R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #1606
Tech Initiate
 
BangkokBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzone View Post
Hi guys, i have finally (after 2 years of searching) found and purchased a Carson Opel Kadett C coupe bodyshell, same shape as my Holden/Isuzu Gemini coupe 1:1 i own, i want to make a replica of my real car, and i need a chassis for it. at the moment i can only find one chassis to fit it (M04L), as it runs a 240mm wheelbase. the shell is 175mm wide too, anyone know of some wraparound type chrome bumpers that will fit a shell this width also? i looked at the cup racer 510 ones but they'e way too narrow..

as well as that i want to find some slightly dished M chassis size mesh wheels, in 3 piece or a 3 piece copy/style...

anyone that can help me out gets an internet high five
I think your best bet would be to find a large static car kit and use the bumpers from that. Not many RC cars with those kind of finer details mate.
....or use the ones from the SRBs

Good luck!
BangkokBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #1607
Tech Regular
 
redzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buderim, QLD, Australia
Posts: 350
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

yeah i was thinking that may be an option, that or getting some cup racer 510 ones and widening them with some extra plastic then get the replated..

anyways i forgot to ask the main question in that first post LOL, can the cup racer wheelbase be stretched to 240mm????
__________________
79 mk1 Sand Scorcher, 09 Buggy Champ, TB01 Lancer Evo 7, TL01 Lancer Evo 6, TA02 Castrol Celica, TA02SW Taisan Porsche, TA02W Castrol Supra, TA03F Starion drifter, M06pro Gemini coupe, Tamiya Dyna Storm 5.5t, Stadium Blitzer, Bear Hawk, Baja FAV, Egress!
redzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #1608
Tech Initiate
 
BangkokBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemall View Post
Can anyone answer my questions? I really wanna by this in the next week or so but if I can't get answers I guess I'll by an M05

I think most people would recommend nothing over a 13.5t brushless.
Im using a Hobbywing Exrun 8.5t combo with the power wound down.
Exrun motor/ESC/Program Card combos are great value for money, especially if youre using it for a basher only.

Hmm,upgrades.Well, I would suggest the following:
1)Aluminium axle cups from Hot Racing (Standard are plastic and break easily).
2)Buy another HPI rear drive shaft cup and use it on the front (Standard is plastic and is the weakest point on this car)
3)HPI Aluminium Hex wheel mounts (If you are using the above ally axle cups)
BangkokBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #1609
Tech Initiate
 
BangkokBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzone View Post
yeah i was thinking that may be an option, that or getting some cup racer 510 ones and widening them with some extra plastic then get the replated..

anyways i forgot to ask the main question in that first post LOL, can the cup racer wheelbase be stretched to 240mm????
The wheelbase length can be adjusted from 210mm to 225mm.
BangkokBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:52 AM   #1610
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13
Default Tower Hobbies

Tower offers a complete combo for the CR. I comes with a lot of their parts, a brushed motor and no LiPo. Is this kit worth it? Should I just make my own combo and get different stuff?
DuffmanIVXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:12 AM   #1611
Tech Initiate
 
BangkokBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffmanIVXX View Post
Tower offers a complete combo for the CR. I comes with a lot of their parts, a brushed motor and no LiPo. Is this kit worth it? Should I just make my own combo and get different stuff?
Try the combo, if you dont like it,change the parts you dont like.Easy.
BangkokBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #1612
Tech Elite
 
speedemall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: hagerstown,MD
Posts: 2,188
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffmanIVXX View Post
Tower offers a complete combo for the CR. I comes with a lot of their parts, a brushed motor and no LiPo. Is this kit worth it? Should I just make my own combo and get different stuff?
Got a link for that combo?
speedemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #1613
Tech Elite
 
speedemall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: hagerstown,MD
Posts: 2,188
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangkokBulldog View Post
I think most people would recommend nothing over a 13.5t brushless.
Im using a Hobbywing Exrun 8.5t combo with the power wound down.
Exrun motor/ESC/Program Card combos are great value for money, especially if youre using it for a basher only.

Hmm,upgrades.Well, I would suggest the following:
1)Aluminium axle cups from Hot Racing (Standard are plastic and break easily).
2)Buy another HPI rear drive shaft cup and use it on the front (Standard is plastic and is the weakest point on this car)
3)HPI Aluminium Hex wheel mounts (If you are using the above ally axle cups)
Thank you sir!!
speedemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #1614
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemall View Post
Got a link for that combo?
cant post links yet. just goto tower hobbies and search hpi cup racer. pick the model you want and on the page there's a link for the combo
DuffmanIVXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #1615
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13
Default Wheels

are 48mm x 26mm wheels too big?
DuffmanIVXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 AM   #1616
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,726
Questions??

Could anybody tell me if this car are same size as the other 4WD-M cars, like Atomic VMII and Fujin 211GO.
If this car could using the same 210mm bodies with same wheel and tyres as those 2 cars i have mentioned before?

Best regards
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #1617
Tech Initiate
 
BangkokBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Could anybody tell me if this car are same size as the other 4WD-M cars, like Atomic VMII and Fujin 211GO.
If this car could using the same 210mm bodies with same wheel and tyres as those 2 cars i have mentioned before?

Best regards
Cup Racer can be 210mm or 225mm so yes it can be the same size.
Can use bodies from those cars and wheels and tyres too.
Be aware that HPI Cup Racer wheels cannot fit on Tamiya or other brand tyres and visa versa.
BangkokBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #1618
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangkokBulldog View Post
Be aware that HPI Cup Racer wheels cannot fit on Tamiya or other brand tyres and visa versa.
actually the Cup Racer tires cannot fit any rims but the Cup Racer rims - that's because of the way the tires mount onto the CR rims..

but you use anyone's tires/rims on the Cup Racer - so tamiya mini rims/tires fit, just as long as you don't try mounting them on a HPI CR rim I've run my M03 tires/rims on my CR without issue

silly weird tire bead
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #1619
Tech Elite
 
speedemall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: hagerstown,MD
Posts: 2,188
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know if HPI will ever offer different offset wheels for the CR? Also it would be sweet to offer widebody fenders for them like Yokomo does for their cars. God!!! The Z and 510 look soooo sexy with deep dish wheels in the rear and wider tires.
speedemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #1620
Tech Elite
 
speedemall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: hagerstown,MD
Posts: 2,188
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffmanIVXX View Post
cant post links yet. just goto tower hobbies and search hpi cup racer. pick the model you want and on the page there's a link for the combo
This is what I found with no sight of a combo at all

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...acer&search=Go
speedemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 12:02 PM
The Future of RC Racing (Your Opinions) rccarracer15 Nitro Off-Road 103 06-10-2011 10:25 PM
Bodies for sale, new, used & painted coastaltony R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 68 01-02-2007 04:45 PM
Belt Driven vs. Shaft Driven Allen Sondej Electric On-Road 69 11-05-2004 08:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0