Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Novak GTB and GM brushless . >

Novak GTB and GM brushless .

Novak GTB and GM brushless .

Old 01-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Default Novak GTB and GM brushless .

Hi ,

I have a GTB and i have used it with a 3.5 NOSRAM , 3.5 speedpassion .
But , im wondering if i can use the GM 6t ( wich is aparently = to a 3t ) with my GTB , i dont want to fry any of them i asking the question before i use it .
Thanks in advance
Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Please guys , any help , i got my motor ( GM 6t ) yesterday and i would like to use it .But im not sure i can use it with the GTB.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Novak says the GTB is safe down to a 3.5T motor (prob cause that is the lowest turn motor they make), so I find it unlikely that the 3T equivalent motor is going to cause you an issue on the GTB. Just be sure the fan on the GTB is in good shape and running.

If you can put all that power down, you are likely going to find other weak points in your car before the motor causes the ESC to get too hot. Be sure to use high quality connectors, if any, and use 12-gauge wire throughout, otherwise the wire itself will be acting as a resistor and heat up, including making the motor and esc run hotter.

What kind of racing are you doing that you NEED a 3T motor?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kn7671
Novak says the GTB is safe down to a 3.5T motor (prob cause that is the lowest turn motor they make), so I find it unlikely that the 3T equivalent motor is going to cause you an issue on the GTB. Just be sure the fan on the GTB is in good shape and running.

If you can put all that power down, you are likely going to find other weak points in your car before the motor causes the ESC to get too hot. Be sure to use high quality connectors, if any, and use 12-gauge wire throughout, otherwise the wire itself will be acting as a resistor and heat up, including making the motor and esc run hotter.

What kind of racing are you doing that you NEED a 3T motor?
Well , im doing mod 5 cell and i already have a NOSRAM3.5 but the runtime is a bit short and i saw that this motor was less powerfull and i also needed a spare motor so i thought to buy it .