Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
lrp spx stock spec >

lrp spx stock spec

lrp spx stock spec

Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HI_808
Supposedly Jon Tag said that true 0 degree timing is actually three marks advanced past the long line on the Duo2. With that motor timing, I tried profile 8 at 6.3 FDR with my 13.5 Duo2 and it is fast, but not nearly as fast as the RS with a Duo2.

The new software took the Tekin to another level. Version 203 brought about the first time I felt truly out powered by the RS when using the SPX. 13.5 is no longer like super stock; it's like mod.
I think he was referring to the Nemisis with the timing on the cans.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HI_808
Supposedly Jon Tag said that true 0 degree timing is actually three marks advanced past the long line on the Duo2. With that motor timing, I tried profile 8 at 6.3 FDR with my 13.5 Duo2 and it is fast, but not nearly as fast as the RS with a Duo2.

The new software took the Tekin to another level. Version 203 brought about the first time I felt truly out powered by the RS when using the SPX. 13.5 is no longer like super stock; it's like mod.
Originally Posted by gashuffer
I think he was referring to the Nemisis with the timing on the cans.
Yeah, that can't be right about the timing on Duo2's. If that were true, there would only be 1 tick of advanced timing (there are 4 ticks on either side of the long mark on Duo2's). I have read something about the timing marks being off with Nemesis motors.

v203 is definitely like mod with a 13.5. I got my first taste of it on Sunday and I couldn't keep my jaw off the floor. My hats off to Tekin because that speedo has come a long way.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Somewhere on the RS thread the Duo2 timing is discussed. I also saw it in this document about the RS:

http://rcfaq.weebly.com/tekin-rs--hotwire.html

Max motor timing with the Duo2 is something like 10 degrees.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello, have any of you had to deal w LRP warranty department? Just curious about their customer service, and why the form for sending defective product back wants your credit card information. I was changing my motor on my pretty much brand new SPX and my 17.5 started smoking. I took it all apart and found the first pin from the sensor plug on the SPX still in the plug of my 21.5 motor. So now I have to send SPX back to LRP. It was only used for three race nights. Also now I have a fried 17.5 motor (tried in my old GTB its done!). Hope it all goes smooth, I already miss it.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The LRP service in the US goes through Team Associated in California.

Always has been top notch for me...I've made my ESC mistakes in the past...LOL

Bill
Old 01-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUDI 0000
Hello, have any of you had to deal w LRP warranty department? Just curious about their customer service, and why the form for sending defective product back wants your credit card information. I was changing my motor on my pretty much brand new SPX and my 17.5 started smoking. I took it all apart and found the first pin from the sensor plug on the SPX still in the plug of my 21.5 motor. So now I have to send SPX back to LRP. It was only used for three race nights. Also now I have a fried 17.5 motor (tried in my old GTB its done!). Hope it all goes smooth, I already miss it.
In the US Associated does the warranty work and it is pretty slow in my experince. I sent two speed controls in and had to call and follow up to get my stuff fixed both times. It took a few weeks to get it back and that was with me calling and following up. When I did finally get someone on the phone they were very rude to me. I really like the LRP stuff but the customer service has not been very good and is part of the reason why I am no longer buying LRP products. I am a pretty patient person but three weeks turn around plus shipping is pretty slow in my opinion. I have another speed control that I could send in but based on my last couple of experiences I think I would rather just throw it in the trash.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks guys. Guess I will be waiting awhile. I will have to use my trusty GTB till it returns. I will miss profile 8. Take it easy.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Love LRP speedos, But they are out of the frying pan and into the fire now. Tekin simply smokes them. LRP you've got to do something and fast if you want to get back to the top. You guys better hurry it up, I'm cheering you on!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Love LRP speedos, But they are out of the frying pan and into the fire now. Tekin simply smokes them. LRP you've got to do something and fast if you want to get back to the top. You guys better hurry it up, I'm cheering you on!
You must be living in a fish bowl not to know the new SXX Stock Spec is days away. Give it 2 weeks and Tekin will be behind the ball park AGAIN
Old 01-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

OK guys going to the Birds and will be for now running my SPX. I have a Duo2 and would like to try profile 8 and full or close to full timing on the motor. Track I am running on this weekend has a back straight of approx 60 ft. I know the Birds track is larger but I will adjust when I get there never run profile 8 any ideas on a good starting FDR for this scenario?

Rod
Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RKeasler
OK guys going to the Birds and will be for now running my SPX. I have a Duo2 and would like to try profile 8 and full or close to full timing on the motor. Track I am running on this weekend has a back straight of approx 60 ft. I know the Birds track is larger but I will adjust when I get there never run profile 8 any ideas on a good starting FDR for this scenario?

Rod
You didn't say what turn motor you are running.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

My bad 17.5

Rod
Old 01-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

In 17.5, Full timing in my experience has meant only more heat and fading at the end of the race. My motors sweet spot seems to be 10 degrees. Profile 8 is pretty aggressive profile and I wonder whether that much timing on the can is detrimental to best performance. Id love to hear Reto's thoughts on this.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Kinda what I thought but never pushed the motor that hard with the SPX. Also never ran profile 8 and would rather ask so I don't fry stuff needlessly

Rod
Old 01-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

I ran pretty much the same equipment at Minnreg last weekend, which is the Snowbirds track.

Duo2 17.5 with full timing
SPX set to 1/8/0/0
Team Epic 5000 40c packs

My final was 5.6 and the car was on pace with all the SPX cars, but the Tekin RS cars were blowing us all away. My motor was coming off around 155-165 after each heat and it did fade a little bit in the last minute.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.