Spool.
Would you be able to tell me all the parts I need to get the same setup for my Cup Racer?

Here is what I got so far from the pages that I read:
HPI Pro 4 Spool – 75168
Bevel Gear Set – 61433

Are there any other parts that I would need?
Are there any special modifications or would the parts just drop in with no issues?

Also - what setup are you running for the rear?
Gear diff / which spring?

Thanks for your time, Jeff
Hi There,

Boy it's been a few years since modding the diffs. Just did a tear down of my CR and it looks like I've settled on;

Front- I moved the stock REAR ball diff to the front. I figure the metal diff gear would last longer (the front tends to be more fragile on shaft drive cars). I now tightened the front diff to the point that it ls almost locked and replaced the diff grease with heavy 100k silicone. It now acts like a spool but with a little give for limited slip If I hit anything.

Rear- I built up a 2nd diff using mostly stock CR ball diff parts but replaced the metal gear with a PRO4 diff gear. We run Mabuchi motors here so I wanted both diffs as light as possible for obvious reasons. You have to shim the diff so that the gear does not rub the gear case.

Do not overtighten F or R gear case or it binds up the entire drive line.

That's about it. Nothing too modified

I will post this on the CR thread just to share.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

cool, does running 2 ball diffs handles better than spool in front, ball diff in rear?
i wonder how front spool installed and how it change handling of our cr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.