Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray X10 World GT Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, there is always Serpent. At least we can count on them for innovation.

I really like what they did with the S120. Simple yet, optimized!!

Sure Serpent can cost as much, if not more than Xray, but at least Serpent puts their money where their mouth is.

BTW, Xray person, if you cannot take criticism, you are in the wrong industry. Critique is what makes a successful and strong company. Asking opinion and RESPECTING your customers is what puts you on top, even if your customers are speaking up against being patronized and told they are looking at an "OPTIMIZED" car when it really is nothing more than a carbon fiber diving board as one person put it.

Sorry for the double post.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
All I can say is stop HATING thats all it is your a hater and you know it if you don't like XRAY don't buy it please don't buy it, don't go to the website and read are BS stop coming on are theards and showing us what a big hater you are and trust me there focus is not the US market they are a euro company and right know that is where all the rc stuff is selling and being made so they could care less what you think if your so good at marketing start your own company..Thanks Drew
Uhhh,,,, wow!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
That being said I will stick with my Gen X 10, but knowing me I will likely switch just to eliminate stripping of soft aluminum non-metric screws.
-Kane
RC Screwz = $300.00 savings and your lipo ready.
http://www.rcscrewz.com/product_info...oducts_id/2870

Last edited by Verndog; 02-05-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The only thing left to really say about all the hype around Xray performance is-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFMAR#I...onship_Winners

"Where's Waldo?"
Old 02-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Actually, that's a good point. Until we see a price point, we REALLY don't know what we're looking at. For $199 it's a killer car, for $359 it's not.

Good perspective.
I can't see the 1/10 scale car being $199 when the 1/12 scale car is $274.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ay-copies.html

Originally Posted by RC America
.......others(which they will not do). It's interesting that the HUDY brand, which has been copied by more Chinese knockoff's than I can count, doesn't receive the same attention that some of you seem to do here. .....
Bryan
RC America
Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

This is great your bashing a company you already support LMAO.... All you guys are doing is bashing a company that does nothing for this sport if you don't like the car don't buy it thats all i'm saying no one has a gun to your head and is saying buy Xray as for Xray they are a euro company it is RC America's job to look out for the US market and I think they have been doing a great job.Yes some of are stuff is priced high but we will not have it made in china like everyone else...and why does everybody keep talking about lipo the rules for the class is sub-c. And I am sorry to come off this way but i am tired of all you internet jockeys bashing thats all you do is bash get a life and some skillz go to the race track and race stop playing on your computer.. I look forward to meeting everyone at the race track so PLEASE come up and introduce yourself since everyone knows my name I'm not hiding behind some stupid fake name ....Thanks Drew
Harry N who are you, do you race if so where ,do you come to big races or do you just play with your computer allday you no they make websites for guys like you...
Old 02-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey, what's the "Made in China" here on these Xray parts headers??
Old 02-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Well I can't believe the talk on here about how "innovative" all the other cars are, the BMI is a COPY of a old Corally rear suspension off the SP12V. I had two of these cars, one with the cells straight down the middle. The CRC has a VERY brittle front end, I ran one on my SP12X then went back to the AE style after tapping the flapper at my track and breaking the lower arms, very brittle!! And by the way the red aluminum screws are crap!! AE finally have redesigned their car with revamping of the front end and a redesign of the damper tube. The Serpent is using an old Sassy Chassis style rear pod with a old IRS t-plate spring that was used 10years ago. And by the way is the CEFX car innovative? Last I checked it wasn't. And it still does very well at the track.

Not trying to stir the pot, but hell give the cars 1/10th and 1/12th a chance, they may be one great car. I know the materials will be, unlike the CRC.

And as for what car did Paul L drive? Who cares? He is getting paid to drive the car, hell I would drive a stinking pile of crap around the track if they paid me!!

Last edited by chensleyrc1; 02-05-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serzoni
Hey, what's the "Made in China" here on these Xray parts headers??
Never seen that on any of the X-Ray's I've built.

I used to love AE till they went to Chinese manufacturing, then the QUALITY went to crap!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

This is all that needs to be said sorry for the low blows ....Thanks Drew

Originally Posted by RC America
HAHA!! This thread has some good creativity in it! I chuckled at a couple of the 'optimized' captions. Maybe XRAY should add some of you to their ad team! We all know that Mario and his staff are fond of their adjectives, but it is a bit difficult to highlight some of the quality/materials differences between brands without just attacking others(which they will not do). It's interesting that the HUDY brand, which has been copied by more Chinese knockoff's than I can count, doesn't receive the same attention that some of you seem to do here. These knock offs actually provide a low quality imitations that sponge off the positive track record of HUDY, and give the customer less for their money. They offer no improvements, changes, features that set them apart, they actually hope you mistake it for a HUDY brand item. Apparently, nobody has an issue with that! XRAY may be a bit over the top with some of their listings, but they have always tried to provide the highest quality, best performing, most optimized product possible. The same 'enthusiastic' staff that everyone seems to be bagging on is also responsible for one of the best looking and most informative site in the industry. Their ads always look great, and their site/forum give more info and access to XRAY customers than just about any other brand!

After reading through three pages of posting from a few people, I was reminded of a scene from the movie Jay and Silent Bob. Ben Affleck is describing a new website Movie Poop Shoot where movie enthusiasts were posting their opinions about Jay and Bob. I believe Affleck's quote was "This is a site populated by militant movie buffs....downloading scripts and what they think is inside information about movies and actors they claim to despise yet can't stop discussing." That seemed to describe many XRAY threads on this site pretty well! Once the kits reach the tracks, I expect this one will settle down too, just like the other threads. I think I have a link to that actual audio somewhere, but the rest of the movie is pretty vulgar and probably not appropriate here!

