R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   NOSRAM X11 probleme !! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/270266-nosram-x11-probleme.html)

cyclone speed 01-25-2009 07:11 AM

NOSRAM X11 probleme !!

Hi ,

I was racing last weekend end the 3 screws in fornt of my 3.5 BL motor where loos.
I was putting the motor in the car and i noticed that the 3 screws in front of the motor ( the long screws ) where loos , so i took the risk and i did 2 mins of racing before my motor fell apart , the front plate was screwed to the motor mount and the motor itself was detached , it was kinda funny but anoying bacause i had to change motor and i think its broken , when i took the front plate and screwed it back to the motor , the screws wouldnt stay in , they where loose so i changed motor to anothe 3.5 wich was new and had no probleme .
Is my 3.5 broken or can i do something to it ?
Thanks in advance for any help .

mok 01-25-2009 07:42 AM

i've not seen a fix for this....

the long bolts that screw in from the pinion end dont have much material to screw into inside the motor can and overtightening those bolts will strip the threads inside the motor...

IMHO its a design flaw in the x11 motors.

i've tried glueing the bolts and even glueing the entire front plate to the motor can but at best it lasted only a few minutes, but not a full race :(

maybe someone else has been more successful in a repair?

-Mark

oze 01-25-2009 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by mok (Post 5338846)
IMHO its a design flaw in the x11 motors.

Last year I raced a full season with x11 with no such a problem. So this in not a design problem. Started this season with a new motor and after the 2nd meeting I had one of the screws lose. A friend of mine have got the very same problem. I think that Nosram/LRP changed the material to a weaker one in 2008.
I am not surprised with Nosram/LRP.

cyclone speed 01-25-2009 08:19 AM

OK guys , thanks for your advice , it seems like its a broken motor :cry::cry:.

luic 01-26-2009 06:38 AM

You can use a Dremel to remove some material at the top, where the holes where the screws come, it will come down a bit.

You can replace the piece of aluminum, which has the threads for this we must remove the back cover and desolder the circuit connecting coils, taking care not to much heat, then remove the piece is easy, this involved a little force, can put a old motor piece, with good condition.

I hope you can help. Luis C.

cyclone speed 01-26-2009 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by luic (Post 5343182)
You can use a Dremel to remove some material at the top, where the holes where the screws come, it will come down a bit.

You can replace the piece of aluminum, which has the threads for this we must remove the back cover and desolder the circuit connecting coils, taking care not to much heat, then remove the piece is easy, this involved a little force, can put a old motor piece, with good condition.

I hope you can help. Luis C.

yes , thanks for your advice , i will try it tho but i will be very carfull .