R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #2176
JS
Tech Master
 
JS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default EZRun 60A ESC and 17.5T - Feedback please

Hi All,
I wanted to get a BL system for the CR that wont break my wallet.
I was thinking of this setup...

EZRun 60A ESC and 17.5T
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-60a-...-1-10-car.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-sens...-rc-motor.html

I have been running a Silver can and its been great.
I would like to get a BL setup that will be as fast or a little faster than a silver can.
Dont want to go crazy fast and start breaking the drivetrain.
How would this combo compare to a stock Silver can?
Will it be faster or slower?
Would like to hear feedback and experiences from other fellow Cup Racer fans....

thanks
JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #2177
Tech Initiate
 
R\C Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WA.
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
Hi All,
I wanted to get a BL system for the CR that wont break my wallet.
I was thinking of this setup...

EZRun 60A ESC and 17.5T
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-60a-...-1-10-car.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-sens...-rc-motor.html

I have been running a Silver can and its been great.
I would like to get a BL setup that will be as fast or a little faster than a silver can.
Dont want to go crazy fast and start breaking the drivetrain.
How would this combo compare to a stock Silver can?
Will it be faster or slower?
Would like to hear feedback and experiences from other fellow Cup Racer fans....

thanks
These are by far the best product for the money! I have one of these myself with the 4300kv motor in my Cup Racer! It flies! make sure you get the program card for maximum adjustability. Habby partz is the way to go. I just ordered 2 5000mah 40c lipos from them and it only cost me $52 shipped to my door. The reason bought 2 is because the first one I bought is awesome!!
R\C Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #2178
JS
Tech Master
 
JS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R\C Fanatic View Post
These are by far the best product for the money! I have one of these myself with the 4300kv motor in my Cup Racer! It flies! make sure you get the program card for maximum adjustability. Habby partz is the way to go. I just ordered 2 5000mah 40c lipos from them and it only cost me $52 shipped to my door. The reason bought 2 is because the first one I bought is awesome!!
Will definately get the program card.

Are these the lipos you just bought?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...-hardcase.html

I was thinking of getting a couple of those too. May have to pull the trigger already while they are still in stock....

4300kv - Was that the EZRun or XErun motor? Must be an 8.5, right?

thanks
JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #2179
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R\C Fanatic View Post
These are by far the best product for the money! I have one of these myself with the 4300kv motor in my Cup Racer! It flies! make sure you get the program card for maximum adjustability. Habby partz is the way to go. I just ordered 2 5000mah 40c lipos from them and it only cost me $52 shipped to my door. The reason bought 2 is because the first one I bought is awesome!!
I've had nothing but bad luck with sensorless type esc/motors. From my experience sensorless controllers have serious lag issues and stuttering when getting on throttle. Have they improved on this with the newer esc's?
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #2180
Tech Initiate
 
R\C Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WA.
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
Will definately get the program card.

Are these the lipos you just bought?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...-hardcase.html

I was thinking of getting a couple of those too. May have to pull the trigger already while they are still in stock....

4300kv - Was that the EZRun or XErun motor? Must be an 8.5, right?

thanks
I just looked again on Hobbypartz and they don't have the one's I bought any more. They replaced it with this hardcase lipo. Now I want to buy this one too!!

I have the EZ Run setup as do 2 of my buddies with nor problems at all. At slow speeds sometime you may have an occassional cogging. At speed there is no cogging at all. From what i hear the XE Run is basically a Speed Passion setup which is very good quality! i think your right with it being an 8.5T
R\C Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #2181
Tech Initiate
 
R\C Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WA.
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
Will definately get the program card.

Are these the lipos you just bought?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...-hardcase.html

I was thinking of getting a couple of those too. May have to pull the trigger already while they are still in stock....

4300kv - Was that the EZRun or XErun motor? Must be an 8.5, right?

thanks
After further review i found the batteries I have. must have overlooked http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-2s1p-40c-2222.html
R\C Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #2182
Tech Initiate
 
R\C Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WA.
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
I've had nothing but bad luck with sensorless type esc/motors. From my experience sensorless controllers have serious lag issues and stuttering when getting on throttle. Have they improved on this with the newer esc's?
The one I have seems really good as well as 2 of my buddies! for $59 for a motor and esc. You should check it out! http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-35a-9t-3650-motor.html
R\C Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #2183
JS
Tech Master
 
JS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R\C Fanatic View Post
I just looked again on Hobbypartz and they don't have the one's I bought any more. They replaced it with this hardcase lipo. Now I want to buy this one too!!

