Ive read your posts on the TT01. I had 2 tt01s before, the D and R. Sold them
all because of the front suspension slop, and its appetite for stock pinions.
Now Im a having an urge of getting into TT01 spec racing locally. Ive read
the local rules and specs... Tamiya hop ups allowed, silvercan (2 vent holes),
any tyre, TEU101BK esc, realistic body shell (non racing bodies), LiPo allowed.
I want to get a 3rd TT01 and will follow your suggestions since you've
raced this chassis in spec class. But I want to hear your opinion in some
issues that I have:
• What is the better platform to start with, TT01 D, E, or R? Combination?
• I want to change the front suspension to c-hub style suspension.
Ive seen in some thread or forum a TT01 with this kind of set up.
The front suspension ball joints tend to wear really fast and lowers
your car slowly. I want to try front suspensions from TL01 or TA05.
• Now about the propeller shaft, is it better to use the stock plastic rather
than the aluminum? Reason is I want to have a bit of flex/slip when
accelerating or braking so that it will be less stress to the drivetrain
thus saving me some pinions.
• Havent tried any stabilizers in my previous TT01s, any significant gains
with these devices?
• Lastly, since we'll be confined with stock Tamiya esc, can I put a
Novak capacitor in this esc for more punch?
• What do you mean by running your TT01 like pan cars? Please elaborate.
I always enjoy reading your posts everywhere in rctech... TT01, TC4,
TC5, etc... your all around man.
Hope you share more.