R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Electric On-Road Racing in Richmond VA

Hey all. We're a club in Richmond VA called VORRA. We are located in Ironbridge Sports Park on Rt. 10 in Chester. We used to "run what cha' brung'" in electric but this year we've decided to lay down some rules. Basically it's just separating the cars into 2 classes. Our website is www.vorra.org You can find all the race dates and directions and stuff there. Here is what I posted on our forum about the new rules:

Ok, the club voted on having 2 classes for electrics this year. We are trying to prevent the super fast guys from running into the "not quite as fast" cars. The rules are as follows:

Stock Class: 17.5 turn for a brushless motor

27 turn for a brushed motor

Mod Class: 10.5 turn and lower for a brushless motor

19 turn and lower for a brushed motor

Both classes can use any ROAR approved battery. And we ask that you please use some kind of safety device (safety bag or box) when charging lipos at the track. Club members at the meeting stated that they have these devices and if anyone needs to use them at the track, please ask.

These rules will be enforced and if it is apparent that someone isn't following the rules, your car will be inspected and DQ'd if illegal.

Also, if we do not have a minimum of 3 to run separate classes, the classes will have to be combined. This is in order to give everyone that comes to race a chance to race.

VORRA understands that some may not agree with these rules or may want changes but this was decided by club members who regularly attend meetings. The only way you can have a chance to get what you want as a club member is to come to the meetings. Otherwise, you will have to follow the rules that are decided upon by other members. We appreciate your understanding and hope to see a bigger turn-out with these rules in affect. Good luck everyone.

(Disclaimer: I am writting these rules from my notes from the meeting. If I missed something or something is incorrect, I will make the necessary changes.)

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote