R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-05-2003, 06:46 PM   #1
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default New Handout Motors From Big T

What does everyone think of the new handouts that Trinity plans on using? What are they going to do at ROAR races that you get a handout motor? Give you an illegal motor from Trinity? How many tracks around the country supports roar rules in stock motors? Are they going to allow thease motors to be run each week in regular races? Or are we going to buy motors for one race and let them sit in a box? Will more track opt to use a Reedy motor or Orion because of this?
eXpress Motorsports***VBC
fastasu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:38 PM   #2
Tech Master

do you live in a closet in alaska? wake up mcfly!

the new epoxy balanced monsters and arcornite hand out motors are leaps and bounds better than what is offered at most hand out type races. what do you do with those old school paradox motors? paper weights and holding a worm on the bottom of a lake! lol the snowbirds will be using both of these motors..guess what? when were done with them at the birds we will have a few races where you must use the hand out motors..it also eliminates some of the cheating that was done last year.. i like them and i like the idea..
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:48 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I think the new motors will be available to purchase after the Cleveland US Indoor Champs. It is my understanding that these are not for hand out only. They are just being introduced at Cleveland and happen to be the handout.

The stock motor will be the best motor to ever hit...........
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 08:58 PM   #4
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cleveland and the Snowbirds dont follow ROAR rules.

But i do see your point, our club although not ROAR we use ROAR rules as a basis for our club rules. And stock motors must be ROAR legal for them to be used in our stock classes. So if this motor does not meet roar rules im sure we have some headaches ahead of us explaining to members why they cant use this motor.

Trinity lables it as an outlaw. I hope this is not just more hype and word games to push sales and that infact the motor is roar legal but they want to call it outlaw to boost the hype around its power and speed
"Without Rules its just Backyard Bashing!"
Joel Lagace is offline   Reply With Quote