Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans! >

Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!

Like Tree18Likes

Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!

Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I hope to test it out soon and I will let you guys know. ..I am working on the driver figure for now until I get a spare hour or two lol
Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile TA03TRF-PRO DJ Special Edition

Hi All,

This is for a specific market... Mint condition never driven just out of storage

Not going to blab on, if you know what your looking at and want this piece of Tamiya history, feel free to contact me with a serious offer.

When in storage was silica gel/bubble wrapped.

Any questions ask away

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!-ta031.jpg   Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!-ta032.jpg   Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!-ta033.jpg   Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!-ta034.jpg   Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!-ta035.jpg  

Old 08-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

still runs pretty good

Old 08-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Sweet TA03R Turb0lard. what class are you running it in?
Old 08-23-2013, 03:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Ta03 setup sheet please

HI guys: I've been running the Ta03 at the local asphalt track, and would like to get it set up properly. Last week I had 55wt oil in the shocks, and that was way too stiff since the track is kinda bumpy.
I suspect my setup is just all wrong. Does anyone have an old setup sheet to share? I am not drifting, this is for normal touring car driving.
Thanks!
Jerry
Old 08-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by witman69
HI guys: I've been running the Ta03 at the local asphalt track, and would like to get it set up properly. Last week I had 55wt oil in the shocks, and that was way too stiff since the track is kinda bumpy.
I suspect my setup is just all wrong. Does anyone have an old setup sheet to share? I am not drifting, this is for normal touring car driving.
Thanks!
Jerry
so what was the car doing? What springs are you using? Are you using sway bars?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by irockflipflops
so what was the car doing? What springs are you using? Are you using sway bars?
Id like to fix two issues:
1. The car doesnt turn left very well. Turning right is fine. Im running stock camber links ,so maybe its my steering or toe.
2. the car gets wobbly at high speed, so I cant enter the corner properly.

I'mr unning street jam shocks, recommended by a hobby shop. Apparently they are similar to the tamiya aluminum dampers :
http://rc-art.net/product_eng/4562226710928
The springs are blue tamiya in the front, and yellow in the rear.
Im using sway bars (Yellow front, Orange rear)and i have carbon upper and lower decks with a lipo. Motor is in the front, since my car is a tao3F. Im running sweep or ride 36 tires usually.

One last question: I have the plastic SP-703 ta03Pro J parts battery holder , and it works fine to hold my(Square) lipos, however, I dont have a good way to keep the battery from sliding sideways since the side pieces are designed for oval batteries. What solutions are people using that allow you to change batteries fairly easily?
Id buy the Carbon fiber battery plate set if that would help, but I dont see any side holders/doors on that one either.
Thanks! Jerry
Old 08-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Sweet TA03R Turb0lard. what class are you running it in?
Thank you. I just run it casually, since some parts are hard to replace. It has 10.5 in it geared at 5.9fdr
Old 08-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just win an ebay auction an get mine pictures soon
Old 08-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

1. The car doesnt turn left very well. Turning right is fine. Im running stock camber links ,so maybe its my steering or toe.

I'mr unning street jam shocks, recommended by a hobby shop. Apparently they are similar to the tamiya aluminum dampers :
Im using sway bars (Yellow front, Orange rear)and i have carbon upper and lower decks with a lipo. Motor is in the front, since my car is a tao3F. Im running sweep or ride 36 tires usually.

One last question: I have the plastic SP-703 ta03Pro J parts battery holder , and it works fine to hold my(Square) lipos, however, I dont have a good way to keep the battery from sliding sideways since the side pieces are designed for oval batteries. What solutions are people using that allow you to change batteries fairly easily?
Id buy the Carbon fiber battery plate set if that would help, but I dont see any side holders/doors on that one either.
Thanks! Jerry
You need to check the lengths of your tie rods. If you have your manual the pictures are real size to compare. I would also make sure your servo is centered. From there I would experiment with the springs. If you have too much steering now swap the shocks from front to back and see what happens.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TubOLard
Thank you. I just run it casually, since some parts are hard to replace. It has 10.5 in it geared at 5.9fdr
What battery are you running?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

turnigy nanotech 5800 or 6000 mah. I shimmed the battery holder with a .5mm washer all around for clearance.
What battery are you running?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

I never had much luck with front motor configuration. With mid motor setup, rear wheels don't hop around like front motor, and the car drives like it's on rails. If you're using stock gear diff, ball diff helps with the rear hopping. I use battery tape to hold the battery down.

Thanks! Jerry

Last edited by TubOLard; 08-26-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

You need to check the lengths of your tie rods. If you have your manual the pictures are real size to compare. I would also make sure your servo is centered. From there I would experiment with the springs. If you have too much steering now swap the shocks from front to back and see what happens.
Thanks! I'll check it out this weekend when I tighten everything up. BR Jerry
Old 08-27-2013, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

I recently got a TA03f and want to make it a drifter. Do you know any other pulleys that I can replace the std ones with?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.