Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Al75
Here is the new version of the Tech Racing MY02
http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/my02m.htm
Is that reminding me something ???
By the way it is much cheaper than a 415.

NOT to be rude but if you look a page or 2 back you will see this has been posted about 3 times or more now and its a conversion kit for the tech car for people that has already have the car ! NOT a full kit
Old 03-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Belt ???

Originally posted by LeoChan
My 415 use 12T motor play about 30packs battery ,
the Front belt will too long .

Have u tried retensioning the belt?
Old 03-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I broke the first thing on my 415 today. A front body post. hehe.. It was a low speed hit dead into a metal corner dot that was sticking up. The post was cut clean in half where the lower body pin holds down the foam bumper. Oh well, I have new ones...

Anyways, just been playing with setups and I finaly think I have my 415 handling as good as my Yok SD. More testing and tuning needs to be done though.

Question for you guys. On the setup sheets, they would call for like 2mm rebound stroke. Or 2.5mm... or 3mm. Anyways, I've always wondered how they came up with this measurement since it's not measure like droop? After reading the instruction booklet over and actually reading the small tuning guide... I was wondering... do they measure it by measuring how far the droop screw protrudes down from the arm? Like the stock setups calls for 1.5mm front and 3mm rear. So on say.. Surikarns setup.. it would be 2mm front and rear that the screw would be protruding underneath the arm?

Well let me go clean off the car and replace the body post....
Old 03-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
Well I broke the first thing on my 415 today. A front body post. hehe.. It was a low speed hit dead into a metal corner dot that was sticking up. The post was cut clean in half where the lower body pin holds down the foam bumper. Oh well, I have new ones...

Anyways, just been playing with setups and I finaly think I have my 415 handling as good as my Yok SD. More testing and tuning needs to be done though.

Question for you guys. On the setup sheets, they would call for like 2mm rebound stroke. Or 2.5mm... or 3mm. Anyways, I've always wondered how they came up with this measurement since it's not measure like droop? After reading the instruction booklet over and actually reading the small tuning guide... I was wondering... do they measure it by measuring how far the droop screw protrudes down from the arm? Like the stock setups calls for 1.5mm front and 3mm rear. So on say.. Surikarns setup.. it would be 2mm front and rear that the screw would be protruding underneath the arm?

Well let me go clean off the car and replace the body post....
I think what they do is set the ride height with a race ready car, then pull up on the shock tower untill the tires start to lift off the table. Then take the ride height when the suspension is at is maximum travel, then subtract the original ride height from the ride height at maximum travel.

Just in case this is hard to follow, lets say you have a ride height of 5mm eith everything in your car. You pull up on the shock tower (or lift the car with a hobby knife) untill the tires start to lift off the ground. Now it's at 8mm, so you subtract 5 from 8 and you get 3mm. And that is your rebound stroke. This is the way Difuser told me how to do it, and thats how I measure droop/or suspension travel ever since.

-Sushi Boy
Old 03-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's how I thought they did it before. Measure ride height. Then keep sliding the ride height gauge under til the tires lift up. Then subtract. But, I'm not sure now after reading the Manual. I'd just like a "true" clarification on the exact way they do it for the setups. So I dunno...
Old 03-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So is everyone abandoning the EVO III now that this car is out??
Old 03-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

here's a somewhat related question. when you keep pushing the ride height gauge, and the wheels start to come up....

how do you fix it if one of the tires come up first? i know this means the chassis is tweaked. and you need to play around with the shock collars and the tension on the springs, but how do you do it?

sorry rod, i know you showed me last time but i forgot. thanks for the help ahead of time.

race report: my 415 finished 1st in the B-main at the OC Circuit race this sunday. VERY HAPPY WITH THE CAR
Old 03-14-2004, 09:05 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Very good sushi boy
Old 03-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm selling my Suriakrn Edition Evo III so I can get some $$$ for the 415, but I still would run the car if I had enough money to just buy a 415. The Evo is an awesome car, I'm just kinda low on dough.

-Sushi Boy
Old 03-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Yes have this belt
my car total play 40packs battery but used 2 Front belts.
about few pack will change F belt .
Old 03-15-2004, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Arrow

Originally posted by D_Ames
So is everyone abandoning the EVO III now that this car is out??
nope not me i'm still gonna keep my EVO III and get me the 415 so that i'm will have the best of both worlds (shaft and belt Driven cars)
Old 03-15-2004, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by LeoChan
Yes have this belt
my car total play 40packs battery but used 2 Front belts.
about few pack will change F belt .
So you've already gne through 2 belts, and the third is on the way out???
Are they just stretching or are they breaking in the end??
Old 03-15-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Also on the tamiya setup sheets when you see the part about C1 and C2 front steering blocks does it mean right and left when you look at the front of the car or right and left from the back of the car looking forwards? Rick
Old 03-15-2004, 03:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Also on the tamiya setup sheets when you see the part about C1 and C2 front steering blocks does it mean right and left when you look at the front of the car or right and left from the back of the car looking forwards? Rick
I've always considered it as they way you look at it on the setup sheet, so this means look from the front of the car.....
Old 03-15-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Now used 2 belts coming next belt.
easy to long !
my friend use 23T motor same about 50pack battery will too long !
can't use !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.