Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Need a new 10.5 motor >

Need a new 10.5 motor

Need a new 10.5 motor

Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Impulse_racer
At our track Tekin rules. They are very fast and the tech/customer support is the best.
Than it will be the Tekin for me as the motor will be free. (don't think that it will be free)
I was aready thinking off teh tekin and the novak.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Koen
What about the Speedpassion 10,5R? Is it faster or less fast than a lrp x11 Stock Spec 10,5R? Any experience?
Since the race rules is no limit about what kind of 10.5 are you using, i don't recommend SP: without timing, no holes in the can to avoid overheat like the other brands in the market nor optional heatsink covers to add like LRP.
For myself, i have still awaiting, maybe LRP will think about the release of 10.5R Stock Spec with X12 cans.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mac853
Since the race rules is no limit about what kind of 10.5 are you using, i don't recommend SP: without timing, no holes in the can to avoid overheat like the other brands in the market nor optional heatsink covers to add like LRP.
For myself, i have still awaiting, maybe LRP will think about the release of 10.5R Stock Spec with X12 cans.
ghehe and that is the motor we're going to drive in the Nationals (Stock) in Holland But for practice/club-races I want to buy an x11, but Im afraid the speedpassion is faster, because the speedpassion 9,5R from the same series is almost a modified motor
Old 01-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

ghehe and that is the motor we're going to drive in the Nationals (Stock) in Holland But for practice/club-races I want to buy an x11, but Im afraid the speedpassion is faster, because the speedpassion 9,5R from the same series is almost a modified motor
Not the one that Nomac is going to use.
It's not as fast as an X11.
THe 9,5 spec motor from speedpassion is just a bit faster than a 10,5 x11.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mikky32
Not the one that Nomac is going to use.
It's not as fast as an X11.
THe 9,5 spec motor from speedpassion is just a bit faster than a 10,5 x11.
hmmm ok, but the speedpassion 9,5 is also very fast if you find a good gearing. And so far I know we only have 1 speedpassion 9,5, and that's the one the nomac is going to use I've been told. Seen at our local track and ETS they're going much faster than a 10,5 x11, but stockspec x11 is also a bit faster than a regular x11 so I think I will go for stockspec x11 if lrp doesnt make a x12 10,5 in a very short time

Lol tegen jou kon ik net zo goed nederlands praten
Old 01-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

hmmm ok, but the speedpassion 9,5 is also very fast if you find a good gearing. And so far I know we only have 1 speedpassion 9,5, and that's the one the nomac is going to use I've been told. Seen at our local track and ETS they're going much faster than a 10,5 x11, but stockspec x11 is also a bit faster than a regular x11 so I think I will go for stockspec x11 if lrp doesnt make a x12 10,5 in a very short time

Lol tegen jou kon ik net zo goed nederlands praten
I have the 9,5 from speedpassion. it's a good motor but the GM is a bit faster.
The Novak 10,5 is very fast. past me on the strait wile i was driving the 9,5 speedpassion on 5 cell against 6 cell LRP X11 10,5. I was faster than a 6 cell lrp but not faster than a novak 10,5.

Hahahaha ja dat kan!