Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 02-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I definately like the pink shrink wrap for +, nice idea when using all the same color wires.
Neat and user friendly thats how I like it
Old 02-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by TRF Drive Hard
Clean layout, very nice... NICE ESC TOO!
Thanks...ESC is sweet
Old 02-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Default 415 Carpet/foam setup

Hello guys. Sorry for the delay but here is my 415 Carpet setup. For all you guys running a 415 MS on carpet, I am sorry for you...you are running the wrong car for carpet racing and this setup will not work!!!

There is no trick stuff done to the car...stuff like lowering the steering bellcranks or turning the suspension mounts upside down. I believe that if you have to do that to correct a handling problem or get more steering or whatever then you don't have the correct set-up to begin with.

My car is a basically stock 415 with the following modifications:
-Jurgen front diff (Must...I have seen cars with the Yokomo diff and I can honestly say it is not as good as the jurgen aluminum diff)
-Locked layshaft pulley
-I have super glued 2 top decks together for added stiffness. The car really seemed to like this. IMO the 1 top dock adds almost no stiffness flexing left to right but the 2 top decks together are incredibly stiff.

The rest of the modifications don't really matter as the diff and locked pulley are an absolute must...Heat Sink beam, Heat Sink bulkhead, titanium screws and tie rods, aluminum dog bones up front...

The track I race on is very smooth, very high traction and very tight. The set-up I posted works extremely well and the car rotates great. I have to warn you, I like aggressive cars and a ton of steering...this setup had too much steering for me but some minor tweaks can easily be made to correct the issue...better to have too much than not enough
I have only run this in stock but I would bet the car that this would be a perfect setup for me in mod...the steering would be perfect.
I am a firm believer in sway bars all the way around...in theory, the car turns flatter so I use them at all times on carpet and I am more consistant with them.

The car with this setup is exactly 189mm so it is race legal.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
415 stock small.pdf (119.2 KB, 215 views)
Old 02-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

I'll give your setup a try. I like it. No funky stuff, like upside down blocks, blocks from cars of yesteryears, etc. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Re: 415 Carpet/foam setup

Originally posted by koabich
Hello guys. Sorry for the delay but here is my 415 Carpet setup. For all you guys running a 415 MS on carpet, I am sorry for you...you are running the wrong car for carpet racing and this setup will not work!!!

There is no trick stuff done to the car...stuff like lowering the steering bellcranks or turning the suspension mounts upside down. I believe that if you have to do that to correct a handling problem or get more steering or whatever then you don't have the correct set-up to begin with.

-Jurgen front diff (Must...I have seen cars with the Yokomo diff and I can honestly say it is not as good as the jurgen aluminum diff)
-Locked layshaft pulley
-I have super glued 2 top decks together for added stiffness. The car really seemed to like this. IMO the 1 top dock adds almost no stiffness flexing left to right but the 2 top decks together are incredibly stiff.

The rest of the modifications don't really matter as the diff and locked pulley are an absolute must...Heat Sink beam, Heat Sink bulkhead, titanium screws and tie rods, aluminum dog bones up front...

The track I race on is very smooth, very high traction and very tight. The set-up I posted works extremely well and the car rotates great. I have to warn you, I like aggressive cars and a ton of steering...this setup had too much steering for me but some minor tweaks can easily be made to correct the issue...better to have too much than not enough
I have only run this in stock but I would bet the car that this would be a perfect setup for me in mod...the steering would be perfect.
I am a firm believer in sway bars all the way around...in theory, the car turns flatter so I use them at all times on carpet and I am more consistant with them.

where did u get the ti screws from ?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: 415 Carpet/foam setup

Originally posted by Customworksking
where did u get the ti screws from ?
I bought a set from Speedtech but I didn't like the quality. Thet were more of a grey color than silver and the heads and stuff were off center. So I bought all new Tamiya Ti screws.

Check out this link...the best place I have found to buy Tamiya stuff. The best prices and the cheapest shipping.They sell the amiya Ti screws 6 to a pack andd it's like $3.75 per pack. Top quality stuff.

walawala
Old 02-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by forty6
I'll give your setup a try. I like it. No funky stuff, like upside down blocks, blocks from cars of yesteryears, etc. Thanks.
Yeah...like I said...if you need to do that stuff you don't have the correct setup to begin with. And if the car needs stuff done to it that wasn't in the original design...get a new car!

