Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

cool thanks daskills. im running a duo2 13.5, sorry i forgot to mention that. the track i run on is not huge or anything so i think that a 100 would make a good starting point for me.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

No problem, I haven't tried my 13.5 with it yet. So the 100 spur will be a good start. Start out with 0* on the motor since the 13.5 put out good hp. If you have any more questions you can ask my friend, his profile name is Timmie, he has been helping me out with my ratios. Like I said he is fast with his 416.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This ESC continues to perplex me. I put it on profile 8, and geared my DUO2 13.5 around 6.2 (timing half way between middle and full) and the motor screams down the straight now. It's kind of screwing up my timing at the end. Our straight is just shy of 100'. Motor comes off around 150F after a 6 minute race, and I'm running a 25mm fan on it.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Syndr0me, you might want to go up 1 tooth on your pinion to see if you can get the timing to kick in sooner. I had the same problem, my car was fast but by the time it kicked in, I was 2/3 down the straight.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Trouble

Hi, I'm having some serious trouble with my spx. Ok I raced it to day in my oval car with 1 cell lipo, novak booster, yes its on nimh mode. In the first qualifier I was running very well the second fastest out there. In the second qualifier just as fast until I took a nasty hit and noticed the speed dropped drastically. I just thought it was the battery, thought the battery may have dumped. Now its time for the main set it on the track and it takes off, I take it for a couple practice laps and it seem fine I stop to wait for us to go to the line and nothing the car is just sitting there not moving at all. A guy comes up behind me and gives the car a bump(he hit me by accident) and I hit the throttle and it goes. I can keep going as long as I don't come to a complete stop. I get home and play with it and whats happening now is, I hit throttle no power to motor. I watch the lights and this is whats happening. Hit the throttle yellow led lights up, full throttle blue lights, hold it and the yellow and red led alternate. I don't know whats going on any help I would greatly appreciate. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy
Hi, I'm having some serious trouble with my spx. Ok I raced it to day in my oval car with 1 cell lipo, novak booster, yes its on nimh mode. In the first qualifier I was running very well the second fastest out there. In the second qualifier just as fast until I took a nasty hit and noticed the speed dropped drastically. I just thought it was the battery, thought the battery may have dumped. Now its time for the main set it on the track and it takes off, I take it for a couple practice laps and it seem fine I stop to wait for us to go to the line and nothing the car is just sitting there not moving at all. A guy comes up behind me and gives the car a bump(he hit me by accident) and I hit the throttle and it goes. I can keep going as long as I don't come to a complete stop. I get home and play with it and whats happening now is, I hit throttle no power to motor. I watch the lights and this is whats happening. Hit the throttle yellow led lights up, full throttle blue lights, hold it and the yellow and red led alternate. I don't know whats going on any help I would greatly appreciate. Thanks.
I had similar problem lastnight at a race. I didn't know what's wrong but hoping it wasn't the ESC ($$$ device), I was anxious to find out what went wrong, so I hook it up with another motor and it worked just fine.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had the same problem and found it was bearings in my X11 13.5. I changed them and problem solved.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i hit some one with an SPX also and his car slower , also it turned out to be the sensor cable

all though there was no external damage , the inside of the connector on the motor was damaged !!!

i have also cooked 2 motors with the SPX due to over gearing to get the edge on my fellow racers
Old 10-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Check your sensor and its port before anything else... no able to start from a complete stop sounds like a problem with the sensor
Old 10-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks so much for u guys help I haven't been this nervous in a long time hopeing it's nothing wrong with the speedo I bought it used and can't imagine how much lrp would want to fix it. Thanks again guys
Old 10-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

How are you guys gearing 10.5's on profile 8 in TC?

Im gearing my 13.5 at 6.0. How many teeth should I drop? Im thinking around 6.5?
Old 10-15-2009, 04:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
How are you guys gearing 10.5's on profile 8 in TC?

Im gearing my 13.5 at 6.0. How many teeth should I drop? Im thinking around 6.5?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5658993-post39.html
Old 10-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had the exact same symptoms when mine was brand new. I took it to
LRP and they told me there was a problem with the Fets. Fortunately, mine was under warranty. Although, LRP has first rate customer service so hopefully they can bring your Spx back to life!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Check your sensor and its port before anything else... no able to start from a complete stop sounds like a problem with the sensor
+1
Old 10-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
I had the exact same symptoms when mine was brand new. I took it to
LRP and they told me there was a problem with the Fets. Fortunately, mine was under warranty. Although, LRP has first rate customer service so hopefully they can bring your Spx back to life!
Fet trouble is a growing trouble with LRP units, it would seem they use an inferior quality fet when compared to the likes of Tekin....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.