XRAY has always been responsive to their customers. This may not be what everyone envisioned, but it seems a bit premature to write it off before one has even hit our tracks. Just look at their new 2009 spec off-road kits. They addressed just about every concern/issue that customers brought up over the past year. If there turns out to be some issues or class changes for the X10, I am sure XRAY will respond. If World GT turns into a LiPo only class in the future, I am sure XRAY will respond appropriately. I can't promise they will change their marketing speak though!

Drew has been a long time XRAY guy and very loyal to RC America and XRAY, so I know why he gets fired up about some of the attacks. Drew puts in more effort into helping racers than just about anyone I have met. It does seem a bit odd that in three pages of posts, there wasn't much of anything about what I would expect would be the number one criteria in a race car, performance! Once the cars are out, I am sure Drew, Ralph, and the rest of the team will be more than happy to assist with any questions or setup help possible.

McSmooth - I believe Paul ran a Trinity 1/12 car at the 'Birds. I won't speak publically about private affairs, but pro drivers race these cars for more than just fun, and Paul has a family to take care of

AndrewD- I think P2 may have answered your questions about the front end, but if we can help with any other info, don't hesitate to call us at the office!

Everyone - We don't have final pricing yet, but we expect it to be close to the XII. I would guess that info will be available from XRAY(then us) shortly.

Bryan
RC America
Old 02-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi Drew, we missed you guys at the birds.

You going to the Nats?
Old 02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

ok, So it may or may not be your ideal car in whatever way you personally look at things. It is ALL ABOUT growing the sport. The t bar cars IMO are easier to start with and work better for me and some of the guys I know on low bite tracks up to higher bite tracks. Anyhow, the point is. If you like it, buy it. But I would like to see one car made by any mfg that EVERYONE likes. It plain doesn't exist, and thinking it does is unrealistic. Xray plastics are great, the fit and finish is great, every design I may not like but its what I run. If you chose not to run it or don't like it thats fine. But why bash it and talk smack all day about things. EVERYONE has parts made in china on their car, they just don't know it. Screws, bearings, all the minor parts that no one things about. Almost always made in china for cost cutting reasons just like your 1:1 car. serpent, now all made in china. everyone has something to complain about for everything.. the plastics are to hard, the metal isnt machined right. We should all just be happy that we CAN race, and its a HOBBY for most of us. and treat it as such. how about we get this back on track for some productive discussions about this. ??? truth be told, I am not getting one cause between my 008's and Nt1's I already have a ton of fun with touring cars.. if you like the CRC car, get one. If you like this car, get one. Why get all wound up in this car suck, or your car sucks. As one of my good friends says "Calm your bed foo, I don't wanna hear it" lol
Old 02-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
Well I can't believe the talk on here about how "innovative" all the other cars are, the BMI is a COPY of a old Corally rear suspension off the SP12M. I had two of these cars, one with the cells straight down the middle. The CRC has a VERY brittle front end, I ran one on my SP12X then went back to the AE style after tapping the flapper at my track and breaking the lower arms, very brittle!! And by the way the red aluminum screws are crap!! AE finally have redesigned their car with revamping of the front end and a redesign of the damper tube. The Serpent is using an old Sassy Chassis style rear pod with a old IRS t-plate spring that was used 10years ago. And by the way is the CEFX car innovative? Last I checked it wasn't. And it still does very well at the track.

Not trying to stir the pot, but hell give the cars 1/10th and 1/12th a chance, they may be one great car. I know the materials will be, unlike the CRC.

And as for what car did Paul L drive? Who cares? He is getting paid to drive the car, hell I would drive a stinking pile of crap around the track if they paid me!!
Actually, no we did not copy a corally. Corally had a somewhat similar setup but it didnt work very well and the function is different. It was dropped very quickly and was a poor design. To be honest, when i developed our rear suspension, i had never seen the corally version before. I took this same heat by one guy until he saw the differences. It really was news to me if you want to believe me or not. However, our car has proven itself to work extremely well at this years Snowbirds With a top 3 finish to 2 other very good cars from AE and CEFX.

There really shouldnt be bashing going on. I understand that people want to see innovation. We all do. All companies are trying to put out the best possible products they can. We the manufacturers are in this to offer you the best possible products to go out and race with. This is supposed to be fun for all of us. We can call every car out there a copy of another but when it comes down to it, they are all excellent race cars. You can go out and have a good raceday with the family and enjoy yourselves. Xray has made some very nice products. I do admit, i would have expected more bling being that there stuff is usually very fancy but hell, i never had one in my hands so i really cant judge. In the end, you have alot of choices for WGT cars. Buy the one that interests you and have some fun.

Last edited by protc3; 02-05-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I'm still disappointed with the design. But, don't you feel if they'd have REALLY gone after something clever and off the wall, the general thought would be, "Leave it to Hudy to needlessly complicate a simple idea"?
No, I don't think that would have been the reaction at all.

People have been needlessly complicating(and overpricing) touring cars for quite some time. And in all that time, the one thing I haven't heard is..."that new thing is needlessly complicated". All I ever hear when the car is first shown is "man, I can't wait to try that".

Its not until the company produces the follow up 6 months later, that they themselves say that the innovations on the last car were 'needlessly complicated'! And the customers nod like sheep and agree even though they laid out the money for the previous kit.

So in that respect, I don't knock Xray for making the design simple, I knock them for not following the tried and true path of making something overly complicated first, then selling people the new and improved simple version 6 months later. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.