On this setup, if the car has too much steering for you, remove the rear sway bar. That's basically all I have been doing to the set-up...messing with the sway bars depending on the track layout.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Flipping the blocks and stuff just gives you more tuning options, I consider it a good thing.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: 415 Carpet/foam setup

I bought a set from Speedtech but I didn't like the quality. Thet were more of a grey color than silver and the heads and stuff were off center. So I bought all new Tamiya Ti screws.

Check out this link...the best place I have found to buy Tamiya stuff. The best prices and the cheapest shipping.They sell the amiya Ti screws 6 to a pack andd it's like $3.75 per pack. Top quality stuff.

walawala
I get all my tamiya needs from him... i bought a bunch of ti screws and blue aluminum screws... of course i slapped the blue in my 415
Old 02-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: 415 Carpet/foam setup

koabich,

That's the first I heard of this issue, if you like, you can send them back to me and let me take a look and we can send you out some new ones.

Tamiya Ti screws, Yokomo, and Square, and ours are all from the same OEM source...so in essence, you're buying the same screws

Steve Wang
Old 02-10-2005, 11:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thats what I thought, didnt know you could get higher quality from one person over the other as far as the ti screws went..
Old 02-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

well, there's definately a difference between SpeedTech Ti screws and Tamiya Ti screws. I'm using Speedtech's Ti screws on my 415. Just picked up a pack of Tamiya Ti screw kit for my Evo4, and they are different. Tamiya screws have tighter hex (my 2mm TRF wrench fits them really nice and tight), and they are lighter in color then SpeedTech's. Lastly, Tamiya screws have smaller head on flat head screws, so they fit flush with the chassis bottom, where as SpeedTech's screws don't quite fit flush.

Perhaps Tamiya isn't using the same OEM anymore? Tamiya screws cost more then Speedtech's. And I didn't think Tamiya made a screw 'pack' for 415 like they did with Evo4.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by razzo
well, there's definately a difference between SpeedTech Ti screws and Tamiya Ti screws. I'm using Speedtech's Ti screws on my 415. Just picked up a pack of Tamiya Ti screw kit for my Evo4, and they are different. Tamiya screws have tighter hex (my 2mm TRF wrench fits them really nice and tight), and they are lighter in color then SpeedTech's. Lastly, Tamiya screws have smaller head on flat head screws, so they fit flush with the chassis bottom, where as SpeedTech's screws don't quite fit flush.

Perhaps Tamiya isn't using the same OEM anymore? Tamiya screws cost more then Speedtech's. And I didn't think Tamiya made a screw 'pack' for 415 like they did with Evo4.
razzo,

I'm sorry, I should've been more clear. I was referring to the more "grayish" look screws that koabich was posting about. The new style Ti-screw we have are now brighter finish which is the look that majority of the customer prefer and that we have request the manufacture to do. Screw packs are made by us, we did the screw count and put together these kits at a lower price. Perhaps Tamiya isn't using the same OEM anymore, that's something internal that they might have changed, however Tamiya screws cost more simply because...well, they are Tamiya

Steve Wang
Old 02-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Tamiya doesnt make a screw set for the 415, i just bought the sizes i needed... it averaged 40-50 bucks for what i needed... same as the evo4 set...
Old 02-11-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Re: 415 Carpet/foam setup

-Locked layshaft pulley

Koabich, I would have to say I totally DISagree with you later comment how someones setup is the wrong setup, just because you think it is different, or extreme. Let me explain.
We raced our regionals last saturday, I ran my 415 in stock. Now, I am a mpretty darn good driver consistent and clean, and there are stars out there that are brighter, driving cleaner, faster, and more consistent. The end result is they are going faster. Now, you say how do you squeeze the little bit more out of your generic setup, when you have tried mostly everything else. You go outside of the box! I am not saying that I agree with some of the stuff I have seen, but dont condemn it before it is track proven. I do like the double upper deck of yours, trying to get someone, that has three letters in their name to make one. But, I have tried and true, made my car faster every attempt I have used it. I have done some ackerman adjustments, servo mod's, frt diff, CVD's, locked center, MS towers, and other little doo-dads. So, please just because someone is trying something different, it may not be a bad thing., My car is the fastest, it has been yet. I think I can squeeze a little more from my car, but a little more out of the box thinking will have to be done.

Please dont take offense to this, I am just stating my experience's. Thanks for the setup, though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.