R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-30-2002, 01:51 AM   #376
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile TA03 Parts...

Hello All Ta03 Fans,

I Was Just Wondering If Anyone Know Where I Could Find A TA03 Heatsink Motor Mount? Also I'm Looking For A Graphite Upper Brace For The TA03RS Tub Chassis. I've Been Looking And I Just Couldn't Find Them. Any Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated, Thank.

Atlas
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 05:38 AM   #377
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Go to the Tamiya webstie and you will be able to find the part numbers for that stuff. Then you can have your local hobby shop order them. If you still can't find them call RCO at 717-633-9490 and she could order them for you. They are a big Tamiya dealer and can get almost anything from them if it is in the country.

Tell them Brian Reigle sent you. You can send them a Money order and she will get you the parts. They don't normally take out of state credit cards because of a few bad experiances with that.

wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 09:57 PM   #378
Tech Adept

Just wanted to share some things that I found out about the fix camber links on my TA03R-TRF. I checked the camber on the car and i had 4 different settings. The fixed camber links should give the car 1.5 degrees of camber. I had a range from 1 up to 3 degrees of camber. Checked to see if I had broken or bent something, no problem found. Fixed it by replacing it with adjustable camber links from Tamiya.

Psycho-Thanks for the tip about my diffs. I finally had a chance to work on them this weekend.

I was the second owner of the car and I did not plan to race the car. After selling my TA03 Pro, no choice but to run the R. I ran the car as is. When I pulled the diffs out, man was it a mess. I had to use a wrench to turn the diff tool I was using. Dried sticky diff lube, with some rust on the rings. Replace the rings and cleaned everything out. Rebuild the diff, now it is smoother and looser then before. I hope to have a better working car for the next race.

Do you have your personal transponder for the races at Castle? I'll try to get one this week.
Dayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 10:13 PM   #379
Tech Adept

Just wanted to share some things that I found out about the fix camber links on my TA03R-TRF. I checked the camber on the car and i had 4 different settings. The fixed camber links should give the car 1.5 degrees of camber. I had a range from 1 up to 3 degrees of camber. Checked to see if I had broken or bent something, no problem found. Fixed it by replacing it with adjustable camber links from Tamiya.

Psycho-Thanks for the tip about my diffs. I finally had a chance to work on them this weekend.

I was the second owner of the car and I did not plan to race the car. After selling my TA03 Pro, no choice but to run the R. I ran the car as is. When I pulled the diffs out, man was it a mess. I had to use a wrench to turn the diff tool I was using. Dried sticky diff lube, with some rust on the rings. Replace the rings and cleaned everything out. Rebuilt the diff, now it is smoother and looser then before. I hope to have a better working car for the next race.

Do you have your personal transponder for the races at Castle? I'll try to get one this week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trf.jpg (75.9 KB, 121 views)
Old 05-06-2002, 09:14 AM   #380
Tech Master

Ew, that sounds painful! I'm glad you get your diffs sorted out. Now that you have the adjustable upper links, you'll need to dial in the right amount of camber. Pick up a light colored paint marker pen (white, silver, etc) and write lines across the tires. I usually make 4 lines dividing the tire into 4. Go out and do a couple hot laps, bring it in and look at where the paint is worn off. This tells you which direction you need to co with your camber. I'd probably start off with 1 degree all around and adjust accordingly.

I hear Sheldons is racing on Sat. You should come out. It's a good chance to practice avoiding wrecks and do setup changes without any pressure. I picked up two personal transponders so I don't have to change them out each race. Well, since I'm running 3 classes in electric, I guess I need one more!
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 12:59 PM   #381
Tech Adept

Psycho-Yeah it was a bit painful. I spent all of Saturday afternoon just rebuilding my diffs. I am a little excited to run the car. I may come out to Sheldons, just to run a couple of laps. I have 1 degree of camber set all the way around to start with. I may go to 1.5 but I have to wait and see until I run the car.

What radio do you use? I picked up a used Ko Propo EX-1 Mars about a month ago but it didn't come with an instruction manual. I've order a manual for the radio from Castle, but it has been about 4 weeks and still no manual. They say it is back ordered.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:06 PM   #382
Tech Master

I have a Futaba 3PJS. I'll see if my brother will make a copy of his Mars instruction. I'll let you know. Gonna bring out the F201's this weekend!
Old 05-07-2002, 07:33 AM   #383
Tech Adept

Psycho-Thanks for the offer. I was able to get a hold of Ko Propo USA yesterday and I am ordering the manual directly. I hope to get it by the next Castle race, if not I'll just use my Futaba. I'll try to stop by at Sheldons on Saturday, that is if I am not mountain biking. Looks like several of you will be runing the F201. That would be a fun class to watch.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:44 AM   #384
Tech Master

My bro is going to make me a copy and I should have it by Sat. so I got you covered if you don't get the one you ordered. You should come out on Sat. We're trying to get some other guys that we race with to come out too. Sedan is always interesting on that track!
Old 05-07-2002, 10:38 AM   #385
Tech Adept

Psycho-Thanks for all your help. I'll try to make it out this Saturday just for practice to see how my car is working. I can't really stay for the races. I'll definately make Castle. How early will you be at Sheldons?
Old 05-07-2002, 10:52 AM   #386
Tech Master

Usually everyone starts showing up around 9:00. I hope to see you there! BTW, we usually wrap up around 4:00, so it's not a full day like at Castle.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:45 PM   #387
wyd
Tech Legend

One thing cool at California is that you have alot of tracks to choose from. Gotta like that plus you have alot of Tamiya racers around as well. I guess I'm lucky as our track runs alot of Tamiya classes.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:01 PM   #388
Tech Master

Yeah, we do have quite a few. Some are 100 miles or so from us in the Bay Area, but I'm not complaining! At least there is a place to race every weekend.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:38 PM   #389
Tech Adept

wyd-How is your TB01 running?

There is pretty much a race every weekend. Like Psycho said, if you are willing to drive, there are some great permanent tracks.

I would like to run in a TCS race one of these days, maybe in a couple of years.
Old 05-08-2002, 02:17 PM   #390
wyd
Tech Legend

Hi Dayten. IT is running great. I did just put on the long arm set and new shock towers that came it then kit but I didn't use until now. Have not run it since I made the changes but I'm sure it will be only better yet. I also put on a tie rod setup like the 04 pros have to stiffen the front end. The tie rod setup I put on removed almost every bit of slop the car had in the front end. The little slop I have left is more than acceptable and better than any other Tamiya car I have had in the past and I have had alot of Tamiya stuff.

I also lightened it by about 3 to 5 oz. so I'm really excited about running it again. I'm sure I will see huge performance increases over all once I run it and reset the car up again. I was running fast times with the stock arms and stock plastic toplate but I bet it will be killer next time out.

I don't mind driving 75 to 100 miles to race. I have done it many of times here in Pa when I go to Maryland or New Jersey to race. I really don't mind if the track is nice. You guys do have alot more tracks to go to than I do but I still have 3 to 5 in 100 mile radius to pick from.