I have the EZ Run setup as do 2 of my buddies with nor problems at all. At slow speeds sometime you may have an occassional cogging. At speed there is no cogging at all. From what i hear the XE Run is basically a Speed Passion setup which is very good quality! i think your right with it being an 8.5T
Yup - those new lipos have pretty good feedbacks.
I just bought one to test - I'm sure it will perform.

I think the XERun will be overkill for me. A bit more expensive than what I want to spend.

thanks
JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #2184
Tech Initiate
 
R\C Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WA.
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
Yup - those new lipos have pretty good feedbacks.
I just bought one to test - I'm sure it will perform.

I think the XERun will be overkill for me. A bit more expensive than what I want to spend.

thanks
I don't think you will be disappointed with the EZ Run. The sky lipo's are excellent batts!! Did you see that they just cam out w/ the new hardcase Sky lipos today!!!.......I want one!!
R\C Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #2185
JS
Tech Master
 
JS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R\C Fanatic View Post
I don't think you will be disappointed with the EZ Run. The sky lipo's are excellent batts!! Did you see that they just cam out w/ the new hardcase Sky lipos today!!!.......I want one!!
Yup - I saw that - I was going to get one but I liked the Gen Ace better since it had bullet connectors. Both had the same specs
JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #2186
Tech Master
 
eR1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,329
Default

Wanted to post a photo of my newest CR'r body.

I have 2 Porsche bodies for my CR, ...the red body (more photos several pages back) is mostly for show ...(I've added an interior dash, lighting kit, and driver to the red one, ...the photo is out of date). AND my new body strictly used for racing (the yellow and green). This was a color scheme that was raced by Porsche back in the early 70's. -so historically it's fairly accurate (although some of the sponsor decals are incorrect as well as the number #8, ..i believe #48 was the actual car).

(I am not putting all the plastic bits on the race version as I want to keep it light and not have pieces come off during a race).
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Cup Racer 1M-04.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-p_04.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-porsche_race01.jpg  
eR1c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #2187
Tech Initiate
 
egaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 24
Default

Nice Porsche eR1C. Looks great. Like the stripe on top. Good work.

e
egaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #2188
Tech Master
 
eR1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,329
Default

...thanks!

..just getting it all dialed in for the next race season (it doesn't start 'til first week of April for my location in N Cal).
eR1c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #2189
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Front 'Spool'

Thought I would share this reply in case any one else was wondering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS
Hi MikeR,
I saw your post on the Cup Racer thread regarding using a spool for the front and used a Pro4 Spool.
Would you be able to tell me all the parts I need to get the same setup for my Cup Racer?

Here is what I got so far from the pages that I read:
HPI Pro 4 Spool 75168
Bevel Gear Set 61433

Are there any other parts that I would need?
Are there any special modifications or would the parts just drop in with no issues?

Also - what setup are you running for the rear?
Gear diff / which spring?


Thanks for your time, Jeff
Hi There,

Boy it's been a few years since modding the diffs. Just did a tear down of my CR and it looks like I've settled on;

Front- I moved the stock REAR ball diff to the front. I figure the metal diff gear would last longer (the front tends to be more fragile on shaft drive cars). I now tightened the front diff to the point that it ls almost locked and replaced the diff grease with heavy 100k silicone. It now acts like a spool but with a little give for limited slip If I hit anything.

Rear- I built up a 2nd diff using mostly stock CR ball diff parts but replaced the metal gear with a PRO4 diff gear. We run Mabuchi motors here so I wanted both diffs as light as possible for obvious reasons. You have to shim the diff so that the gear does not rub the gear case.

Do not overtighten F or R gear case or it binds up the entire drive line.

That's about it. Nothing too modified

I will post this on the CR thread just to share.
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #2190
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,278
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

cool, does running 2 ball diffs handles better than spool in front, ball diff in rear?
i wonder how front spool installed and how it change handling of our cr
littlealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 12:02 PM
The Future of RC Racing (Your Opinions) rccarracer15 Nitro Off-Road 103 06-10-2011 10:25 PM
Bodies for sale, new, used & painted coastaltony R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 68 01-02-2007 04:45 PM
Belt Driven vs. Shaft Driven Allen Sondej Electric On-Road 69 11-05-2004 08:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0