Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp spx stock spec

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Toh WL
Well I am playing with the rest on hot sunny day at 40C air temp. But track wise should be much higher. My car able to keep up on straight without degration in speed. But other seem to be quicker & cut me in front from back. Although using same motor & ESC. The LRP VTEC acceleration did kick in for the boost. Track length is 50m straight.

I was thinking the MODE 3 (Initial Brake) aka hand brake affect. Does it has impact on reducing the speed? What if I had it disabled at 0. Will I get additional performance gain? As of now the value is set to 2. What if I gear from 5.3 to 5.1 any significant differences?

What gearing are the others running with the same motor and the older LRP Sphere ESC's?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone know if the spx works the same with brushed motors?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Anyone know if the spx works the same with brushed motors?
racepeenis - in brushed mode it will work just fine. My TC spec was probably the BEST brushed speedo I ever used in terms of throttle feel and I'm sure the SPX is the same. Those extra fets make a difference. The timing advance from the speedo does not apply to brushed - sorry.

It does not matter what speedo you use - you will fail - eve n in F1.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

I hate you Ling! You want to buy Cyclone?I have 1 for sale.You get special price!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
racepeenis - in brushed mode it will work just fine. My TC spec was probably the BEST brushed speedo I ever used in terms of throttle feel and I'm sure the SPX is the same. Those extra fets make a difference. The timing advance from the speedo does not apply to brushed - sorry.

It does not matter what speedo you use - you will fail - eve n in F1.
I hate you Ling! You want to buy Cyclone?I have 1 for sale.You get special price!
my two heroes... i asked my wife if i could name my son Ling Hicks Failure...

i ended up sleeping on the couch.

racenut..what are you racing at nats? mini? F1? GT1? GT2? wanna stay out of your way of course
Old 06-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

I suck at pretty much everything,so I thought I would start down the road of total suckage in the f103 class.Cars are fun.I am soooooo over Mini!No need to get out of my way Chris.I can't seem to catch up to anyone anymore!
Originally Posted by Hebiki
my two heroes... i asked my wife if i could name my son Ling Hicks Failure...

i ended up sleeping on the couch.

racenut..what are you racing at nats? mini? F1? GT1? GT2? wanna stay out of your way of course
Old 06-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I suck at pretty much everything,so I thought I would start down the road of total suckage in the f103 class.Cars are fun.I am soooooo over Mini!No need to get out of my way Chris.I can't seem to catch up to anyone anymore!
Yeah Chris, he's been bringing FAIL to a whole new level lately...LMAO!
Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I hope someone can help....

I have an spx in my xray t2 for VTA with a novak 21.5 with a fdr right around 4.2. It has been fine the last 3 or 5 time I had it out.

I have been working on the set up and practicing, then the car started glitching. I pulled it right away and the lights on the esc would change when I pulled the throttle, but the motor only move for a sec and then stop. The motor temp was a little warm around 150.

I tried resetting the esc and nothing changed. THen the esc didnt respond and the red and yellow light began blinking. Everything is set up as per instructions. THe only thing I changed from the factory set up was I changed it to profile 7.

I have a friend bringing by another esc and motor to try to see which it is. Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks
Chris
Old 06-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

is there really more to the SPX being "stock spec" other than marketing?

i'll be getting a new speedo in a few weeks but can't decide between the SPX and SXX. i'll be using it for 13.5 racing and was thinking the more advanced SXX would be better.. wrong?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi guys. I just got a spx. I read the first 12 or so pages of this thread and seen a few people asking if it works in off road. Here is what I have found with this new speedo.

2wd buggy. I have run my 6.5 on profile #1 and #2. #3 was way too much but 1,2 were perfect. Awsome feel and powerband not to mention the brakes are awsome.
Next was a 13.5 in the same buggy. Started with #4. Smooth and fast. Bumped the profile upto #5, a bit more power and a quicker power band but the buggy could hook up so no big deal. It did get me about 6 more inchs off the jumps. Profile #6 on the other hand was just too much to handle. Way to quick of a power band but it did net me another 1.5 feet on the jumps !!! No I didnt change the gearing, wanted to see what the speedo could do. Maybe drop a tooth or two would help with the power band but still prefur a normal speedo for dirt. Just smoother and better placed powerband. The sxx on the other hand would probly be the speedo for dirt?

