Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lochness42
I heard that on races that I weren't attending one driver I know (and which asked few weeks ago which esc to buy - SPX Stock Spec of course) were asked what is he running (he was almost as fast as guys with 4.5T and 5cell). He had bought my used LRP X11 Stock Spec as well and he says it's rocket (others doesn't belive it's 10.5T standart motor without tuning). I'm not sure if it's motor - I wasn't on race with him since he got new esc - or esc itself.

Btw can you compare LRP Stock Spec motor (or Nosram) with Hacker?
Haven't yet tried the Nosram with it as the Hacker is going great..... and 'if it ain't broke'

Will be putting the Nosram in for the National next month (Hacker's not on the approved list).

Worringly a guy I race with has now blown 2 of these ESC's using his Prince 13.5

Skiddins

P.S. Beat another of my personal best's today by 9 secs
Old 04-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Worringly a guy I race with has now blown 2 of these ESC's using his Prince 13.5
Maybe there are really some motors that have problems with SPX
Originally Posted by Skiddins
P.S. Beat another of my personal best's today by 9 secs
Congrats
Old 04-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

BUMP
Old 04-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Cool NO more RIP!

I got my SPX a couple of weeks ago and had two oppertunities to try some profiles and gearing. I started at profile #6 and FDR was around 3.9 with a Novak 17.5, temp around 145F.Car had more rip than my GTB could ever deliver. Next, I thought I'd try profile #8 and FDR at 3.6. Car had good speed but it didn't last long before it slowed down. Checked the motor temp and it was 210F after about 5 minutes. I smoked the Novak, then I switched to a Speedpassion 17.5, ran it at the same gearing and profile and again had good power at first but it really slowed down after about 3minutes so I pulled the car off the track and checked motor temp. it was 240 F. I guess I screwed up two motors now! I went back to the original profile#6 and FDR at 3.9 and the car had modest power but not the same rip it did originally. Did I ruin the ESC? I checked the temp of the SPX after every run and it was fine! Not sure what to do to bring the rip back from before? Any suggestions!
Thanks in advance
Old 04-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
I got my SPX a couple of weeks ago and had two oppertunities to try some profiles and gearing. I started at profile #6 and FDR was around 3.9 with a Novak 17.5, temp around 145F.Car had more rip than my GTB could ever deliver. Next, I thought I'd try profile #8 and FDR at 3.6. Car had good speed but it didn't last long before it slowed down. Checked the motor temp and it was 210F after about 5 minutes. I smoked the Novak, then I switched to a Speedpassion 17.5, ran it at the same gearing and profile and again had good power at first but it really slowed down after about 3minutes so I pulled the car off the track and checked motor temp. it was 240 F. I guess I screwed up two motors now! I went back to the original profile#6 and FDR at 3.9 and the car had modest power but not the same rip it did originally. Did I ruin the ESC? I checked the temp of the SPX after every run and it was fine! Not sure what to do to bring the rip back from before? Any suggestions!
Thanks in advance
If your going up on the profiles, you need to drop your gearing down NOT up!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks in advance

the ESC is safe, don't worry..........

the reason why you fried the motors is that you went wrong way.......

Higher power profile demands shorter ratio (higher number)........so if you ran at profile 6 geared at 3.9 you should go down 1 or 2 teeth on the pinion to get the motor properly geared at profile 8......

for example.......with 9.5 motor it's fine geared at 6.5 at profile 6.......for profile 7 I must gear at 7.0
Old 04-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have tried last week-end with the latest Nosram 9.5, profile 6 with a gear ratio of 5.9, motor temp was around 70°c, good top speed and acceleration.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im considering in getting an SPX Stock Spec or the New SXX?
I'll be running 13.5T & 10.5T most of them time but will never know later in the future in wanting to run mods?

Does the SXX have the same power profiles as the SPX on profiles 6,7 & 8?

So which do you guys reckon I should take?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Azman Azam
I'll be running 13.5T & 10.5T most of them time but will never know later in the future in wanting to run mods?

the new SXX looks sweet but has not been released yet, except for TOP drivers who may certainly provide you some information on this one. Post your question in 416 Jilles Grosskamp thread, he is very helpful and is certainly using a SXX

the SPX stock has 8 prog profile and handle up to 5.5t motors if I remind correctly.

if you run mainly 13.5 and 10.5 motors, you can't be wrong with the SPX stock.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

I have asked the same question on LRP's forum and emailed Nosram about the Pearl (Same as the SXX only Red ).

I have had no reply yet from either!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks in advance
I think you've cooked the motors.

Remember, lowering the gear ratio means a higher number FDR, 5.0 is lower than 4.1 etc.

You should have gone down to FDR 4.1 or something if you went up the profiles, not the other way around.

Try a different motor.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

For 13.5T & 10.5T deffo SPX. SXX won't have power profiles.
SPX will be still capable to run mod motor (well not those damn stupid fast motors such as 3.5T) but I run in mod 5.5T motor with lipo and it's still fast (6.5T as well).
Old 04-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

From Adreas Myberg at LRP;
Hi Damian,

The SXX Competition #80900 nore the SXX TC-Spec #80950 won't feature any stock spec software or hardware like the SPX Stock Spec #80710.

/Andreas
There's your answer, if your running in the Stock classes, don't bother with the SXX, get the SPX (Or Nosram's equivalents )

Skiddins

Last edited by Skiddins; 04-17-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im thinking of buying an spx. I currently run a losi xcelorin speedo with a 13.5 duo. The losi has adjustable timing so i was wondering if i would see a difference running a spx. Also if i get a spx how should i set timing on motor and spx. My track is 100'-35'. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks in advance
nice one max i thought im the only one known for smoking motors see you on saturday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.