Wiki Posts
Search

Xray X10 World GT Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Note: bench racing with bob is fun cause it doesn't just talk shit, brings up good points... lol
I think I'm getting an ulcer...
Old 02-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Wow, looks like alot of people were expecting something crazy! If 1/12th scale goes to lipo Xray will have to do something different anyway. Unless we just put the single cell lipo on one side and the escand rx on the other. Simple car first then complex kit later. Backwards from everyone else.

I think keeping it simple while everyone is getting carried away with all kinds of desighns is inovative enough. I need simple at this point. I don't want alot of suspension parts that need extra attention. I've learned my lesson in 1/8 offroad. Complex cars with complex repair bills.

I've narrowed down my 1/12th car choices to Xray,CRC,Bmi in that order right now.

Serpent went out cause of the one piece pod and complex nature of the car. I love that T-bar adjustment though.

AE is out because I'm looking for better quality and they claim thier pivot ball setup can be adjusted to alighn the rear pod side to side. I don't see any turnbuckle in the trailing links thsat could do that. More AE false promises.

Can't find much interest in Corally yet.

Anyway: simple, lightweight, high quality, is fine by me. If the inovative eye candy works I'll try that in the future.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Someone made this point a ways back, if you want to know who is designing the xray cars you can email him. See him on the web, see him at a track (in Europe most of the time).

Who designs the HB, TC5, Phi cars? Someone that you just can not contact. Nor does it say on the website of those companies. This hobby is very different than it was 20 years ago heck even 10 years ago. All the top manufactures have seemed to have gotten eaten up by corporations. Mr. Hudy is a designer by heart and wants to make the best stuff and that is why we see so many Xray changes. No one will ever get a car design right the first time. Drivers will make design changes all the time. At least with Xray when a change is worth using they bring it out quickly. Some manufactures just sit on their hands without making the changes to the parts that you and I buy. yet they save them for their team drivers.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Aye yae yae, this thread is already going helter-skelter now. Worse than before.

Here is the final stab in this thread: let's wait for this car to come out. Let's see what the price will be. If the price is well justified (as in more than that poor excuse on the Xray website describing this car), I will pick one up (I own't lie) and try it out.

For all we know, this could be the next best car out on the market or it could be the biggest flop.

Let's all sit back and wait for the thing to come out.

RX7, that Stig video is real. Pay close attention to the voices you hear and you may hear James May's voice and Jeremy Clarkson's voice. Top Gear is going to update their site about the black Stig's return soon. I just hope the rumors of the White Stig vs the Black Stig is true. That will be an epic race!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarryN
Here is the final stab in this thread: let's wait for this car to come out. Let's see what the price will be. If the price is well justified (as in more than that poor excuse on the Xray website describing this car), I will pick one up (I own't lie) and try it out.

For all we know, this could be the next best car out on the market or it could be the biggest flop.

Let's all sit back and wait for the thing to come out.
I guess you did not read what someone else wrote about the currency difference? The dollar is weaker than the Euro. So this means the cost of anything that comes from a Euro cost will be more expensive to start with. Simple economics
Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Well thankfully the tone of the thread started to calm down a bit. However, again, (as the famous words of Barak Obama) "As I have always said before" let's see what the price is for the carbon fiber diving board. If it is a hair above $212, sorry, Xray better justify the price.

I agree, the KISS concept is great! But it doesn't mean you can't be innovative, can it? That is why I would like to point out with the CRC car. It's innovative, but simple to tune, build, and understand. I think a lot of proud CRC owners can appreciate that fact.

Again, I think Xray used to put out some great cars. I think the NT1 is a GREAT car that has set the bar up for others to follow. Mugen still relies on buying old designs from Serpent and improving upon it and calling it a MRX4, MRX5, etc. The MTX4 has taken a lot of hints from the NT1. Same with that Sheperd 10th scale car that looks like a mirror copy of the NT1.

All I am saying is if Xray is to justify their price, they should continue with their innovative designs like they have in the nitro world. I have an XB8TQ buggy and think it will be awesome, if it ever gets built. I also have the N18T and M18T with the Hudy starter box. Also which are unbuilt. But that just shows you that I am not 100% biased. Just 80% with their electric cars.

