Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Drillit
Sorry to say, but the Tekin with the 203 program is that good, at least this week it is.

The guy I pit for made the switch, but I'm sure he'll be back to Blue when they are the fast-one-of-the-week again. He's just that competitve.
dude i pitted with five teken drivers last weekend. in practice i was on the pace they got the update before round 1 and absolutely creamed me i coudlnt compete i did find a few quick set ups but they all was running way too hot to stay on
Old 01-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

I'm praying that they won't be able to handle the speed and crash, it's the only way that I am going to pass them.......or pony-up for "speedo" of the week.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Now if I could find a place to get some trailer parts.........
Old 01-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damnit Man
Sorry to sound stupid, but how do you set these up for 1S. I just connected mine to a receiver, plugged in a servo to the receiver, and then plugged in a receiver pack. I performed a radio check, throttle worked fine, steering worked alright, but then when I switched off the speed control smoke poured from it. Now it will only power up when the receiver pack is plugged into the receiver. I think I broke it...
Did you disable your cut off? Also when using a rx pack I believe you need to disconnect one of the wires(not sure which one though) so you can bypass the esc. I think you just fried it with too many amps. Sorry to hear that. Again i'm not sure if i'm correct with my statement.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Damnit Man
Sorry to sound stupid, but how do you set these up for 1S. I just connected mine to a receiver, plugged in a servo to the receiver, and then plugged in a receiver pack. I performed a radio check, throttle worked fine, steering worked alright, but then when I switched off the speed control smoke poured from it. Now it will only power up when the receiver pack is plugged into the receiver. I think I broke it...
Originally Posted by gashuffer
Did you disable your cut off? Also when using a rx pack I believe you need to disconnect one of the wires(not sure which one though) so you can bypass the esc. I think you just fried it with too many amps. Sorry to hear that. Again i'm not sure if i'm correct with my statement.
I have wired these for 1s with rec pack in 12th and wgt, you have to pull the red wire out of the connector at the receiver. In some cases you cannot have power going in from 2 sources or the above happens

Take a look into the single cell/1s threads for more on this including the use of a 'booster' instead of a nimh/lipo rec pack.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Burney
yeah so i got absolutely smoked this weekeend by all the tekens some even running the same motor.

anyone run this motor and have a sweet spot they can reccomened i tried most things coudlnt get it anywhere near them is this Teken set up that good.

it was indoor carpet on a very basic layout 4 corners if that 70m stright including sweeper

profiel 8
i was 45 timing
8.2 gear ratio on an xray

got smoked on straight and not much punch in the infield helppppp
cheers
8.2 FDR with a 13.5 motor? is it just me or is that ratio too high for 13.5 motor? i thought it should be in the range of 6-ish ?

Even with 11.5 we were already running in the mid 5 to 6 FDR

Sorry if my post sounds ridiculous coz ive never run 13.5 before
Old 01-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
8.2 FDR with a 13.5 motor? is it just me or is that ratio too high for 13.5 motor? i thought it should be in the range of 6-ish ?

no your post isnt ridiculus it is an unusual one for 13.5 but with all these different power options and timing everyone seems to be on diffeent ratios

me and my pals run full timing on the motor and to combat the heat and get punch we run high ratios in the 8's

so far its the only way to we can get the best speed out of this esc and motor package. for me if i run no timing and keep the car around the standard 5's it just gets absolutely smoked down the straight

Last edited by Burney; 01-07-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tpg racer

One of the guys here is also running FDR 8.2 with SPX and SP V3 13.5T motor. He smokes all the other guys...

Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can someone help me find a FDR to run for a Foam 13.5 TC?

I am running a SPX on profile 7 with a Nemesis 13.5 on a xray 009 US Spec. Trying to set it up for a 100ft straight on a high bit carpet track.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Has anyone had any luck combating the new Tekin RS software with their SPX? I have been running Profile 7 with my Duo2 13.5 with almost full timing (half a tick from full), and a 6.9 FDR. It was previously one of the fastest cars on the track. Now the Tekin RS v203 firmware has a lot more rip out of the corner, although the straight-away speeds are similar.

I am thinking about switching to Profile 8, lowering the timing down to 1 or 2 ticks past 0, and gearing down to a 6.0 or so. Yay or nay?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Go low 5's for FDR.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Go low 5's for FDR.
With what timing? What profile? And what do you base that on? I thought you were running a black can motor.

Not trying to hassle you, I'm just trying to gather the best knowledge now that I am getting motored by the Tekins.

Last edited by M-Technic; 01-12-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

If anyone is interested, I have a NIP SPX for sale...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...w-package.html
Old 01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by M-Technic
With what timing? What profile? And what do you base that on? I thought you were running a black can motor.

Not trying to hassle you, I'm just trying to gather the best knowledge now that I am getting motored by the Tekins.
that's just from what I have been reading, but I will be running 13.5 in my X. See you out there one day I tried to come up on Sunday to race but I got a flat on the 95 about 20 miles to short and my doughnut was flat I took me forever to get home and I didn't get a chance to run.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Has anyone had any luck combating the new Tekin RS software with their SPX? I have been running Profile 7 with my Duo2 13.5 with almost full timing (half a tick from full), and a 6.9 FDR. It was previously one of the fastest cars on the track. Now the Tekin RS v203 firmware has a lot more rip out of the corner, although the straight-away speeds are similar.

I am thinking about switching to Profile 8, lowering the timing down to 1 or 2 ticks past 0, and gearing down to a 6.0 or so. Yay or nay?
Supposedly Jon Tag said that true 0 degree timing is actually three marks advanced past the long line on the Duo2. With that motor timing, I tried profile 8 at 6.3 FDR with my 13.5 Duo2 and it is fast, but not nearly as fast as the RS with a Duo2.

The new software took the Tekin to another level. Version 203 brought about the first time I felt truly out powered by the RS when using the SPX. 13.5 is no longer like super stock; it's like mod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.