Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 03-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What's the problem?? I'm gonna be buyin a MS kit soon and from what I've heard, they are just awesome. The results speak for themselves also.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This car requires so many odd parts from other cars. None it is seems to go together well, I have more shims to get rid of slop on this car........

I love it, but it is very frustrating. Day after the cartpet nats, on Ebay.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've had the regular 415 and now I have the MS. Car handles great and it's quick but the slightest tap into the boards and the 'light weight' arms explode/shatter..really quite frustrating. Can't wait for Xray's more durable version of this car!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Funny thing here is alot of people are saying the 415MS is not good for carpet. But we have a local here who just ripps with it. The car has tons of corner speed in both stock and 19t class. More so than the other cars. So it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. I will say however that it is very tweak prone if you tap a board. So you must loosen the top deck and flatten the chassis back. The main weak points I have found are the aluminum turnbuckles. We have broken many of those. So we just switched to some Lunsford Ti ones. The aluminum ball studs. I switched to the uhh,, uhh ball connector nut style. And another problem is the suspension mount moving a hair if you tap a board. Thats all I can think of. This may be an inconvenience for some. But most would say, "don't wreck" or "stay off the boards" hehe...
Old 03-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by raffaelli
This car requires so many odd parts from other cars. None it is seems to go together well, I have more shims to get rid of slop on this car........

are you gettin the RDX bug too
Old 03-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 415

They car has a little slop but it isnt that bad. I raced for the 1st time in 3 years today have never used a one way and I qualified 3rd in the A main. This is truly one of the fastest best handling kits I have had the pleasure to race. I also ended up with the fastest single lap for the day. I assume it will only get better as I learn the nuances of the car its self.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dawgmeat
are you gettin the RDX bug too
Hey Stan....I am getting a bug for anything else. I will probably sit tight with this car through the nats. Then get rid of it. I will pick up something for the blacktop then another one in October for the carpet.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: 415

Originally posted by Ill Factor
They car has a little slop but it isnt that bad. I raced for the 1st time in 3 years today have never used a one way and I qualified 3rd in the A main. This is truly one of the fastest best handling kits I have had the pleasure to race. I also ended up with the fastest single lap for the day. I assume it will only get better as I learn the nuances of the car its self.
But Raffaelli runs on carpet like I do it does take some work to get it there, I'm not getting rid of my 415 because I will be racing outdoor and the 415 was design for that
Old 03-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just rebuilt my 415 I got second hand yesterday. I noticed that the front one way diff seems to have a little bit of slop in it, not huge but noticable. Is this a common thing for the diff or do I need to get some spacers to stop the slop?
Old 03-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

What parts are required on this car that are not Tamiya other than a front diff? I run on carpet with foams and my only complaint is that i need a diff and Tamyia doesn't supply one so I bought the Aluminum diff fron Jurgen.

If the car was built correctly, the only slop you will find is in the steering but that is easily corrected with 2 small shims. Even if left alone, the slop is nothing that would negatively effect how the car handles.

There are tons of setups on this thread to get the car working good in any condition. The only real complaint that I can see is that the car can be more difficult to setup than other cars because of all of the tuning options but that cannot be blamed on the car, that's more of the end user.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default 415

I run the stock 415 with ms towers and a-arms and love it ..my local track had every car you can think of last year hell I ran A speedmind but this year there was 4 tamiyas 1 Xray and a tc3 in the main top 4 were the 415's and 1 evo-4..The car runs! just my 2cents....
Old 03-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by koabich
What parts are required on this car that are not Tamiya other than a front diff? I run on carpet with foams and my only complaint is that i need a diff and Tamyia doesn't supply one so I bought the Aluminum diff fron Jurgen.

If the car was built correctly, the only slop you will find is in the steering but that is easily corrected with 2 small shims. Even if left alone, the slop is nothing that would negatively effect how the car handles.

There are tons of setups on this thread to get the car working good in any condition. The only real complaint that I can see is that the car can be more difficult to setup than other cars because of all of the tuning options but that cannot be blamed on the car, that's more of the end user.
You can say what you'd like...but for example....the 1 degree rear hubs.....5 shims on each to keep the axles from sliding in and out.......silly.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

You can say what you'd like...but for example....the 1 degree rear hubs.....5 shims on each to keep the axles from sliding in and out.......silly.
you must be the only with that problem
Old 03-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Guess I must be. I had to take the shims from my Mugen clutches to get ti right.

Hey Stan...how much money you have into it to get it to work?

Good luck guys, I am done with this car.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default No Shims

Come on Rafaelli, this car works very well. I sense an underlying tone of recent losses to a different brand which could be causing your frustration with the car.

I've raced this car 4 times now, and practiced a few days, and it's got a record of 3 wins and a second in Sportsman at So Cal raceway. That class contains some pretty good talent. Mine is a MS with box stock setup!

I just took the box stock setup off, and installed the 0 deg rear hubs, and did a few other things, and I had 0 washers keeping the stock rear hubs from moving in and out, no problems at all.

The only weak spot on this that I have found is the hub bearings. When I pulled everything apart today, one of them was crunchy, still not that bad.

Go buy brand X car that is beating you, I'm sure you will feel better.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.