Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

is there a reason people use the Bumper by Square? they seem popular...
Old 03-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by noobie
is there a reason people use the Bumper by Square? they seem popular...
More steering
Old 03-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by csdspeed
Thanks for the help guys! Thanks also for the part numbers which I thought on acquiring but you gave them so no need anymore. For all your suggestions and tips, I'll take note of it. . All I need know is to choose whether to buy a new 415(w/c will bust my wallet ) or a used one.
a new 415 will cost you around 24K to 25K Philippine Peso its cheaper getting it either in Honkong or in Japan but problem is the shipping cost plus the tax that you will pay for said item
Old 03-13-2006, 02:44 AM
Tech Adept

Pretty close. The 415 MSX costs 23K Philippine Peso. And I found a used 415 for about $200 but I'll try to persuade him to sell it around $180. I'll just make sure that his car is still in good condition. If I buy a new one, I wouldn't be able to buy other R/C stuff like a discharger/equalizer w/c I don't have and some new battery packs.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know a quick way to get more mid-corner steering? I have great steering both in and out of corners but the car lacks very much of mid corner steer..
I run on carpet and rubbers (LRP VTEC 27 or Sorex 28R), MSX with LW susp, Oneway, Stratus 3 AP. I'll see if i can write down a complete setup sheet
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default Parts for sale

I got a super good deal on a bunch of left over 415 trd parts.
Here's a picture. $60.00 includes shipping. my ebay is rc_products 370 postives.

I know it's not a "For Sale" thread...just want to give you guys first crack.

My Email is [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-3-13-03-051-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-3-13-03-052-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-3-13-03-053-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-3-13-03-054-small-.jpg  
Old 03-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sparx
Does anyone know a quick way to get more mid-corner steering? I have great steering both in and out of corners but the car lacks very much of mid corner steer..
I run on carpet and rubbers (LRP VTEC 27 or Sorex 28R), MSX with LW susp, Oneway, Stratus 3 AP. I'll see if i can write down a complete setup sheet

You might want to try a long upper rear link with 1.5 camber front and rear...but it is hard to suggest anything without knowing the rest of your setup.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sparx
Agreed with martin, hard to suggest stuff without knowing the rest of the setup.
But have you tried some front arm sweep? I found B/A on the front to be really good the other week on high grip carpet with rubbers. Went from D/D to B/A (plus a few other changes) and the car was better, from entry to exit.

HiH
Ed
Old 03-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

hi anyonw here got reinards setup from the TITC?
Old 03-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noobie
hi anyonw here got reinards setup from the TITC?
The TRF guys had option parts on their cars, i attempted to use a version of their early setup but it didnt work too well on the std car, or maybe it was because i cant drive like them
Old 03-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can anyone suggest ways to handle a bumpy indoor track on Carpet with foams? Some of my setup (off the top of my head)

Front
Springs - AE Copper
Oil - 30wt AE 3 hole pist
Shock Position - Outside hole on arm, Second from outside on tower
Blocks - A-A (1mm spacers under both)
I cant remember the C1-C2 config, but the front axles are lower in the suspension....
Camber - 1
Castor - 4
Upper Link - ~3mm spacers on inside
Arms Central between blocks
Swaybar - Red
Droop - 3-4mm
Ride - 4.5mm
D pink orange

Rear
Springs - AE Red
Shock Postion - Outside hole on arm, third hole from outside on tower
Blocks - B-D (1mm spacers under both)
1 deg hubs (total 2 deg toe in)
Upper Link - Central hole in hub 1.5mm spacer on outside ball cup. 0 spacers on inside.
Camber - 1.5
No Swaybar
Droop - ~1mm
Ride - 4.5 ~ 5mm
D pink

Im running locked centre, Jergen front ball diff, loose belts, G6 body and its in stock class. Track is usually tight but has some speed parts, good combination, but its the bumps which are making the car really unpredictable. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try to make the car more user friendly over the bumps, while not loosing corner speed? I was matching times with the fast T2's at our local track, but wasnt as consistent. Thanks
Old 03-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by axle182
Can anyone suggest ways to handle a bumpy indoor track on Carpet with foams? Some of my setup (off the top of my head)

Front
Springs - AE Copper
Shock Position - Outside hole on arm, Second from outside on tower
Blocks - A-A (1mm spacers under both)
I cant remember the C1-C2 config, but the front axles are lower in the suspension....
Camber - 1
Castor - 4
Upper Link - ~3mm spacers on inside
Arms Central between blocks
Swaybar - Red
Droop - 3-4mm
Ride - 4.5mm
D pink orange

Rear
Springs - AE Red
Shock Postion - Outside hole on arm, third hole from outside on tower
Blocks - B-D (1mm spacers under both)
1 deg hubs (total 2 deg toe in)
Upper Link - Central hole in hub 1.5mm spacer on outside ball cup. 0 spacers on inside.
Camber - 1.5
No Swaybar
Droop - ~1mm
Ride - 4.5 ~ 5mm
D pink

Im running locked centre, Jergen front ball diff, loose belts, G6 body and its in stock class. Track is usually tight but has some speed parts, good combination, but its the bumps which are making the car really unpredictable. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try to make the car more user friendly over the bumps, while not loosing corner speed? I was matching times with the fast T2's at our local track, but wasnt as consistent. Thanks

First off your oil/spring combination don't seem right to me. Your oil is way too thin for the springs you're using. As an example, we'd use 60W/3 holes with tamiya white/blue on carpet. So what's probably happening is that your car's way underdamped. When it goes over a bump, it's not much affected by it, but then the wheel bounces off the track and you loose grip.

From your setup, all i'd change for a starter would be the oil, I'd go to 60W and see how it handles bumps. I'd also remove the front sway bar, no one uses them on carpet. Then see how the car goes, if when you go on a bump it sort of flies then you might want to try something intermediate (but i don't think it'll do it with 60W, I've used it on very bumpy tracks). You might also want to try to go one rate softer on springs if you're racing on a bumpy track.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Awesome thanks trf415boy. Ive got a second set of TRF shocks on another car with 60w oil and heavier springs which ill definately try. Ill swap the shocks and springs around. Ive found that it i go softer on the springs, the car is much less direct and a little lazy? at the moment the car is hard to drive and inconsistent, but its fast. Ive tried a few little changes, but the car gets slower. But i hadnt tried the oil change so ill be sure to try that tomorrow night. thanks
Old 03-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

the car's quite lazy on carpet with the front sway bar... Also heavier oil will make it more responsive so you'll probly be able to use softer springs.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
the car's quite lazy on carpet with the front sway bar... Also heavier oil will make it more responsive so you'll probly be able to use softer springs.
I think you mean heavier oil makes the car LESS responsive - more resistance = slower response. This is why you want to use heavier oil to better control the quicker rebound of the stiffer springs.

axle182, my only other suggestion would be to try running softer srpings all round and raising the roll centre. The softer springs will allow the car to handle the bumps a bit better but the raised roll centre will give you regain the roll resistance lost by running softer springs. However this is just my theory as I haven't never run on bumpy carpet before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.