Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what's the difference between this SPXs..?

LRP SPX Brushless Competition StockSpec

and

SPX Brushless Bullet Reverse

i'm confused now on which is the right now..

what do you guys have?

EDIT: Typo.. and narrowed it down a little.

Last edited by Minami; 06-13-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

racers are using the spx competition stock spec. # lrp80710
Old 06-13-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

does the 80710 come with a heatsink? tia!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Minami
what's the difference between this SPXs..?

LRP SPX Brushless Competition StockSpec

and

SPX Brushless Bullet Reverse

i'm confused now on which is the right now..

what do you guys have?

EDIT: Typo.. and narrowed it down a little.
The stock spec is the only one that advances the timing as rpm increases to the point you have a performace advantage.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Minami
does the 80710 come with a heatsink? tia!
yes, but you have to install it if you want to use it. it's just double sided taped on.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Addict

thanks guys! very much appreciated. just making sure i get the right one..
Old 06-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default SPX on tight tracks

I've read all the threads with interest, and have my spx coming! (Getting really frustrated with my GTB !)

I've noted the comments that the spx seems best on the longer tracks where you can utilise the extended rpm range. What is the experience of guys running on tight, technical tracks? If you gear to use the extended rpm range, are you losing the advantage of lower-geared torque out of the corners due to wheelspin?
Old 06-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
yes, but you have to install it if you want to use it. it's just double sided taped on.
That's not exactly true. It's a double-sided thermal tape designed to conduct heat. Normal tape won't work at all. I went through a whole learning process on this when the heatsink fell off my TC Spec.

Also, I think running the heatsink on my SPX makes it fade less. That's totally subjective, but I swear it runs better now.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
That's not exactly true. It's a double-sided thermal tape designed to conduct heat. Normal tape won't work at all. I went through a whole learning process on this when the heatsink fell off my TC Spec.

Also, I think running the heatsink on my SPX makes it fade less. That's totally subjective, but I swear it runs better now.
my comment was put into the most simplest terms. yes it's double side thermal tape. peel the tape and stick it on. everything is included in the esc package to do this.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Murphy's Law
I've read all the threads with interest, and have my spx coming! (Getting really frustrated with my GTB !)

I've noted the comments that the spx seems best on the longer tracks where you can utilise the extended rpm range. What is the experience of guys running on tight, technical tracks? If you gear to use the extended rpm range, are you losing the advantage of lower-geared torque out of the corners due to wheelspin?
Because of the lower gearing used you will tend to find it's a bit too easy to wheelspin.
It also seems to be easier to get too much heat build-up in the motors.

Try gearing on profile 6 and get the temps right, then go up to profile 7 but go down at least 2 teeth on the gearing.
Again keep an eye on the temps.

If the track you're on is too tight profile 8 will be of no use.
Profile 7 might be beyond it as well.

Skiddins
Old 06-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok we tried the SPX stock spec today and i am dissapointed

we have changed from TC specs to the stock spec and we programmed to program 8 and tried every gearing from 5.7 to 4.2 and still between 1 and 6/10ths slower then the GM120 powered cars !!!!!

they used to be able to pull 2 to 3 meters on our back straight now they only pull 1 to 2 and they have the same sort of punch on the infield we have

i dont know the motor temps yet but i will update as soon as i speak with my mate

our gearing on the TC spec was 3.7 and we use either a 10.5 with 5 cells or a 13.5 with lipos

please help as i am wondering if i should have bought the GM120 !!!

thanks Phil
Old 06-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
ok we tried the SPX stock spec today and i am dissapointed

we have changed from TC specs to the stock spec and we programmed to program 8 and tried every gearing from 5.7 to 4.2 and still between 1 and 6/10ths slower then the GM120 powered cars !!!!!

they used to be able to pull 2 to 3 meters on our back straight now they only pull 1 to 2 and they have the same sort of punch on the infield we have

i dont know the motor temps yet but i will update as soon as i speak with my mate

our gearing on the TC spec was 3.7 and we use either a 10.5 with 5 cells or a 13.5 with lipos

please help as i am wondering if i should have bought the GM120 !!!

thanks Phil
there are many other factors............

battery is definitely one.............

also 1 to 2 meter down the straight will never put a difference of 6 tenths, so this gap comes from other losses around the track and not necessarly from poor speedo performance......

is everybody using the same motor and mechanical timing??

did you try profile 7 or even 6? sometimes profile 8 is best suitable to fast flowing layouts or long straight..........

again, battery plays a big part on this, I can say a TC Spec with good batteries can easily beat the SPX with so so batteries
Old 06-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Murphy's Law

Hi Murphy's,

I see this is your first post. It is a good question; but, without you having provided any information about your car, motor, battery, tires, track (asphalt or carpet), etc. we cannot respond with any certainty that we will hit the target. Please clarify further...

Cheers!

Bill
Old 06-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
there are many other factors............

battery is definitely one.............

also 1 to 2 meter down the straight will never put a difference of 6 tenths, so this gap comes from other losses around the track and not necessarly from poor speedo performance......

is everybody using the same motor and mechanical timing??

did you try profile 7 or even 6? sometimes profile 8 is best suitable to fast flowing layouts or long straight..........

again, battery plays a big part on this, I can say a TC Spec with good batteries can easily beat the SPX with so so batteries
the only thing we changed was the speedo the batterys are either good new EP4600 5 cells or LRP 5000 lipos , motors are different but i use the LRP 10.5 and that is i believe a fixed timing motor ???

please help i am really struggling to set this speedo up ???
Old 06-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
the only thing we changed was the speedo the batterys are either good new EP4600 5 cells or LRP 5000 lipos , motors are different but i use the LRP 10.5 and that is i believe a fixed timing motor ???

please help i am really struggling to set this speedo up ???
you can adjust the timing of the LRP X11 stockspec motors.....you will see a mark on the motor label which comes from factory aligned with a mark on the endbell ring.......you can play advancing 2mm at a time and see how it performs......

to turn the ring and advance the timing you have to loosen the 3 screws of the back plate........

I can't help you much because I don't run 5-cell, with 7.4v lipo and lrp 10.5 motor you can gear the motor at 6.5~7.0fdr if the track is small..........try power profiles 7 and 8..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.