R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-07-2003, 09:29 PM   #16
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by vere513
oh really tc3 only a trianing car? then how come people at my track gets beat by a tc3 when they have that raycer
All depends on the driver.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:55 AM   #17
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default my thoughts

The Raycer is good car and so is the TC3.

RAYCER is more sturdier and does not break easily as a TC3
(but that should not be your deciding factor)

For sure, withthe numerous tuning options of the X-ray you'll have a headache or even a migraine, but once you get it your dialed, with the TC3 its like a walk in the park.

Socal stocks Xray parts, right. But AE parts are cheaper and you will nothave any problem about delayed shipping of parts and so on--- KThobies are the cheapest so far when it comes to AE parts for the TC3.

Socal-when I went there its mostlyt XXX-s and TC3's and a few Tamiya's and X-rays but its still driver preference sir! And would'nt it be nice if Barry B came and you have a Question and you come to hime with your TC3 and go, "could I ask you something about my ride?" hehehehehehe

Both cars are great, would love to try a Raycer since its its only differenc is the tub chassis form the carbon variants.

But I love my TC3 and B4 and my TA04-R (pia tuned)

Whatever you choose buddy, be happy and goodluck with it!! the the TC3 thread is very very informative. plus this site:

Peace and hapy racing!!!

sorry its also long.
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 07:53 AM   #18
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

In my opinion, not breaking is extremely important when your new to touring. So with that said I'd say go for the Xray. I've seen TC3's break quite a bit but have NEVER seen an Xray break. Also with the Xray the quality and ease of adjusting some parts of the car(like the shocks and diff's) is a big help. I've never run the Xray but my C4 has the same shock and diff ease of adjustment and it's a big help. With all that said I've heard of people complaining about the tub chassis and the lateral flex that it has, so when running on a high traction track that might be a slight disadvantage. Once you put the 1.77 pulleys and some other parts in the Xray both cars will have equal potential on the track but the TC3 will still be more fragile(IMO). If you can afford it I'd say spend the extra cash and get the Evo2 (foce), then the only option you may need would be the front one-way.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote