Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Refine 2 kit is a complete car.
The MSX conversion is just the conversion parts.
HiH
Ed
Old 09-21-2005, 05:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Does $270 sound expensive for a few peices? What do you think? I wonder how much the Refine-2 kit will cost?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TRF415MSX

More pictures of the full MSX car kit from the Tokyo Hobby Show.

Nice to see that they have indeed updraded the diff.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AKARA
Does $270 sound expensive for a few peices? What do you think? I wonder how much the Refine-2 kit will cost?
Akara,

The $270 price is the MSRP that Tamiya have listed the kit for. I believe the conversion will come in well under $200 once we receive it.

Steve Wang
Old 09-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Steve,

I'll have to put in an order.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Steve,

It "will" work with the stock 415 chassis, right? Thanks~
Old 09-21-2005, 09:26 AM
RLS
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Spool vs. diff question guys,

- I'm running the 415 in Pro Stock on asphalt with the Yokomo front diff. Ive got the white low friction belts, solid center gear, delrin rear outdrives, otherwise all stock. The car is very easy to drive consistant lap times and tight lines, but I'm quite a bit off the pace of the local fast guys. I don't know what more I could do to free up the drivetrain, the car is well maintained with good motor and pretty decent batteries. My question is, in your experience, how much faster lap-time wise is a spool vs. a diff in the 415?

- Thanks in advance for your imput.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

looks like tamiya got some new rear outdrives,looks like a metal,titainium?
Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RLS
Spool vs. diff question guys,

- I'm running the 415 in Pro Stock on asphalt with the Yokomo front diff. Ive got the white low friction belts, solid center gear, delrin rear outdrives, otherwise all stock. The car is very easy to drive consistant lap times and tight lines, but I'm quite a bit off the pace of the local fast guys. I don't know what more I could do to free up the drivetrain, the car is well maintained with good motor and pretty decent batteries. My question is, in your experience, how much faster lap-time wise is a spool vs. a diff in the 415?

- Thanks in advance for your imput.
the spool would be better as i would be more direct,you lose a bit of turn in,but coming out itys a lot better,plus you always get a bit of slip with a diff
Old 09-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Maezumi special

Hi,

Why does Tamiya make all the cars MS, and not MR?
MS means Meazumi, and MR means Marc Reinhard.

Don't get me wrong, I like the MS cars but wouldn't we all like a world champ edition car?

Bue, Thomas
Old 09-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 840918001
Hi,

Why does Tamiya make all the cars MS, and not MR?
MS means Meazumi, and MR means Marc Reinhard.

Don't get me wrong, I like the MS cars but wouldn't we all like a world champ edition car?

Bue, Thomas
the 415ms is the closest tamiya have produced to the world winning car marc used.
what makes a car faster the name?
who cares what they call it
Old 09-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trf racer
the 415ms is the closest tamiya have produced to the world winning car marc used.
what makes a car faster the name?
who cares what they call it
Hi,

No it's not in the name, and the car looks absolutly killer!

But it would pay a sort of respect to the world champ!

Bye, Thomas
Old 09-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Finally, looks like tam have listened, and produced a diff that is adjustable from the outside and replacable blades (i think)

Also not the REALLY short turnbuckles gonna be good for roll bar link adjustment (noticed marc and david ran them at the euros), but what are thoose little 5x1.9 things there? spacers of some kind, but for what?

One other thing.... that brace that connects the tow rear bulkheads together, along with the top deck, looks like it also connects to the bottom plate.... errr does that mean we need to drill a hole in our chassis? or is this a MSX KIT only thing?

Name thing.... well the car was named MS before Marc was world champ... admitadly they could have called this one MR... but thats a little too close. Plus I would it's a respect thing for Mazeumi and all his loyal service... hey he's had three cars now... 415MS, evo4MS, 415MSX ... evo4 MSX?

But quite right... the name doesn't make it faster

Later
Ed
Old 09-21-2005, 01:08 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Finally, looks like tam have listened, and produced a diff that is adjustable from the outside and replacable blades (i think)

Also not the REALLY short turnbuckles gonna be good for roll bar link adjustment (noticed marc and david ran them at the euros), but what are thoose little 5x1.9 things there? spacers of some kind, but for what?

One other thing.... that brace that connects the tow rear bulkheads together, along with the top deck, looks like it also connects to the bottom plate.... errr does that mean we need to drill a hole in our chassis? or is this a MSX KIT only thing?

Name thing.... well the car was named MS before Marc was world champ... admitadly they could have called this one MR... but thats a little too close. Plus I would it's a respect thing for Mazeumi and all his loyal service... hey he's had three cars now... 415MS, evo4MS, 415MSX ... evo4 MSX?

But quite right... the name doesn't make it faster

Later
Ed
Regarding the new diff this looks very close to the latest version of the aluminium diff from Jürgen and yes itīs using blades also. Even the special diffscrew looks the same. But finally they noticed the diff should be improved.

The brace that connects the two rear bulkheads really seems connecting to the chassis also but you canīt see exactly on that picture. I had a look at the MSX prototyp car from the Reedy Race and there was not such connection. But if you look at the picture with the MSX kit chassis above this one has an additional hole right at the cutout for the second cell from rear. This would be the position below the brace. The original 415 3mm chassis and the 415 MS chassis both donīt have that hole. So yes you have to drill this hole if really needed.
Maybe Tamiya noticed there could be a very high force at the bulkheads during an impact and added this.
If you compare with the Cyclone with similar style bulkheads you can see they donīt have that brace and also no connection to the chassis.
The Cyclone also is a very nice car but that right rear bulkhead on that position looks a little weak to me.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

New chassis in those pics with better motor cooling.

Spacers are to go between the bearings in the hubs to prevent crush IIRC.

MSX conversion kit for the 415 will probably not include the little bar that goes down to the lower chassis and will just be a - not a T.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.