Wiki Posts
Search

Xray X10 World GT Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
That pan car should be scrapped and started over. Last I will say on this subject. I am surprised no Xray team driver spoke up yet. But then again, how can you defend that pan car?

The Xray team members have been.... Optimized for driving skills only.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Clegg
See:

BMI: (Innovative rear suspension design)

Serpent

CRC: (Innovative Pro-Strut front end)

And others including AE.

There's plenty of innovation still alive. Xray is just not one of them... chosing to copy designs from the 80's and 90's instead of going on a limb and trying something clever like the above cars.

Thanks, I'll have to do some research on those cars as well. I'm undecided on 1/12th or WGT.

All those cars look a little heavier than the Xray. Whats special about the CRC's front end? The Serpents pod looks nice, but I'd hate to have to replace a whole pod every crash, rather than just part of the pod.

T-bars seem simpler. I'm getting my Xray bias from 1/8th scale nitrobuggy in case your wondering why I'm looking at them first.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
All those cars look a little heavier than the Xray. Whats special about the CRC's front end?
My car balanced with a 21.5 Brushless and lipo is 1 oz. over weight. The official weight for WGT is 40 ounces. If I run 13.5 and 4 cell I have to add a little weight.

About the front end, check out the CRC website

The front end moves forward and backward to change the wheelbase. In and out to adjust the width. This chassis can be converted to 235 mm spec in minutes. There is more than meets the eye. I picked up mine for $259.00.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Yea, I do, it's 200mm shy of interesting....
Old 02-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm still disappointed with the design. But, don't you feel if they'd have REALLY gone after something clever and off the wall, the general thought would be, "Leave it to Hudy to needlessly complicate a simple idea"?

Mind you, my expectations of what should have (or could have) happened are based on the following picture from the front page of the xray site. This new car, and the following photo, do not match.

Based on that picture and the intent of it on us the public... it explains the general tone of this thread.

We'll still get behind the car and support it, I'm just hoping it's a test. If it sells well, and the market holds, Hudy will put some time into the next design. And THAT car will be slick.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm still disappointed with the design. But, don't you feel if they'd have REALLY gone after something clever and off the wall, the general thought would be, "Leave it to Hudy to needlessly complicate a simple idea"?

Mind you, my expectations of what should have (or could have) happened are based on the following picture from the front page of the xray site. This new car, and the following photo, do not match.

Based on that picture and the intent of it on us the public... it explains the general tone of this thread.

We'll still get behind the car and support it, I'm just hoping it's a test. If it sells well, and the market holds, Hudy will put some time into the next design. And THAT car will be slick.
Yes, but did anyone say as such with the CRC 10th scale pan car?

It is definitely revolutionary to say the least. It is innovative as it incorporated LiPo in its design phase. I know my track has a few people with CRC Gen X 10 cars and love them. I just recently joined the fold.

I think your post is true if the Xray was to cost along the lines of $359.99. If Xray is smart, and they do make a different car, and it is as innovative yet simple like the CRC Gen X 10 car, I am sure there wouldn't be such a major backlash as there is now. If they can keep the price modest (though I highly doubt that), they will do well.

But like you said, let's see what happens. I think that is quite fair.

By the way, your avatar cracks me up, Bob - Stormer.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarryN
Yes, but did anyone say as such with the CRC 10th scale pan car?

It is definitely revolutionary to say the least. It is innovative as it incorporated LiPo in its design phase. I know my track has a few people with CRC Gen X 10 cars and love them. I just recently joined the fold.

I think your post is true if the Xray was to cost along the lines of $359.99. If Xray is smart, and they do make a different car, and it is as innovative yet simple like the CRC Gen X 10 car, I am sure there wouldn't be such a major backlash as there is now. If they can keep the price modest (though I highly doubt that), they will do well.

But like you said, let's see what happens. I think that is quite fair.

By the way, your avatar cracks me up, Bob - Stormer.
Actually, that's a good point. Until we see a price point, we REALLY don't know what we're looking at. For $199 it's a killer car, for $359 it's not.

Good perspective.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

It looks like a carbon fiber diving board.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

I must say that's true and then we would be balking on the $325 plus price tag too..and saying if he'd stuck with a simple design then it wouldn't cost so much.

Like I've said before...if the price is right and the car performs well, this thread will change. I won't be buying a WGT car until this spring so I hope the 6 cell version is out so I can have a look at it. But for right now there is a CRC Gen X-10 in my future.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Thanks, I'll have to do some research on those cars as well. I'm undecided on 1/12th or WGT.

All those cars look a little heavier than the Xray. Whats special about the CRC's front end? The Serpents pod looks nice, but I'd hate to have to replace a whole pod every crash, rather than just part of the pod.

T-bars seem simpler. I'm getting my Xray bias from 1/8th scale nitrobuggy in case your wondering why I'm looking at them first.
Our car actually needed alot of weight to be legal. It came in 2 oz. underweight.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Holy crap! Is Hudy now knitting sweaters out of flaming yarn? I'm STOKED!!! Just adding it to my all Hudy stable - my $55 Hudy t-shirt, $38 hat, $150 stop watch...

In all seriousness, if they actually price within range of the others, it'll be tough to complain. Or they could shock us all and sell it cheaper than the others...
Old 02-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

lipo optimized chassi will be sold as a option soon
Old 02-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
Holy crap! Is Hudy now knitting sweaters out of flaming yarn? I'm STOKED!!! Just adding it to my all Hudy stable - my $55 Hudy t-shirt, $38 hat, $150 stop watch...
I'm sorry but I am seriously laughing really hard here, especially the stop watch!

Gordie, you will REALLY enjoy building the CRC Gen X 10 car. However, it uses standard measurement and not metric. But eh, the kit is really high quality and "optimized" LOL!! Ok ok, I will stop now.

And get the LMP Mulsanne body for some mega super ultra luxurious and optimized downforce!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Whats up guys well me being a xray guy i am here to help with any questions.I am glad to see everyone so amped for are new car especially Bob Stormer. You guys seem to know alot, but the price on the car has not been made and i think you will all be surprised on it . As for as the simple design its a simple class if you guys want innovative buy a touring car and what is SO innovative about the other cars in this class.So thanks for the support and all the comments good or bad we will just see at the races meaning the nats how are simple car does....Thanks Drew
Old 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
lipo optimized chassi will be sold as a option soon
I think you mean a bag of shims like the 009 for $50.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.