That's all I will say. I await the official pricing of this diving board. But again, get ready to face the flames if that car is above $212 without a good reason.
Why this price, where can I buy a CRC, BMI, or AE for that? From Stormer the prices are $249.99-CRC, $229.99-BMI, $249.99-AE. Why would a car that will perform just as good, if not better than those. Also uses better materials than all but the BMI. And the X-Ray does the BMI one better by revamping the AE front end with their own plastic and redesign, instead of just throwing in the AE stuff. Be cheaper? No offense Jason, I do like your cars, just making a point. Hell Corally did the same with the SP12X. But for what its worth I'll pay up to $299 for the car, just because of my experiance with X-Ray and RCAmerica. The cars are just that much better, usually!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
Why this price, where can I buy a CRC, BMI, or AE for that? From Stormer the prices are $249.99-CRC, $229.99-BMI, $249.99-AE. Why would a car that will perform just as good, if not better than those. Also uses better materials than all but the BMI. And the X-Ray does the BMI one better by revamping the AE front end with their own plastic and redesign, instead of just throwing in the AE stuff. Be cheaper? No offense Jason, I do like your cars, just making a point. Hell Corally did the same with the SP12X. But for what its worth I'll pay up to $299 for the car, just because of my experiance with X-Ray and RCAmerica. The cars are just that much better, usually!
I promised I would stay out of this thread, but I figured this deserved a response. The reason why I say the Xray should be priced cheaper is because Xray prides itself as "Optimized, Innovative, Luxurious" and some other adjectives praising itself. The car they have on display at the show is anything but even the first two words that Xray uses to describe themselves everyday.

Using more expensive parts (carbon fiber or aluminum) doesn't always make a better car. Nor does it justify higher prices. There are other materials to use. And saying that other materials don't function the same way is not an excuse. Finding a way to make something work is what engineering is about. Xray developers, priding themselves on their work should already know this and take measures to make such strides.

But honestly, this thread really doesn't have much life in it until the car is released. Whether you defend or attack the car's design is moot. After the car comes out and it is in the hands of a regular racer (not team drivers due to bias) and they give their first impressions, we can go from there.

Anyone know of a good site that is covering the Toy Fair in Nuremberg so we can see what else is on display there? Seems like news coverages are taking forever.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What X-Ray car have you seen not perform in the hands of the average Joe racer? This car should be right on par if not better than the rest of the market, just because it doesn't look pretty with all the double deck chassis's and red screws don't mean it won't work.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Anyone know of a good site that is covering the Toy Fair in Nuremberg so we can see what else is on display there? Seems like news coverages are taking forever.
Redrc.net has been doing updates daily and has some decent coverage. I know Derek from Extreme will be there sometime today and will have some good coverage too.

EA
Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

newsflash: you can make any of these cars do the same sh!t...
Old 02-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 360rcspeedway
newsflash: you can make any of these cars do the same sh!t...
So true!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
What X-Ray car have you seen not perform in the hands of the average Joe racer? This car should be right on par if not better than the rest of the market, just because it doesn't look pretty with all the double deck chassis's and red screws don't mean it won't work.
Just attacking the description and main features of the car that Xray has on its site. Optimized? Revolutionized? Come on. The picture of the car speaks a ton of words about how "optimized" it is.

Plus I know all cars perform the same in the end once they are dialed-in. I never disputed that! I support that.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Just attacking the description and main features of the car that Xray has on its site. Optimized? Revolutionized? Come on. The picture of the car speaks a ton of words about how "optimized" it is.

Plus I know all cars perform the same in the end once they are dialed-in. I never disputed that! I support that.

Hey guy you need to do a little reading on word usage. This is from the Xray site in regards to the 2 words you seem to be so hooked on.

• Specially designed and optimized for brushless and brushed motors
• Optimized for indoor carpet racing as well as outdoor asphalt racing
• Optimized weight balance when using brushless motors; when using lighter brushed motors the weight balance can be adjusted by shimming motor in the rear pod

The word optimized is used correctly in the statements. So I am not sure why this is made fun of or is criticized. It is used 3 times out of over 1000 words in the release.

I do not see anywhere in the release the word revolutionized. So dude get your facts straight and stop harassing this thread and move on. Be a man and hold to the words you say/write about not posting about this issue.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
The word optimized is used correctly in the statements. So I am not sure why this is made fun of or is criticized. It is used 3 times out of over 1000 words in the release.
It's made fun of not for the misuse of the word "optimized", but for the fact that X Ray uses the word "optimized" to describe features on every vehicle they make. Every car they produce has been "optimized" in one way or another.

Which begs the question; If the vehicle was "optimized" in the first place, why did it need to be replaced with a new vehicle, which is also "optimized"?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

time out, I'm lost what r we argueing about again? Disappointed cause it ain't wacky looking or something?
Marketing got carried away or somthing??

Looks like a nice car. I'm sold. Still looking at the Bmi though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.