Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Did Tamiya just win another championship? Gotta love the T-boyz!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 03:05 PM
V12
Tech Elite

I just have come back from a stock regionals race. To be correct first race with my TRF 415. Went really well with 2nd place on the grid, 2nd place overall and winning the 3rd and fastest of the A-mains. Not too bad for the first time I think.
But now I have to read all the posts here I was missing the last two days.

Most important, Marc is worldchampion with his 415.
I think everybody is crazy here for this one. We all did know he is superfast and could beat the best drivers on a good day. But I think absolutely nobody really did think he will be the new worldchampion as drivers like Masami, Hara and Surikarn would be the choice for most.
So congratulations for Marc and the Tamiya/Orion team for this impressive performance. I really would have liked being at the worlds track.

Do you guys remember my posting some days ago when I asked what colour would be a TRF 415 Marc Rheinard edition?
Ha, I also really never thought this would happen but now it really has happened.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V12
I just have come back from a stock regionals race. To be correct first race with my TRF 415. Went really well with 2nd place on the grid, 2nd place overall
Same here bro! 1st race with the 415 & nabbed 2nd in Sportsman Stock (above Novice but below Expert) Led the 1st half of my main but the the guy in second was ripping off some expert stock quality lap times and got around me. Won a new body shell out of the deal though

Had a constant push ALL day though. I ordered an A bridge block to toe out the front arms but was sent the wrong block
Old 10-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Ball Diff

I am running an Evo IV and would like to purchase a 415. Only way I'll buy it is if there is a cheap way to make a front ball diff. I have herd you can do it with yokomo or Hpi parts. Any sugestions would be apreciated.
Thanks,
Rich
Old 10-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Front diff

Does the trf 415 come with a one way or ball diff in the front? If it does come with a one way can you buy a ball diff? Thanks
Old 10-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Front diff

Originally posted by Ginsu
Does the trf 415 come with a one way or ball diff in the front? If it does come with a one way can you buy a ball diff? Thanks
Ginsu,

The 415 comes with a frt oneway and center pulley oneways.There's no Tamiya option frt diff for it right now.Some of the guys uses yokomo parts to make one.Scroll a few pages back or so...there's part # for them to make one.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Come on guys is there really nobody with pictures from Marc in the pits or at the technical inspection to see his real race car not that show one? The body is right one.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Does the 415 come with any battery holder or only way to secure the battery is by using glass-tape?
Old 11-01-2004, 12:58 AM
T-man

I use the Xray 6 cell carbon batteryholder (productnumber 306160). This works just fine. I ditched tape because it never holds firmly and it wrecked 3 Fuku packs over the last period.

Old 11-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

The standard chassis does not come with a battery holder.

The optional stick pack chassis does, but then that's for stick pack users only.

Originally posted by SNAIL MAN
Does the 415 come with any battery holder or only way to secure the battery is by using glass-tape?
Old 11-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V12
I just have come back from a stock regionals race. To be correct first race with my TRF 415. Went really well with 2nd place on the grid, 2nd place overall and winning the 3rd and fastest of the A-mains. Not too bad for the first time I think.
But now I have to read all the posts here I was missing the last two days.

Most important, Marc is worldchampion with his 415.
I think everybody is crazy here for this one. We all did know he is superfast and could beat the best drivers on a good day. But I think absolutely nobody really did think he will be the new worldchampion as drivers like Masami, Hara and Surikarn would be the choice for most.
So congratulations for Marc and the Tamiya/Orion team for this impressive performance. I really would have liked being at the worlds track.

Do you guys remember my posting some days ago when I asked what colour would be a TRF 415 Marc Rheinard edition?
Ha, I also really never thought this would happen but now it really has happened.
Hey, V12 - long time since we spoke

How do you like your 415 in comparison to the EVO III?

Work, my 710, a girlfriend or two , has meant that my 415 is still waiting to be driven

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:37 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
Hey, V12 - long time since we spoke

How do you like your 415 in comparison to the EVO III?

Work, my 710, a girlfriend or two , has meant that my 415 is still waiting to be driven

Cheers, Mark.
Hi Mark how your doing? Did send you a PM at the German forum.

Hmm, there a good and bad things with the 415. I like it very much on the track. I have been at a track I know very well two weeks ago for testing. With stock motors I had exactly the same laptimes with both cars. But with the 415 I was able for faster laptimes right in the beginning of a run. With the EVO3 I usually need 2 or 3 laps. Also laptimes were much more consistent with the 415. Regarding handling I think itīs easier using a lot of steering with the 415 as itīs with the EVO3. Also in the end I didnīt have to use a front rollbar with the 415 which is far better regarding handling but I never had this working with the EVO3.
I have to say I just have about 30 runs now with the 415 including the last weekend race. And itīs only on carpet with CS27 tires.
Bad thing is working on the 415 is a pain. Especially in compare to the EVO3. Changing a rear diff needs about 1 or 2 minutes with the EVO. Dontīknow eaxtly but itīs very long with the 415. At the race I had problems with the front belt. We had just 4 qualifiers with 2 to count and I lost 2 of them because of the frontbelt. One time the belt was twisting and was on the wrong side then. In the last qualifier which had been fast enough for TQ the frontbelt broke. Changing the belt needed more than one hour as it needs a nearly complete stripdown of the car. I didnīt have any spare with me as they didnīt arrive before the race but one of the other guys had a white frontbelt for me.
I think I will stay with the 415 but I think I have to do some things for the future.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thanks chrisman.......
Old 11-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by MIKA
Just some thought!!!

How many of you do think that Surikarn was not giving a chance to race the 415. I remenber I read someway that Surikarn did prefer the belt drive more than the shaft drive.
According to my source at Tamiya, Surikarn was running the 415 during the pre-worlds (he also had an EVO 4 with him) He was running the 415 until Dave Jun was on the track with him and actually made up time on him every lap. Then he switched to the EVO4 and was doing faster lap times, so he went with the EVO4 for the Worlds.

Steve Wang
Old 11-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by V12
Hi Mark how your doing? Did send you a PM at the German forum.

Hmm, there a good and bad things with the 415. I like it very much on the track. I have been at a track I know very well two weeks ago for testing. With stock motors I had exactly the same laptimes with both cars. But with the 415 I was able for faster laptimes right in the beginning of a run. With the EVO3 I usually need 2 or 3 laps. Also laptimes were much more consistent with the 415. Regarding handling I think itīs easier using a lot of steering with the 415 as itīs with the EVO3. Also in the end I didnīt have to use a front rollbar with the 415 which is far better regarding handling but I never had this working with the EVO3.
I have to say I just have about 30 runs now with the 415 including the last weekend race. And itīs only on carpet with CS27 tires.
Bad thing is working on the 415 is a pain. Especially in compare to the EVO3. Changing a rear diff needs about 1 or 2 minutes with the EVO. Dontīknow eaxtly but itīs very long with the 415. At the race I had problems with the front belt. We had just 4 qualifiers with 2 to count and I lost 2 of them because of the frontbelt. One time the belt was twisting and was on the wrong side then. In the last qualifier which had been fast enough for TQ the frontbelt broke. Changing the belt needed more than one hour as it needs a nearly complete stripdown of the car. I didnīt have any spare with me as they didnīt arrive before the race but one of the other guys had a white frontbelt for me.
I think I will stay with the 415 but I think I have to do some things for the future.
Have you been using the reversable arm set with the Evo3?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.