Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cheers people for your help

Charles
Old 01-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

can someone help me to get those items the cheapest?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sushi Man
can someone help me to get those items the cheapest?
Here is what you do... Sell the 415 and buy something else. TC4s are cheap. Tamiya and cheap don't go in the same sentence. Might sound kinda harsh but its the truth all you ever post about is how broke you are and wanting stuff for nothing, you might seriously want to consider a different car.

But Speedtech usually has those type of parts.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

dude the trf 415 is as cheap as a tc4 to run if you know where to look
as long as you don't break the car each run you should only need a $100 of spare and replacement bits

knuckles, king pins,caster blocks, wishbones, carbide balls i use ceramic as the diff stays smother for longer. Springs Ti turnbuckles.

Just do continuous maintenance to the car and it should give you no grief.

Strip it down and rebuild it each week clean it make sure the hinge pins are in working order and not bent, and there is no grit or carpet fuzzin the hinge pin balls or in the bearings.

For the bearing soak them all in lighter fluid and take them some where safe and set fire to them then blast them out with motor cleaner and relube with light machine oil or trinitys royal oil. the burning burns out all the carpet fuzz that can get in to the bearings.

look at the stock lists of www.rc-champ.co.jp and www.rainbowten.co.jp in japan

also try

www.precision-rc.com

use xe.com to get the current exchange rate and price up the the bits you need plus postage.

I will note this sport is only as expensive as you make it.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Dude you are in a different country than I am... A arms cost between 10 and 12 dollars they are 5 for TC4 arms, not to mention you don't need to carry any spares for a domestic car because almost all shops carry parts for them. In the US you will spend twice as much to properly run and maintain a 415 than you will a TC4 not to mention the shipping you have to pay everytime you want a Tamiya Part. I love my tamiya cars but there is a price to pay and for a Kid that is just scraping by a 415 isn't the best choice. Between getting the parts and shipping them the diff parts for this Kid are going to cost more than I'm sure he wants to spend, If he had a domestic car he could go to the local hobby shop and drop 10 bucks and replace his entire diff.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

I am in England it is way more expensive to buy bits for cars here i have always had to buy from HK Japan and the US to run cars. They don't call this place rip off Britain for nothing, not if Gordon Brown has anything to do with it.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Smoking motor..
I am in England it is way more expensive to buy bits for cars here i have always had to buy from HK Japan and the US to run cars. They don't call this place rip off Britain for nothing, not if Gordon Brown has anything to do with it.
That is very true, why do you think jobs are going to China etc, it's because Britian is a rip off country

Charles
Old 01-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

I pay my wishbones about $6. I find that Tamiya is one of the cheapest brands to run, if you know where to buy stuff. Postage I have to pay it so whether it's for stuff from the US, Japan or HK don't matter, you just have to buy stuff in bigger orders.

Spares, maybe you can get away with not carrying them, but in the UK there's no way ou can do that. Trackside shops are not common, and when a shop comes to a race he don't carry all the brands so most of us carry our spares anyway.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Of course you guys in the UK pay the same for parts no matter what the brand but since assoc. is a US companies parts from the LHS are half the price of trying to order Tamiya parts. I've been doing this a long time and know that an assoc. car is the cheapest to buy parts for in the US out of all the major brands. Even Losi is getting rediculous.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You can add Australia to the list of countries where you pay a very high price for parts.

As an example:
Most Hong Kong retailers sell the 415 Suspension blocks for around US$10, even cheaper if you get them from rc champ in Japan.

I saw the same blocks at a local hobby shops last week - price AU$27 (about US$21)

Only XRay and Schumacher are well supported here, so if you own any other brands then you are forced to shop OS, yet even with shipping and other charges it still works out at least 35% cheaper compared to local prices.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GroffBall
Of course you guys in the UK pay the same for parts no matter what the brand but since assoc. is a US companies parts from the LHS are half the price of trying to order Tamiya parts. I've been doing this a long time and know that an assoc. car is the cheapest to buy parts for in the US out of all the major brands. Even Losi is getting rediculous.
Well if I can get wishbones for the 415 at $6, and TC4 wishbones are $5 in the US, I guess it makes the tamiya not that much more expensive than a TC4 to run, not to mention breakages don't happen very often...
Old 01-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Groffball all the assco bits are made in china by thunder tiger. That why there has been a lot of moulding problems with the kits due to long distance communication.
The reason why racer don't buy the tc4 in large quanity like they use to was that better quality cars have come out in the period that the tc3 was sold as it top line tc many tc3 guy went to the x-rays and pro 4 as they were better cars in terms of build quality and there was less messing around with taking slop out of the car and so on.
Don't get me wrong the more recent kits of the tc4 are world beaters but that was becuase alot of issue with the car have been solved.

All the tamiya stuff is made either in Japan or the Phlipphines or one of their subsiduaries (sp). The problem with Tamiya is the general support world wide as 92% of sale come from Japan.
The worldwide distributers are running on tight margins or don't know anything about the r/c side of the business take the hobby company UK for example. They will import the kits that sell well and make profit for example the rtr stuff and the entry level kits.
Hobby co can't justify selling a supporting the racing side to the level of the trf side of the company as the don't know how or they can't make any money out of it, as the amount of racers in the uk isn't as big as the Japanese market.
If you look at the part prices in US dollars for the 415 you will find them very low compared to kits such as the cyclone and hpi pro 4 or the x-ray.
Also the parts will fit a whole range of kits not just the 415 and the Evo4.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Any replies to my question? I'm just waiting for some seller from Japan on ebay to sell the part itself because I was able to by the bottom deck for the MSX/Refine 2 kit from RC Model a week ago & an ebay seller from Japan is already selling the kit parts (alum rear bulkheads, posts etc.). I pretty much have everything needed to fully convert my MSX conv to the Refine 2 specs & just build another 415 (std version) due to the excess parts I purchased in the past.

Any replies will be appreciated so I can keep an eye out for it.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Actually the original 415's is one of the most durable cars out there. Very tough! And arms for that are cheap. A complete set of all 4 hardened arms for $16. That's pretty good if you ask me. As for the LW cars, the arms are alittle more expensive. But another great deal and for spare parts is the LW upgrade kit. For just under $80 you can get everything for the suspension.. bearings, axles, bones, arms, caster blocks, front spindles, rear hubs, and some outter hinge pins. Great deal!! I guess having 3 cars that share the same suspension helps.. Blah blah blah...

Anyways... Gonna try out the R2 again this weekend on carpet. Got a setup to try. I'll see if I can't get any corner speed out of it.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Selling my car with all the parts plus alot of extra's for $360 go check it out in the forsale section...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.