R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-12-2003, 11:39 PM   #811
Tech Rookie

Default Psycho

Thanks!
As far as travelling to the west coast to do the Sept. race i'm not sure. I would like to but it's too far. I'll probably concentrate on the tcs when it reaches the east coast again.
mr.lunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 11:47 PM   #812
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I use the Futaba 9550 Digital servo and Futaba MC800 esc (Just like the LRP Quantum Pro. I'm using pretty good stuff in mine and it really helped me this year.

I need to play with tires a little more for the next TCS race in March.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 11:14 AM   #813
Tech Rookie

I forgot to mention that I used the JR z8450 for steering which I burrowed from my gas car. I'm still curious to see what difference the LRP will make. Can't wait! The car that beat me won by slightly less than a half track so any extra power would go a long way. I have to tell you It's such a thrill smoking the 04s. You should have seen the look in those guys during tech when they realized they were getting beat by an 03 especially the ones from out of state I hope to win next time
Old 08-13-2003, 04:37 PM   #814
wyd
Tech Legend

Thats the way the guys I was beating felt. Best thing was I got a ton of parts from the TCS race the local hobby shop. They gave away a box full of 03 parts. I must have 30 bags of A parts, 30 bags of B parts, and I also have 5 red short belts and 3 blue belts. I also have alot of parts on my own. I really score on plastic parts in the A and B parts bags. I have a trash bag full.

Let me know if you need a bag or two of A and B parts. PM me your address and I will send them out to you if your in the states.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:23 AM   #815
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by psycho
wyd

Is that car really going to be competitive in those classes? I ran my 03FS in GT2 here. I made the a-main, but was no match for the 04R's. I like the 26mm Type A's too. They work really well on slippy to moderately grippy surfaces. They don't work well for me on high grip VHT treated surfaces, though. The 26mm Type B's also work well when the temps come up. I only use the 24mm tires on high grip tracks. They work well in those situations.

aznpoon

My TA03R weighs 880g with motor and electrics (no batt or tires.) I don't weigh them without electrics.
Trust me, that car will be competive in the TCS.
I TQ with one in rally a year ago & was chased until the very end
in GT1 with one, this past TCS in Laurel MD, while driving a TO4R (WYD needed only one more lap & would of got me) I do agree
with you on high grip area's other than parking lots. the car would be at a disavantage. I think it's the best Rally car. Unless you can drive like WYD.
chef88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:30 AM   #816
Tech Rookie

I too made off well at the tcs with a cardboard box filled with A and B parts. The only thing I missed out on was the belts. I do appreciate your generousity though. I like the black parts over the gray so that will be my next project on my 03. I already purchased the black tub.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:48 PM   #817
wyd
Tech Legend

chef88 thanks for the complements. Also remember you drove a great race and didn't make mistakes and you won fair and square. I did feel good raceing with you because it would be a clean race with us two up front and it was. Couldn't have been cleaner or more fun than that A main. I was right were I wanted to be, 2nd and chasing the leader down oh so slowly but the pressure didn't get to you so hats off to chef88.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:49 PM   #818
wyd
Tech Legend

mr lunt just let me know anytime and I will hook you up. Glad to hear you scored some parts too.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:39 AM   #819
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Thats the way the guys I was beating felt. Best thing was I got a ton of parts from the TCS race the local hobby shop. They gave away a box full of 03 parts. I must have 30 bags of A parts, 30 bags of B parts, and I also have 5 red short belts and 3 blue belts. I also have alot of parts on my own. I really score on plastic parts in the A and B parts bags. I have a trash bag full.

Let me know if you need a bag or two of A and B parts. PM me your address and I will send them out to you if your in the states.
You got PM =)

Lex Tyler Paints \ Norcal Hobbies \ Bay Area Peninsula R/C Club
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 11:53 PM   #820
Tech Rookie

Default wyd

Are you participating in the charity race Laurel MD Sept. 7 ? I'm doing nitro but I'm considering running my 03 in the silver can class since the turnout will be very big. Just wondering what kind of competition my 03 would be up against.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:49 AM   #821
wyd
Tech Legend

I will be their running my Yoke SD. I will have a Chrome painted Alpha 2.0 on my car. I will also be the one with the tiny Honda generator that makes almost zero noise. Look me up>

The Tamiya class was dominated last year by Isaac. He really put a smacking on them. I think he is running stock this year so if he does the class is wide open. I didn't plan on running mine but maybe I should. It would work very well their. I just didn't work on it at all so more than likely I won't run it.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:02 AM   #822
Tech Master

wyd

How do you like the ZX6RR? Looks like Fabian Foret is finally getting a handle on his! I haven't seen many of those bikes on the road. It's mostly Yami R6's and CBR600RR's in my area.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 10:14 AM   #823
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a TA03-R that i used to drive inside on carpet, it was a great car to start with, could hit it into anything and it wouldnt break! I bought a few upgrades and things, FRP chassis etc, but i replaced it with a TC3 a year and a half ago, the Tamiya seemed very noisy and the gear diffs didnt seem very smooth, especially after driving the TC3. Anyone?
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 05:28 PM   #824
wyd
Tech Legend

psycho I really like it. I saw Tommy Hayden was 2nd in 600 supersport behind the R6. He could have esily won instead of 2nd but his bike was on rails. Back marker kept him from running an outside line that he was using all race to make the pass ti first.

I only have 500 miles on it. I bought it used with 174 miles on it. The guy lost over 200 grand on it. I got a steal of a buy and had to have it. Didn't really hammer on it at all but I did run it up to about 8 grand or so and it is really just starting to really get moving. I can tell this thing is a beast and will give me all I will ever need.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:51 PM   #825
Tech Master

berger

Yeah, that's pretty standard for all the non-TA04 based cars and Evo3. They're all pretty noisy and have inefficient drivetrains. They sure are fun cars, though!

wyd

So this is a race bike that you bought? $200K?? huh?

I haven't really been keeping up with the AMA races this year. I find the WSS series more interesting even though I'm a Miguel Duhamel fan. It's all about MotoGP, though. Woo hoo! Estoril this weekend! I'm looking forward to the Gibernau/Rossi/Biagi/Capirossi/Bayliss battle!

I would definitely break it in right. It will take good care of you if you're nice to it from the start. I have an F4i and it really came alive after I got the first oilchange. Seems like they put some really heavy oil in it for breakin, but that might be a Honda thing. On my bike, it's pretty tame below 10K, but once you get above that, it's really easy to get the front wheel up! Ride safe.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote