P4,000.00 only!!!

email: bitoy@kenkoy.ph
or txt roland @: 0919-4637503
landline: 8742585
toybits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 04:20 PM   #152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

toybits, please don't post your sale items all over the board, the For Sale forum should be plenty.

Thanks,

Trips
Old 10-29-2001, 04:56 PM   #153
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to porkybmx

guys..how is everyone doing? my ta03 feels as if it is going to retire soon. My Corally has taken over my pit table... what am I to do? I don't want to box the ol' reliable car... hehehe
porkybmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 06:19 PM   #154
zxt
Tech Regular

Default porky

hey... Dont do that...

or at least race it from time to time...

have a question...yesterday I decided rebuild my 03R inside out (except for the shocks) then I slap in my used Team Matrix stock motor (I got this from ebay) and I noticed that when I pushed the car it will just go a foot or so then stop...if I remove the motor it will go about 4 feet or so...then I noticed that almost all of my stock rebuildable are just like that...even my bnew one...i tried to to turn the motor by hand and its not that free...unlike the mabuchi and johnson 540's that i can turn it more with ease...

is this normal for stock rebuildables? or is there something wrong with my motors?

Thanks
zxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 06:59 PM   #155
Tech Initiate

hey Porky

if you're still serious about your custom trf project, why dont u convert it to an 03f, get rid of the rear gearbox section, (so the batts can slide all the way back), and then mount the steering servo up high? I think it'd leave you with enough room for the steering mechanism.

what is needed is an upper chassis that is cut so that it sits lower as well, kinda like this:

---_______---

the high bits being the gearbox mounts, as per standard

hmm, i may experiment...

-ZXT...i think thats the norm for most 'aftermarket' motors. I know my 23T super stock has greater 'turning' resistance than my stock 540, and my 11 & 12T triples have even greater resistance..they sorta 'clunk over' as the armature is affected by the magnets.

Last edited by Manuel; 10-29-2001 at 07:03 PM.
Manuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 12:13 PM   #156
Tech Adept

didnt you see my bell cranks on my TRF ? I like the rear motor configuration mainly b/c it handles better, well at least IMO. And I dont like having my motor in the front taking crash impacts. But ill give a try to see how it goes.
Old 10-30-2001, 06:58 PM   #157
zxt
Tech Regular

Cool sound

does your 03's make sounds? mine do...like a whinning sound...its louder and higher as it go faster.

i just wonder if this is normal...my RS4 Sport doesn't...it stays silent all the time.

Thanks

Last edited by zxt; 10-30-2001 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-31-2001, 12:16 AM   #158
Tech Adept

Yea, the ta03 may not be as quiet because of all the layshaft, and counter gears, but you can make it quieter by putting a bit of grease or aero lube on the gears to quite down the drive train. Your RS4 should be considerably quieter b/c it is belt drive, and its doesn't have as many moving parts as the ta03.
Old 10-31-2001, 12:54 AM   #159
zxt
Tech Regular

Default Hey thanks..

but the O3 is belt drive too right?

Another problem...my 03R has Explorer Sport ESC n Matrix stock motor which is running fine but my RS4 Sport has Duster Sport II ESC and has a mild mod motor...its a Tamiya mod motor...I think its something like 23 or 19 turn and has timing adjustment...

Anyways the distance that I can control the RS4 is about 80 feet or 25 meters...way off when I'm using the mechanical speedo with mabuchi motor which I can safely control up to 75 meters or so....

What do u think is the problem? I changed the crystals...i changed my controller, I even changed my receiver...now its down to my old tamiya motor or my Duster II ESC... Do you think an old motor or a bad one can create a lot of static to affect the dustance I can control the car? I also did try to change the position of the receiver....as far as I know you can put the receiver and the ESC together right? buy now they're like a copuple of inches apart....and still same problem....I will try to change ESC or the motor but for now I want your opinion guys....

sorry for the off topic but I'm comfortable telling my problems on this thread...

Thanks
Old 10-31-2001, 10:19 PM   #160
Tech Adept

I think i may know what is wrong. Ok on your tamiya mod motor, do you have three capacitors soldered on the motor? If not, that may be your problem right there. Without the capacitors, the motor creates a lot of "radio noise" as to say it interferes with the signal that your reciever is sending to your transmitter. Your stock silver can motor might not create as much "noise" as your mod motor because the stock silver can draws less amps. hope this helps...
Old 10-31-2001, 10:21 PM   #161
Tech Adept

technically the ta03 is belt drive, but the belt really just links the two gear boxes. It could have been done just as efficiently with a shaft.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:56 PM   #162
zxt
Tech Regular

Default I just checked

it has a single capacitor linking the two connectors (+ -) so should I add 2 more? + to motor can and - to motor can?

Thanks for your help Porky...

any news on JimmyGTR yet?
Old 11-01-2001, 12:00 AM   #163
Tech Adept

you need two more capacitor. exactly as you decribed. one to that goes from the positive terminal to the motor can, and one from the negative terminal to the can. Make sure you take a file and file down the shiny coat on the can so the solder will stick better.
Old 11-01-2001, 12:02 PM   #164
zxt
Tech Regular

Default Hey...

I think I know what adds to the problem...I open up the Tamiya motor and cleaned it...I just sprayed some contact cleaner on the wounds and I just cleaned the commutator with eraser, dont have comm stick right now...then I noticed that the brushes are just around 1mm to 2mm thick...I think thats way used. I read somwhere that a worn motor brushes generates excessive motor noise....

okay another question....

I finally rebuild my 03R...should I get the front one way diff from my 03F and put it on my 03R? I'm planning to make my 03R my main 03 than my 03F....does the front one way acts the same way to 03R compare to 03F? Will I get the same handling characteristics or it will be different? I'm thinking of different handling because 03R is rear motor and 03F is front motor....

Any more set up ideas? I put sway bars on rear and front...will this help a lot on turning? How bout ball diffs?

Thanks again...
Old 11-01-2001, 03:08 PM   #165
Tech Adept

The sway bars will help with preventing excessive body roll, and ball diffs are something you should look into. I ran a one-way up front in my Ta03r trf, but found it to be too loose for my tastes. I'm just too irradic of a driver, so i run a ball diff up front and the rear. I just guess a one-way only works for flowing tracks that have long straights where braking isn't a big issue, or if you have a steady hand steering.