R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #1486
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
nice setup - any up close pics?
Here ya go. It's a complete Rally conversion, meaning that it can handle off road nearly as well as a buggy of the same size once you learn how to drive one but can be put back to on road use in a matter of minutes. This mostly involved some minor adjustments to the control arms and chassis to allow for more suspension travel. I then added the HPI Threaded Adjustable Shocks which allowed for up to 55mm in length. It also has wheels and tires off of a Tamiya DF03ra Rally Car but any 0 degree offset touring car wheel with Tamiya Rally Block Tires would have the same effect. Lastly there was some sealing to be done around the gear cover as the stock setup will allow a ton of sand and rocks in there to mess up your day. It's running a Novak Havoc ESC and 17.5 Brushless Motor and Spektrum DSM 2 radio gear. It also has a home made LED unit I put in. I realize the wiring has a lot of slop but I'm always switching my motors into other cars and don't trim them up until I've settled on a setup and this car is still a work in progress.
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Cup Racer 1M-1.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-2.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-3.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-4.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-5.jpg  

James Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #1487
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodname View Post
Thanks for the info, I was looking at some Zippy batteries.. the one I want was out of stock.

Which Lipo battery charger is the best bang for the buck?
If you're looking for a DC only charger then the Turnigy Accucel-6 is very good and low priced

If you're looking for a AC/DC charger then these are good.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/skychb6chdup.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
Old 03-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #1488
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Woods View Post
Here ya go. It's a complete Rally conversion, meaning that it can handle off road nearly as well as a buggy of the same size once you learn how to drive one but can be put back to on road use in a matter of minutes. This mostly involved some minor adjustments to the control arms and chassis to allow for more suspension travel. I then added the HPI Threaded Adjustable Shocks which allowed for up to 55mm in length. It also has wheels and tires off of a Tamiya DF03ra Rally Car but any 0 degree offset touring car wheel with Tamiya Rally Block Tires would have the same effect. Lastly there was some sealing to be done around the gear cover as the stock setup will allow a ton of sand and rocks in there to mess up your day. It's running a Novak Havoc ESC and 17.5 Brushless Motor and Spektrum DSM 2 radio gear. It also has a home made LED unit I put in. I realize the wiring has a lot of slop but I'm always switching my motors into other cars and don't trim them up until I've settled on a setup and this car is still a work in progress.
You show a great option for the cup racer to drive it on rough pavement too. Thanks a lot.
conejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #1489
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Honda Civic Si body

Cup Racer and Switch owners... the popular Honda Civic Si is back! Completely revised decals and revised tooling make it a perfect fit on Cup Racer cars as well as many other "Mini" size cars with 225mm wheelbases. We've added front/rear light buckets for the ultimate in realism. The huge vinyl pre-cut decal sheet comes all of the good stuff: window lines, tinted rear/side windows just like the real Civic Si (EK9), two different radiator/intercoolers, official Honda logos and even some retro HPI logos thrown in.

Like all HPI bodies, the Honda Civic comes with a clear protective overspray film, window masks and a large pre-cut decal sheet. The body also has drill locations marked for HPI Cup Racer cars, making it easy to line up the body mount and antenna holes.

* Premium vinyl decals include window frames, headlights, grill, tail lights, official logos and more - For a perfect finish with a lot of details
* Front and rear light buckets - allows you to add real lights for the ultimate realism
* High quality polycarbonate with excellent dimensional stability and impact resistance - For extra strength and longer life
* Pre-marked body post holes - For easy mounting on HPI cars
* Fits the HPI Cup Racer, Switch and other "Mini" size cars

#7024 Honda Civic $22.00
Bodywerx_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #1490
Tech Elite

One problem with the civic body. There's an old one that fits the mini rs4. The new and the old bodies have the same part number, 7024 and the old one is still around and it doesn't fit cup racer.

HPI you need to fix this.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #1491
Tech Adept

Default if the old body doesn't fit.......

which one is this? It has the extra lip in the rear for dual wings. There were RS4 decals in the kit. This is a Cup Racer..
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Cup Racer 1M-img_2471.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-img_2478.jpg  
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #1492
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1555Racing View Post
which one is this? It has the extra lip in the rear for dual wings. There were RS4 decals in the kit. This is a Cup Racer..
If it came with headlight buckets it is the new one. I think it only has the upper wing in the new one, tinted windows, etc...

I believe yours is the old one. Nice color too.....
Bodywerx_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #1493
Tech Adept

Default no light buckets

it's the older body, thx. Distributor's don't distinguish between the two...
Old 03-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #1494
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Damnit Man

Hey 1555Racing are those aluminum rear a-arms on your car?
Old 03-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #1495
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1555Racing View Post
The wheel well cut lines are for the smaller tamiya m size wheels you have on. The cup racer with the larger tires/wheels do not fit correctly. The width of the body is a little too narrow and the wheels rub on the fender arcs when you compress the suspension esp. the rear with toe-in.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #1496
Tech Adept

Default Yessir, some don't care for them, but they're.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnit Man View Post
Hey 1555Racing are those aluminum rear a-arms on your car?
GPM Racing /ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GPM-REAR-ARM-B...item19b979800f

Last edited by 1555Racing; 03-09-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 03-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #1497
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
The wheel well cut lines are for the smaller tamiya m size wheels you have on. The cup racer with the larger tires/wheels do not fit correctly. The width of the body is a little too narrow and the wheels rub on the fender arcs when you compress the suspension esp. the rear with toe-in.
Yeah it seems like his car is using the 55mm tires designed for the Minis. Then again there's nothing to prohibit the use of the same 55mm tires/wheels on a Cup Racer.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #1498
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
One problem with the civic body. There's an old one that fits the mini rs4. The new and the old bodies have the same part number, 7024 and the old one is still around and it doesn't fit cup racer.

HPI you need to fix this.
The new Civic has #7216 not 7024!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #1499
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan_88 View Post
The new Civic has #7216 not 7024!
Wow HPI listened to me and so fast. Look at bodywerx's post #1492 at the bottom. Same news I've seen around. A fairly popular US online shop who will remain nameless to protect him from embarassment has the 7024 body listed with the new description that the body is for the Cup racer and Switch for sale. (Bob you might want to fix your ad)
Old 03-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #1500
Tech Adept

Thumbs up kinda wishin I could get my hands on one....

??
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Cup Racer 1M-34462_1.jpg