Its now in a R5 with 1s lipo and 13.5. I was told by somone that it didnt work in 1/12th but am gona try it wed to see for myself. The car was up and running on sunday with a gtb and a 43 tooth pinion. I dropped 2 teeth and set punch to #5 for starters on the spx. Cant wait.

DK
Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Minami
is there really more to the SPX being "stock spec" other than marketing?

i'll be getting a new speedo in a few weeks but can't decide between the SPX and SXX. i'll be using it for 13.5 racing and was thinking the more advanced SXX would be better.. wrong?
I have a friend with both speedo's and he runs 17.5 rubber tire touring. He was dissapointed in the SXX even on the highest profile cause it felt like the motor just "gives up" down the straight compared to his SPX. I then told him that the SXX was meant for mod and that it's profiles are not like the ones in the SPX. He agreed and is swtiching back to the SPX...
Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PartTime
2wd buggy. I have run my 6.5 on profile #1 and #2. #3 was way too much but 1,2 were perfect. Awsome feel and powerband not to mention the brakes are awsome.
Next was a 13.5 in the same buggy. Started with #4. Smooth and fast. Bumped the profile upto #5, a bit more power and a quicker power band but the buggy could hook up so no big deal. It did get me about 6 more inchs off the jumps. Profile #6 on the other hand was just too much to handle. Way to quick of a power band but it did net me another 1.5 feet on the jumps !!! No I didnt change the gearing, wanted to see what the speedo could do. Maybe drop a tooth or two would help with the power band but still prefur a normal speedo for dirt.
DK
If you want to get rid of some of the low end 'snap' with the high profiles try adding some negative throttle curve.

Skiddins
Old 06-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
If you want to get rid of some of the low end 'snap' with the high profiles try adding some negative throttle curve.

Skiddins
I did do a touch of expo when I was racing on the indoor clay track (high traction) but out doors in loamy condistions the first part of the throttle felt....springy...Its the only way I can discribe it. Kinda like I give it gas and the speedo pulls timing out cause of the lack of traction? Flat out didnt like it on the higher profiles and no traction. With the mod in and low punch it felt just like my 07 or tc spec. Very smooth with a perfect power band. If you run on good traction in off road this speedo works great. If it is loamy or really slippery dont bother or keep the punch around 2 or 3. Again, I didnt change gears when I was playing with the profiles. It could probly be dialed in on the higher profile on a slippery track with just a gear change but, not sure.

DK
Old 06-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

SPX is the speedo for Stock. It has profiles you won't find on the SXX. SXX is the speedo for Mod, as it will run cooler and more efficiently than the Sphere.

The SPX will run Mod motors very, very well in profiles 1 to 4, but the SXX will not run Stock motors with the same power you can get from the SPX. Unless you run low-turn Mod all the time, SPX is the better choice for the average driver, and the choice for Stock. HTH
Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi all,

I have been following this thread here and there and decided to post my recent experience with my LRP SPX and Sphere TC. Was hoping that maybe someone could give me some insight on If i just have extremely bad luck, or I'm doing something wrong here. I had my SPX for 2 weeks and it let go on me. I was running 17.5 with a 4.66 FDR on profile 6 with no drag brake. Car was doing fine till my next qualifier. Tried to drive off and my car wouldn't move. Bumped it and zoom, it drove off. So yeah, push starts are not ideal

Fast forward to this past weekend. Decided to run 4 turn mod with my TC Sphere that I have had since Jan. of this year. Its never ran a mod motor as it was what I used for 17.5/13.5 until I bought my SPX. FDR 8.54, profile 1 for punch, again no drag brake. Worked great in practice Friday, but on Saturday quit working after the mains were over. No lights on the esc when i turn it on, cooling fan doesn't come on....nothing. Looked for broken wires but it all looks fine.

I gear for motor temps, I always stop at 160f so I do not believe I abused my equipment. Does anyone have suggestions or maybe see something I may be doing wrong here? Just got back into r/c racing this year and popped 2 esc already! This suxors!

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.