Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 05-13-2006, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

can anyone tell me what the best turnbuckle ends are (least play) and where I can get them?
Old 05-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Wink Still for sale

I am still prepared to sell Marc's signed shell.....email me at rowlandsdaniel@hotmail with serious offers guys It's also in the 'for sale' section.

I have never run the shell.......too scared!
Old 05-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viet_mafia
can anyone tell me what the best turnbuckle ends are (least play) and where I can get them?

Tamiya Low Friction 5mm turnbuckle ends #53601. You can pretty much buy them anywhere. Try your LHS first.

You can try precisionrc.com
Old 05-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

gentlemen,

can somebody span the bulkheads on one of your 415's in an effort to give the spacing from the inside faces?

also, can anyone confirm that the new aluminum diff halves for the msx will be used on the evo-5?

thanks,

- doug griffin -
Old 05-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
gentlemen,

can somebody span the bulkheads on one of your 415's in an effort to give the spacing from the inside faces?

also, can anyone confirm that the new aluminum diff halves for the msx will be used on the evo-5?

thanks,

- doug griffin -

...just about 22mm inside face to face. About the diff halves, I have no clue.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

great, quick reply. many thanks, sir.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball

thanks,

- doug griffin -
Very doubtfull, unless the rear bulkheads are spaced different. The Evo4 ones dont fit for sure, so I would pretty much assume that the Evo5 ones wont either (bulkheads should be closer together, given the layout of a shaft car).
Then again, I could be wrong...

HiH
Ed
Old 05-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

I am in the process of buying a Tamiya 415-MS and was wondering (probably answered somewhere in this thread but there are just soooooo many pages to skim through) what parts I would need to upgrade it to an MSX? I know there is a kit but I heard it's impossible to find one? So my question is, is there a list of HOP UPs that can be added to make the MS spec an MSX?
Old 05-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just bought a MSX. I think the instructions say to drill out the arms where the hinge pins go with a 3mm drill bit. Is this correct. Is it necessary. The feel loose enough.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WRXTC
I am in the process of buying a Tamiya 415-MS and was wondering (probably answered somewhere in this thread but there are just soooooo many pages to skim through) what parts I would need to upgrade it to an MSX? I know there is a kit but I heard it's impossible to find one? So my question is, is there a list of HOP UPs that can be added to make the MS spec an MSX?
The primary difference is the front and rear bulkheads, and the upper graphite deck, they are completely different from the the MS. I am not sure if you can use the MS shock towers or steering bridge, at first glance I think you might, but i'm not sure. You can find the parts listed under Tamiya's website for the seperate part numbers. I converted my MS when the conversion kit first came out last year, and I couldn't be happier with the result. If you liked the MS you will love the MSX. Good Luck
Old 05-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PhatPat
I just bought a MSX. I think the instructions say to drill out the arms where the hinge pins go with a 3mm drill bit. Is this correct. Is it necessary. The feel loose enough.
As long as they are free moving when assembled, you will not need to drill them out.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tsquare
The primary difference is the front and rear bulkheads, and the upper graphite deck, they are completely different from the the MS. I am not sure if you can use the MS shock towers or steering bridge, at first glance I think you might, but i'm not sure. You can find the parts listed under Tamiya's website for the seperate part numbers. I converted my MS when the conversion kit first came out last year, and I couldn't be happier with the result. If you liked the MS you will love the MSX. Good Luck
add to the list : shock towers, aluminium layshaft retainer, rear bulkheads beam link, rear bulkheads part on which the top decks screws, steering posts, belt tensioner (with bearings), top steering bellcrank spacers.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

I just installed my upgrade kit, and I beleave the SIR guys can get another one for you. PM any of the following, and they can check for you if you want.

rchoudini
Difuser
tamiyarcracer
Old 05-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys,
Can I use a second direct drive center pulley (part #51060), instead of the center one-way pulley(part #51061)? I'm trying to lock up the drive train. I already have the spool for the front.

Last edited by kewdawg; 05-15-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

tamiya has a convertion kit from MS to MSX but do not know if it is still available now

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.