R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #1996
Tech Adept

Default 1:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
...a few shots of my 1:1 and 1:10 Porsche!

still waiting for my lights and driver...
wow very very nice!
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Cup Racer 1M-cup-porche-white.jpg  
Old 12-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #1997
Tech Master

...thanks!

yeah, my buddy saw my CR'r and now wants to go get one!

...arghh, still waiting for my lights and driver. I think because of Christmas coming up and all the extra packages being shipped service is really really slow?!
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #1998
Tech Adept

Default cr

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
...thanks!

yeah, my buddy saw my CR'r and now wants to go get one!

...arghh, still waiting for my lights and driver. I think because of Christmas coming up and all the extra packages being shipped service is really really slow?!
lights and driver are very cool!
2 cr's always better than one!
...i just got my exotec alloy cup drive today!
tnx Mike!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #1999
Tech Adept

Default lipo n connectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkywoods View Post
I need a little lipo help.
My CR has a sidewinder 4600kv and am not sure what lipo to get and which type will fit.
I'm looking at the SMC Sport Max 4500mah 28c. It comes wired.
My questions are...Does it matter which type I get, wired or the type that you plug the wires into? Does one fit better than the other?
Second, what discharge rate do I need? Would 25c or the 28c (above) be any better than a standard 20c?

Thanks for the help, I'm new to all this as you can tell.
SMC lipos fit...
"standard" for a lot of folks race or bash are bullet connectors or deans plugs(i use both) either or is good they have less resistance and
using a 20c lipo and a 50c lipo the only difference i notice for me bashing for mostly drifting only are the run times for both batteries, i also use nmah stick packs, hope this helps u out
Old 12-11-2010, 01:35 AM   #2000
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
My friend wolffcub is such a professional racer. I know I don't stand a chance on the track with him no matter what mods I do to my car. I will always be in his wake of awesomeness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffcub View Post
Nice of you to say. Feels good telling the truth huh?
HAHA I don't know what I was saying in the quote above because I won. Wolfcub, don't have the awesome skill I have to last till the finish. (Tell your wife I am sorry about that) But that's fine, I am sure you will be on here soon enough coming up with excuses why you lost and that if it didn't happen you would of won. You will say something like, it was the because of the little camera you had in your car. Yet you ran one the whole race event. Or that it's because you didn't run traction compound, even though I asked you if you wanted to run some for the A-Main. Or because of a setup change you recommended is the reason I won, even though we don't know what the results would of been if my setup didn't change. But you know in your head I won fair and square. And I have almost one month till the next race to let you know that you were the lost. Hey, at least you won something, you were the first loser.

In all jokes a side. And all that above is just a joke and trashtalk that I don't mean at all is just for some laughs between wolfcub and I. I did enjoy racing with you and hopefully we put a good show together for the Cup Racer so more people get one. That setup change you recommended really did turn that whole car around and made it actually possible to drive into corners with more speed and not tripod and flip. And it's seems all most everyone who saw them like them. Can't wait till the next race. Good times!

Last edited by shanty140; 12-11-2010 at 12:18 PM.
shanty140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #2001
Tech Master

Hey Wolfcub could you post the videos on the race last night from the little camera's? That would be pretty cool. I am very interested in the ones from the A-Main because I want to see the first corner carnage.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #2002
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey Wolfcub could you post the videos on the race last night from the little camera's? That would be pretty cool. I am very interested in the ones from the A-Main because I want to see the first corner carnage.
yo i will try to make it out to the next race. The cup racers will take over. when is the next race
giantzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #2003
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hey guys,

The tyres that are marked S are softer or harder? Looking at them, the S seem firmer
Old 12-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #2004
Tech Master

Hey I have a question about run-times.

I am running a Duratrax ESC (made for 16t or higher motors),
Brushed 17t Fireball motor
and 4800mah battery.

My run times are literally 1:45sec's. The car is super fast, yet I've now timed it three times and consistently am only getting 1:30-2min's of run time. ...what's up? that seems ridiculously low to me. Is there something I need to set on my ESC? -is it sucking up too much power? ...thanks

curious what kind of run times others are getting w/ their setups.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #2005
Tech Initiate

Quote:
HAHA I don't know what I was saying in the quote above because I won. Wolfcub, don't have the awesome skill I have to last till the finish. (Tell your wife I am sorry about that) But that's fine, I am sure you will be on here soon enough coming up with excuses why you lost and that if it didn't happen you would of won. You will say something like, it was the because of the little camera you had in your car. Yet you ran one the whole race event. Or that it's because you didn't run traction compound, even though I asked you if you wanted to run some for the A-Main. Or because of a setup change you recommended is the reason I won, even though we don't know what the results would of been if my setup didn't change. But you know in your head I won fair and square. And I have almost one month till the next race to let you know that you were the lost. Hey, at least you won something, you were the first loser.

In all jokes a side. And all that above is just a joke and trashtalk that I don't mean at all is just for some laughs between wolfcub and I. I did enjoy racing with you and hopefully we put a good show together for the Cup Racer so more people get one. That setup change you recommended really did turn that whole car around and made it actually possible to drive into corners with more speed and not tripod and flip. And it's seems all most everyone who saw them like them. Can't wait till the next race. Good times!
Nothing to say but good race and nice win in the event. I'm sure you will take loads of the race wins.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #2006
Tech Master

Has anyone else ran into the problem with the Hot Racing Axle Cups not being threaded? I will most likely end up putting threads in myself, just a pain.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #2007
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Quote:
Has anyone else ran into the problem with the Hot Racing Axle Cups not being threaded? I will most likely end up putting threads in myself, just a pain.
mine didnt had thread. check your thread by spin your wheels slowly to make sure its straight
littlealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #2008
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, just picked up a cup racer and was looking for advise on what electronics ppl are using in stock and mod with this car. I saw the Exotek Mazda run today and was very inpress with the chassis, so will be picking up that next for it. Also what tires are you guys running on asphalt cause the kit I Picked up came with drift tires and there hard as hell.
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #2009
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Hey guys,

The tyres that are marked S are softer or harder? Looking at them, the S seem firmer
Well I finished 3 heats at hobby town corona with stock tyres and 21.5 brushless. I was the only CR out there against a field of ABC Genetics. First heat, man was I under geared with 37T pinion and 65T spur.. everyone was walking past me. I was also experiencing left turn rolls on the in field.

After the first heat I checked the wear on the tyres and the odd thing about the stock tyres is, the fronts look like they have a softer texture, they pit easily. So during the second heat I swapped fronts for rears.. big mistake! I did however switch to a 41T pinion, so at least on the back straight I was keeping up with everyone else.

For the 3rd heat, I finally realised my problem was due to weight! I was running a 2200 mah LiPo which made the left side really light weight. I added whatever weights I had in my box which still was not sufficient, but at least I was not rolling over.

All in all a fun day, great car.. I think a 42T pinion and I will be set for this class.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #2010
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlealex View Post
mine didnt had thread. check your thread by spin your wheels slowly to make sure its straight
I actually found a good picture of them now. Ya they are definitely not right. Also a person a few pages back has had the same problem.