Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BRUSHLESS STOCK in STOCK CLASS. >

BRUSHLESS STOCK in STOCK CLASS.

BRUSHLESS STOCK in STOCK CLASS.

Old 11-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

The stock class is defined by the motor. It is a class where 24 degree, 27 Turn ROAR approved motors are used. Some guys actually race this class because they like to tune motors. They like the challenge of out-tuning the other guy.

The brushless motors have the advantages that have been stated previously, and due to being more efficient, will allow your batteries to maintain a higher voltage for a longer time. The brushless motors do not fit the definition of the stock class -- they should run in a separate class.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by underdog
The stock class is defined by the motor. It is a class where 24 degree, 27 Turn ROAR approved motors are used. Some guys actually race this class because they like to tune motors. They like the challenge of out-tuning the other guy.

The brushless motors have the advantages that have been stated previously, and due to being more efficient, will allow your batteries to maintain a higher voltage for a longer time. The brushless motors do not fit the definition of the stock class -- they should run in a separate class.
Gosh...why weren't you here earlier? This would have answered the whole question...we could have just saved this whole thread!
Old 11-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

racenut123;

Good job, funny stuff.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just trying to lighten the mood.

Heres one for the brushed guys.

http://www.fanta.dk/showmovie.asp?mi...C-7DD465B9EF61

Old 11-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

those were hilarious!

nice cameo popsracer!
Old 11-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by racenut123
Just trying to lighten the mood.

Heres one for the brushed guys.

http://www.fanta.dk/showmovie.asp?mi...C-7DD465B9EF61

bbbbbbbUUUUUUUU aaaaaa hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

those are both great ..... hey pops did you get some royalties for that shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and no one will take my TACO BELL crown from me !!! ya hear ... no one!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

lol, those little movies are gonna be all over the board before long
Old 11-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by howard hudson

... hey pops did you get some royalties for that shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Howard;

My Lawyers are ironing out the details as we speak.

racenut123;

My sources tell that you should be spending WAY more time on the Track and less at the Keyboard.

Still funny stuff....
Old 11-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by popsracer

racenut123;

My sources tell that you should be spending WAY more time on the Track and less at the Keyboard.

Still funny stuff....
Yeah...I am not too proud to admit I am not kinwald fast.Should have become a screen writer instead I guess. I will have to visit some friends down south this coming outdoor season and see for myself how fast you southern california guys really are.Not the type to call people out but the proofs in the putting I guess.Where do you primarily race at Popsracer/Howard?Only Socal location I haved raced are Revelations raceway.I think you guys should come race carpet this winter with us.We always get Southern folk wandering up every now and then.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah...I am not too proud to admit I am not kinwald fast.Should have become a screen writer instead I guess. I will have to visit some friends down south this coming outdoor season and see for myself how fast you southern california guys really are.Not the type to call people out but the proofs in the putting I guess.Where do you primarily race at Popsracer/Howard?Only Socal location I haved raced are Revelations raceway.I think you guys should come race carpet this winter with us.We always get Southern folk wandering up every now and then.
only if i can run brushless in stock class ga ga ga ga

but realy carpet kicks butt had a track here once
Old 11-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

You know what sucks is in order for you guys to have carpet,would require someone to go out on a limb.I know how much it cost to start up and then finding a place where you can have the race regularly and it be where you at least break even.Its sucks!Thats why parkinglot racing is so popular I guess.
If you have time on a saturday and you ever feel like it,come on up.We have Matt Francis,Lloyd Dasonville,Jimmy Jacobsen come out on a regularly.Its alot of fun.Competitive but lots of fun.By the way what club or track do you race at Howard?I am in La alot and want to race but only know of Socal and Rev raceway.I wouldnt mind doing club racing when I am there.Thats where the racers are!
Old 11-09-2003, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

You know what sucks is in order for you guys to have carpet,would require someone to go out on a limb.I know how much it cost to start up and then finding a place where you can have the race regularly and it be where you at least break even.Its sucks!Thats why parkinglot racing is so popular I guess.
If you have time on a saturday and you ever feel like it,come on up.We have Matt Francis,Lloyd Dasonville,Jimmy Jacobsen come out on a regularly.Its alot of fun.Competitive but lots of fun.By the way what club or track do you race at Howard?I am in La alot and want to race but only know of Socal and Rev raceway.I wouldnt mind doing club racing when I am there.Thats where the racers are!
we had a carpet track here but no one showed up so we closed it down. guess the racers like it outside in the hot sun better then indoors with some kick ars traction

but any how I do the hobby ppl races from time to time , titus track in corona ( which there last race of the season is next weekend) a few of CB races in lamirada. Dont venture to socal much and rev is basicaly a nitro track. there is a new track from what I here in the works but not open yet

tell matt francis that I said wazz suuuuuup!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default novak 4300 vs 19T

Kind of got lost in the debate over the brushless stock and brush stock, but let me ask now.... I am geting a hudy T1R and planning on installing a 4300 system in it. I mostly club race with no rule, just gentlemens etiqute that 19T is the lowest motor run. How will the 4300 run against the 19T motors, should I change and go with the 5800. I like the idea of long run time if i can get 10 mins on average that good enough for me.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: novak 4300 vs 19T

Originally posted by vadn1
Kind of got lost in the debate over the brushless stock and brush stock, but let me ask now.... I am geting a hudy T1R and planning on installing a 4300 system in it. I mostly club race with no rule, just gentlemens etiqute that 19T is the lowest motor run. How will the 4300 run against the 19T motors, should I change and go with the 5800. I like the idea of long run time if i can get 10 mins on average that good enough for me.
i have run both quite a lot and in my humble opinion if your gonna race against 19t brushed motors get the 5800 and run unlimited mode. i believe you'll get run over on the longer straights if you race the 4300.