Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would assume that it could be used with both, just like you can use the std front end and lwt rear (not that i've tried, but theres no reason as to why it wouldn't work).

Probably see most benifit from using it with the lwt suspension front, i would expect.

Still waiting for it to come up at speedtech...

Ed
Old 05-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by David J.
Photos and set-up information are on the Tamiya USA web site now.

Here's one of the photos off our site.
Man I can"t wait to try this out on my EVO4 MS .. the quality looks second to none
-Dave
Old 05-04-2005, 06:32 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Man I can"t wait to try this out on my EVO4 MS .. the quality looks second to none
-Dave
I'm sure it is killer. Wish Tamiya would of had more setup stuff for the EVO like the 415. I'm almost ready to run my 415. Is it Friday yet.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by littleZEN
DJ...what about a pro-module front suspension?? Or is that just not possible?
Actually, the Pro-Module Front system is in development. In fact, it's pretty much done design wise but still requires testing so if it's released, it won't be right away.

TryHard-
As rtypec mentioned, the toe is 0 deg. and the bearing size is 5X9mm. Also, your right, the Pro-Module Front version has enough driveshaft clearance. It's the steering of the front tires that made it a little more difficult.

mr_postman-
The suspension can be used with the original 415 front suspension but it was intended to be used with the lightweight reversable type found on the Evo IV, Evo IV MS and 415MS so I don't know how well it would work but it will work.

JDM_DOHC_SiR and wyd-
My Evo IV/Evo IVMS set-up should be posted on the Tamiya site very soon as well.

Last edited by David J.; 05-04-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Actually, the Pro-Module Front system is in development. In fact, it's pretty much done design wise but still requires testing so if it's released, it won't be right away.

JDM_DOHC_SiR and wyd-
My Evo IV/Evo IVMS set-up should be posted on the Tamiya site very soon as well.
Thank you David
Old 05-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: PMRS

Originally posted by mr_postman
Is the "Pro-Module Rear Suspension" for use with the 415MS only, or can it be used with a "stock" TRF415 suspension also. Sorry for the silly question.

TC

CoBroRa/TAOB
Hey big bro.... If you like my set-up when you try it, we can get the indivudal parts from Speedtech to convert your front end to a light weight suspension. Or....... wait until Mr. Jun finishes the front system.

David Jun - will the results be similar with the 3.0mm chassis as the 2.5mm MS chassis ? Thanks-
Old 05-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The quality does look amazing. From the description that David gave on how it'll help handling... it does seem that it would help a lot on my track. I'll have to have a think about whether I get it or not, as it is quite expensive.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: PMRS

Originally posted by Kevin CBR
David Jun - will the results be similar with the 3.0mm chassis as the 2.5mm MS chassis ? Thanks-
There will be a small difference because your static roll center will be ever so slightly higher (less than the .5mm chassis difference), the chassis CG will be .5mm higher though and the 3.0 chassis is also a little stiffer. Will it be noticable when you drive? It might under medium to low grip conditions but mostly because of the stiffer chassis. (one more thing: If your tracks grip condition is very good, the 3.0mm chassis could acually work better)

BTW, for everyone that intends to use my set-up as a base line, if your track conditions are medium to low grip and the car slides too much because of it. Try lowering the inside upper links evenly 1mm (front and rear). This should improve grip under less than ideal conditions.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't wait to try it out! My only concern is the price of replacement arms should I need any. When are those going to be available?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks David. Great to have you on here. The new suspension is very interesting. Once I run my car a few times I will then decide what I need to do to make it better. I'm going to run it pretty much stock and see what it does on the asphalt. The stock suspension is really nice since it is very strong.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I can't wait to try it out! My only concern is the price of replacement arms should I need any. When are those going to be available?
Spare arms and hubs are also available now. MSRP for each is $19.99 and they are strong dispite their light weight. Also, they are almost impossible to wear out unless you do manage to bend one. rtypec has done a lot of testing with me and we have yet to bend one but we haven't been intentionally trying either. Although, rtypec has done some fine impersonations of Mary Lou Retton getting it wrong though the "kink" as well as down the straight away last week. Delaminated his chassis and bent his hinge pins on that one but the suspension was fine.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Spare arms and hubs are also available now. MSRP for each is $19.99 and they are strong dispite their light weight. Also, they are almost impossible to wear out unless you do manage to bend one. rtypec has done a lot of testing with me and we have yet to bend one but we haven't been intentionally trying either. Although, rtypec has done some fine impersonations of Mary Lou Retton getting it wrong though the "kink" as well as down the straight away last week. Delaminated his chassis and bent his hinge pins on that one but the suspension was fine.
Looks to be pretty strong then... David would you happen to know the weight between the PMS and the light weight 415 sus.??
thanks
-Dave
Old 05-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Okay... don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but is this a Tamiya worldwide part... or only a Tamiya USA part?? Basically... will this be available worldwide and legal for TCS, things like that?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 415 Suspension Systems

Thanks to David for posting all this info.

I'm curious now with the availability of 3 different suspension systems, is it possible to post a guide as to which suspension to use for a given track surface/condition?

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 05-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

David send a set up to Seattle to Kevin Michellich if you need the durability testing. He has a Major in Tamiya parts durability. I think the vid in Japan @ corporate is of one of his cars in an encounter with the wall......

Had any interesting canyon runs lately? The Z is dong real nice power wheelies again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.