Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Has anyone ran a centre oneway with a front diff , for stock foam on carpet? if so did it do anything either way good or bad.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Has anyone been having more tweaking issues with the MSX Kit as compared to the MS converted car? I seem to be having to reset the top deck quite often, im wondering if the centre brace assists the chassis in keeping a tweak?
Mine seems fairly tweak free, at most all I have to do is slightly play around with ride height to even things out, but not drastically.

However would not know after last night's worth of driving, as during the night was replacing most of the standard steel screws with titanium ones.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone been having more tweaking issues with the MSX Kit as compared to the MS converted car? I seem to be having to reset the top deck quite often, im wondering if the centre brace assists the chassis in keeping a tweak?
Well I haven't had any earlier 415, but my MSX tweaks very easily!

I usually have to reset the top deck after each run, even if I haven't hit anything.

Though this depends upon the track - for some reason the car doesn't seem to tweak at all on the bumpiest track I race on
Old 03-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Mine's a MS convert... It does tweak but usually after a bad crash.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bender
Well I haven't had any earlier 415, but my MSX tweaks very easily!

I usually have to reset the top deck after each run, even if I haven't hit anything.

Though this depends upon the track - for some reason the car doesn't seem to tweak at all on the bumpiest track I race on
Anybody else got tweak problem ?
Old 03-16-2006, 02:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hey, What parts do I need to convert the 415 where I can use a front diff/spool? Do I need to replace the center one-way pulley? Can you give me the part #'s of it if possible? Thanks.

What belts can be used or are compatible with the 415? Is the Xray Fk'05's or T2's belt compatible with the 415? Or it's simply not compatible? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mason
53579 - steering arms
50986 - Ball connector (kingpin stud and bushing)

tamiya usa's site says they are in stock. Check your area's version of the tamiya website. just ask for the LUBE when they stick it to ya.

nobody else, here in the states, seems to have them.
can you READ ? He asked for someone in the UK. And there ain't no Tamiya USA in the UK, hell there isn't a proper distributor in the UK for tamiya.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ballsie
does any one have the 415 steering arms, both left and right that they would like to sell to me?

Cheers.
In Europe, you can get the parths here for a very reasonable price:
http://www.rc-sunshine.ch/

Stein
Old 03-16-2006, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

TWEAK : not had a single issue with my MSX regarding tweak. If the car's properly assembled and the screws tight it won't tweak, and the centre brace helps in the car not tweaking.

Oh and trust me i've hit plenty of stuff with it while trying to get a decent carpet setup (which i didn't manage to find unfortunately, went back to the good old standard 415 for carpet ).
Old 03-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default trf spares in the Uk

Try Demon power products in the uk if they have it in stock they will usally ship it next day.
link to website
Old 03-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, is this the center pulley which I can replace with my center one-way pulley to use a diff/spool at the front? http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=4865
Direct Center Pulley

Need help guys. Thanks

I'm planning to change to diff/spool because we run on cement tracks and most racers here advised not to use one-ways.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by csdspeed
Hey guys, is this the center pulley which I can replace with my center one-way pulley to use a diff/spool at the front? http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=4865
Direct Center Pulley

Need help guys. Thanks

I'm planning to change to diff/spool because we run on cement tracks and most racers here advised not to use one-ways.
csd...that is the right part.

As for the diff...If you are racing on rubber tires outdoors most would suggest using a spool or oneway diff up front. Only reason I would say use a front diff is on carpet running foams.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks. I'm planning to use a spool from titanium racing. At least I have 4 wheel braking like diffs have. And it can act like a diff and a one-way at the same time.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nexus
csd...that is the right part.

As for the diff...If you are racing on rubber tires outdoors most would suggest using a spool or oneway diff up front. Only reason I would say use a front diff is on carpet running foams.
Have to disagree, there are 5 or 6 of us at my club running outside on a proper asphalt circuit and we are using diffs in the front.
Unless the track is large with sweeping corners a one way is out.
Previous experience with spools put me off, tendency if the car hit anything you always ended up with somewhee in the drive train broken
Old 03-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

That's what I noticed on my tc3. I broke a cvd when I used spool at the front. But anyway, I'll just be careful in driving. Anyway, is there a front diff available for 415? I notice that the rear diff isn't the same with the front, so where can I find a diff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.