Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 04:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
Does anyone have experience on using 94-96T spur to get 5.0 final drive ratio? I really need to know how far the motor would have been mounted?? (to the front part of the car obviously). I wanted to mount my Quantum2 with its cable facing the motor and this would limit the motor mounting movement at some point. Unfortuntale, I do not have that size of spur at this moment. Thanks in advance for any given info.
The only difference is that I mounted the ESC so the wiring faces out the side of the car.....
Old 03-23-2004, 07:45 AM

Originally posted by rccarracer
The only difference is that I mounted the ESC so the wiring faces out the side of the car.....
Thanks for your input.. The reason I wanted to mount my Quantum2 with wire facing the motor, it would also mean more colling for the headsink as winds will blow through (in between) heatsink.

Actually I have found a way, since I'm using direct servo horn (not the original tamiya servo saver), the turnbuckle link to the steering post assy is not align. Lean backward obviously. So, I will have my workshop made new servo stand to move my S9550 servo further front (should be by 3.5mm I believe), then it will align with steering rack/assy. Fortunately, it would have given me 2.5mm more spaces on the back so that Esc could be mounted like I wish and still more than enough room for the motor.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Default 415 screws

Does anybody have a list of the screw sizes and count for the 415 kit? Thanks.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
Thanks for your input.. The reason I wanted to mount my Quantum2 with wire facing the motor, it would also mean more colling for the headsink as winds will blow through (in between) heatsink.

Actually I have found a way, since I'm using direct servo horn (not the original tamiya servo saver), the turnbuckle link to the steering post assy is not align. Lean backward obviously. So, I will have my workshop made new servo stand to move my S9550 servo further front (should be by 3.5mm I believe), then it will align with steering rack/assy. Fortunately, it would have given me 2.5mm more spaces on the back so that Esc could be mounted like I wish and still more than enough room for the motor.
Sounds like a good idea.
Other thing is I don't run the heatsink as I have placed the big power cap on top of the esc.....
Old 03-24-2004, 01:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We have just 1 or 2 TRF415 left over from the first shipment (a few guys passed up theirs) so those of you interested in the car, now would be the perfect time as the next batch is 2-3 weeks away.

Steve Wang
Old 03-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: 415 screws

Originally posted by forty6
Does anybody have a list of the screw sizes and count for the 415 kit? Thanks.
Ask Steve at Speedtech for the screw counts or better yet, look into his Ti screw kit for the 415. It's got em all and best of all it's a bargain
Old 03-24-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

We have just 1 or 2 TRF415 left over from the first shipment (a few guys passed up theirs) so those of you interested in the car, now would be the perfect time as the next batch is 2-3 weeks away.

Steve Wang
If I had the $$$ I would grab one...may have to wait 'til I get my end of the year bonus...If ever...
Old 03-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default Selling an extra kit

Hi guys, I ordered an extra 415 by mistake and am selling it on eBay. Please PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So has anyone been racing theirs? I'm looking forward to some more racing and tuning this weekend. Last night I clipped the belts. So we'll see if that was a mistake or not this Saturday. If not, I'll have to toss on a spare set of belts.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Our screw count is according to the screw listing in the manual. Typically Tamiya will list the quantity and the size of the screws in the back of the manual (however, not always accurate) so we check through every single step of the manual and count the screw (and it happens to match the back of the manual this time)

However, if any of you think you are short of screws when purchasing our screw kit, please let me know right away. I will take care of it and also update it for future customers I have a screw kit for myself, so I'll find out this weekend when I build the kit if it is accurate or not.

Thanks again,

Steve Wang
Old 03-25-2004, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a screw kit for myself, so I'll find out this weekend when I build the kit if it is accurate or not.
Uh-oh... I have a feeling Steve wants some TCS action this year... hehehe... that's great!... I haven't seen you raced/practiced at Tamiya for months. Time to get that GT1 title back from Ling! Hehehe... (sorry Ling... just had to add that in...LOL j/k)

BTW, Steve, pls keep us updated on the ceramic bearings for Tamiya cars... I have several cars that needs some TLC from months of race abuse... and of course a set for my new 415...
Old 03-25-2004, 02:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How come GraphiteMilitia's shocks are grey and jeffreylin's shocks are blue?
Old 03-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Lycan
How come GraphiteMilitia's shocks are grey and jeffreylin's shocks are blue?
Becuase I replaced mine with the TRF blue shocks.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yep, just read back 10 pages... Cheers.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys,

Our screw count is according to the screw listing in the manual. Typically Tamiya will list the quantity and the size of the screws in the back of the manual (however, not always accurate) so we check through every single step of the manual and count the screw (and it happens to match the back of the manual this time)

However, if any of you think you are short of screws when purchasing our screw kit, please let me know right away. I will take care of it and also update it for future customers I have a screw kit for myself, so I'll find out this weekend when I build the kit if it is accurate or not.

Thanks again,

Steve Wang
Steve,

Your 415 ti screws package is right on. Actually, mine came with one extra 3x8. Is that means that I have to return it? Nah! I can't wait to put the kit in action this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.