Thought I'd add my testing result from tonight.
Went to West Bridgeford, which is a local track running on extremely high grip carpet.
Anyway, I started out with the MSX setup exactly as I have had before
, and then worked through three changes.
Firstly I moved the shocks in one hole on the lwt arms, from 2 to 3. Deffiently improved the car, seemed to get rid of some of the delayed reaction in the car.
so I kept that on and moved to the next change.
Given that I'm running the 2.5mm chassis, I decided to raise the roll centre back up too the original height of the 3mm chassis. All I can say is how stunned I am over the difference of putting 0.5mm shims under the suspension blocks and camber links, it truely transformed the car. It no longer felt reluctant to turn, but was compeletly alive, and willing to change direction... bloody fantastic! Deffiently made transitions easier, and I could turn later and harder going into the turns, whilst also getting quicker rotation
Final change I made was going from C-A to D-D on the front. Now this was an improvement in some respects, in that it calmed the front end of the car down, and allowed me to push on more consistantly (useful running dual 1-ways), however it did mean I now lacked some on-power steering. This was especially noticeable at the hairpin after a 90deg sweeper, where before I could just tip the car in almost full chat, but now it was reluctant to turn, needing a slight lift to get the weight transfered.
However given that it allowed me to be more consistant with the car, I'm willing to take that sacrifice, and try and find the steering in other changes (prob front Rc)
Have to say it was a really productive evening. I stuck to the plan I had for the changes (based on some comments from Dave Spashett), and only made thoose to the car... and it improved with every run. Not often that happens
Shame we only had 4 runs, as I would liked to have tried to claw back the On-Power steering... still, it's a good baseline to start from, roll on next week
One other thing I discovered though... I need new batts