Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 01-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

....also, anyone ever heard of TriFlow? If so, where can I get some around here?
Old 01-05-2005, 10:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
While we are on bearings I'd like to find out where I can get some hub bearings and how much. One is starting to get gritty.
I know Acer has the right size. Since you're in SoCal, you can just cruise over to Tamiya and get the stock ones if nobody has them in stock right now.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Have you compared them to like Boca or Acers ceramics? How much did the set run?
I tried Acer but their bearing came with rubber seal that could rub against the shim between the bearing and the wheel hex. The RC4Less bearings also are of a better grade. Never tried Boca so I don't know. I don't remember how much was the set but it was $100 or less.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

While we are on bearings I'd like to find out where I can get some hub bearings and how much. One is starting to get gritty.
Tamiya sell a replacement bag of 4 (51090) for 700 yen or roughly $7.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I tried Acer but their bearing came with rubber seal that could rub against the shim between the bearing and the wheel hex. The RC4Less bearings also are of a better grade. Never tried Boca so I don't know. I don't remember how much was the set but it was $100 or less.
Thats not too bad, are they a steel seal, or teflon? I dont like the rubber shields on the Acer bearings just because they cause so much drag on the inner race.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Thats not too bad, are they a steel seal, or teflon? I dont like the rubber shields on the Acer bearings just because they cause so much drag on the inner race.
They are metal sealed Randy. The bearing are great but I'd buy them from RC4Less just beacause Bruce is great to work with.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

For replacment bearings, you guys can check out our Replacement Bearings section in The Racer's Corner

Also, for those that are looking for ceramic bearings, we have several Ceramic Bearing kits available, which are OEM Yokomo ceramic bearings. I've been running the ceramics on my TRF415, especially for the wheel hub bearings. Dave Jun over at Tamiya suggest tighter tolerance bearings in order to reduce some of the slop in the hub carrier

by the way, Randy, I did not see patrick on Saturday. I'll be there again this Saturday, let me know if you or Patrick is going to be there

Steve Wang
Old 01-06-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

fpart: Yes I'm running a 415. Purchased an old one just before the Worlds. You know me, I like to be different. Way too many xrays in our area and I'm always partial to Tamiya's.

Since I started running the car, I've gottten 4 other guys onto the car. I even force Raul to dump that Schumacjer of his and get a 415 after opening a can of woop ass on him the first night out with my car.

If you need set-up tips. send me an e-mail. I will be at South Shore this Sunday

No, I have no clue who you are...
Old 01-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Arun is looking good at Novak race...................
415 with Hypercells and EA motorsports
running 12.6 on 19T yesterday
today we may see some low 12!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally posted by fpart
Hey John tag....You know me! Im from Delran. I was at DC this weekend(Sunday) with my XRAY. Now I want a Tamiya because I got beat by a Tamiya wannabe(Yokomo: Jason)
Ya coming to DC sat., The house should be full. New lay out should be good.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default 415 Front Diff???

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

For replacment bearings, you guys can check out our Replacement Bearings section in The Racer's Corner

Also, for those that are looking for ceramic bearings, we have several Ceramic Bearing kits available, which are OEM Yokomo ceramic bearings. I've been running the ceramics on my TRF415, especially for the wheel hub bearings. Dave Jun over at Tamiya suggest tighter tolerance bearings in order to reduce some of the slop in the hub carrier

by the way, Randy, I did not see patrick on Saturday. I'll be there again this Saturday, let me know if you or Patrick is going to be there

Steve Wang
Steve,

Have you been able to find an aftermarket diff that is made for the 415?

Thanks,

Apex
Old 01-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Speaking of bearings, I received a spray lubricant for bearings from the Tamiya worlds. The stuff looks and is very light, haven't run the car yet to see if the oil breaks down.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kumpol
Arun is looking good at Novak race...................
415 with Hypercells and EA motorsports
running 12.6 on 19T yesterday
today we may see some low 12!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are there and see Arun, tell him Neil said hi.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by jeffreylin
They are metal sealed Randy. The bearing are great but I'd buy them from RC4Less just beacause Bruce is great to work with.
I'll contact him and see what the price is. Thanks Jeffrey
Old 01-06-2005, 09:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Steve Wang
Hey Steve, I hadn't ordered your ceramics because I thought they were Squat Dry bearings which I have had bad luck with, I have heard the Yokomo's are very high quality though, I'll propably just go with those.

Patrick blew out last weekend, but he should be there this Sat, I'm gonna keep the delrin outdrives for spares, but if I can just exchange the C-Hub for Spindles, that would be great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.