Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have ordered a load a Squat ceramic bearings for both my evo 4 and 415. Rick
Old 10-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Where from Rick?

I would like a set for my 415 - can you buy them online?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Dan,

Does Speedmind also have the optional ceramics bearings for the
415 Kit suspension?
Old 10-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes they have a kit that retails for $104 for the entire car. They also have the 950's for the hubs. I have also seen ceramic diff balls too. Still trying to figure out all that they have available to drivers.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

I told you high 3's
Old 10-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

I was wondering what is the best ceramics to get for the 415. They seem to have hardness ##s that nobody talks too much about.

Speedtech, Acer, Boca.... Don't know what the better bearing is. Although with Boca you could spend double on a set.

Coop

Last edited by gcooper; 10-07-2004 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by gcooper
I was wondering what is the best ceramics to get for the 415. They seem to have hardness ##s that nobody talks too much about.

Speedtech, Acer, Boca.... Don't know what the better bearing is. Although with Boca you could spend double on a set.

Coop
I don't know the numbers either but I think www.rc4less.com carries a higher grade ceramics than others.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

Bearings are graded on ABEC scale, and Boca's only ones who list their rating. I'm assuming most are grade 1/lowest, or they'd be bragging about at least ABEC3 status.

Boca currently has metric bearings for this car on sale in individual pieces, ABEC7 level for $160 to get 415 setup. This does not include 2 bearings for diff, or 2 for steering. Kinda spendy, but you can't get bearing that are higher level.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by razzo
Bearings are graded on ABEC scale, and Boca's only ones who list their rating. I'm assuming most are grade 1/lowest, or they'd be bragging about at least ABEC3 status.

Boca currently has metric bearings for this car on sale in individual pieces, ABEC7 level for $160 to get 415 setup. This does not include 2 bearings for diff, or 2 for steering. Kinda spendy, but you can't get bearing that are higher level.
I just checked and www.rc4less.com has ABEC grade 7 ceramic bearings. There isn't a 415 kit listed on the web site but you can email Bruce directly and ask him to put a set together for you. It's considerably less than $160.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by razzo

The Acer Ceramics are ABEC5. In bearings the lower the number the better. So a 5 is higher quality than a 7. I recommend the Acer. And they are $100.00 for a COMPLETE set!
Old 10-08-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 415MS release date

Nov 25., is that for Japan or the US. also could someone post a link on you who to order from Japan, when it releases it.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by koabich
The Acer Ceramics are ABEC5. In bearings the lower the number the better. So a 5 is higher quality than a 7. I recommend the Acer. And they are $100.00 for a COMPLETE set!
Nope, it's the opposite. The higher the ABEC rating corresponds to higher quality bearings with tighter manufacturing tolerances.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Nope, it's the opposite. The higher the ABEC rating corresponds to higher quality bearings with tighter manufacturing tolerances.
Here's a fact taken right off the Acer Website. Might want to read the entire thing!
"Lightweight ceramic balls dramatically decrease the centrifugal force placed by the balls on the rings. This, in addition to a 50% higher modulus of elasticity than conventional bearings, and Grade 5 smoothness of the balls (contrary to popular belief the lower the Grade number a ball is, the rounder and smoother it is), produce a lower coefficient of friction at the ball-raceway interface, leading to over 33% less friction in the bearing as compared to conventional bearings, and far less wear, lasting an average of ten times longer than conventional bearings. Sealed with our exclusive no contact seals for the lowest friction and best dirt resistance. These are the best and most high tech seals available."
This was a topic already discussed in another Cerimac Bearing thread. Even the gentleman that ownes RC4Less joined the discussion and said the above quote was correct. Now when talking about diff balls and diff balls only, the higher the number the better. Kinda funny, Acer offers a higher quality ball bearing while RC4Less offers a higher quality diff ball (when speaking of ceramics of course).
Old 10-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by koabich
Here's a fact taken right off the Acer Website. Might want to read the entire thing!
"Lightweight ceramic balls dramatically decrease the centrifugal force placed by the balls on the rings. This, in addition to a 50% higher modulus of elasticity than conventional bearings, and Grade 5 smoothness of the balls (contrary to popular belief the lower the Grade number a ball is, the rounder and smoother it is), produce a lower coefficient of friction at the ball-raceway interface, leading to over 33% less friction in the bearing as compared to conventional bearings, and far less wear, lasting an average of ten times longer than conventional bearings. Sealed with our exclusive no contact seals for the lowest friction and best dirt resistance. These are the best and most high tech seals available."
This was a topic already discussed in another Cerimac Bearing thread. Even the gentleman that ownes RC4Less joined the discussion and said the above quote was correct. Now when talking about diff balls and diff balls only, the higher the number the better. Kinda funny, Acer offers a higher quality ball bearing while RC4Less offers a higher quality diff ball (when speaking of ceramics of course).
koabich, just do a google search and you will see many web sites (not just RC web sites) talk about ABEC bearing grades. ALL say higher grade number = tighter tolerance.

Here are a few:
http://www.skatelog.com/bearings/abec.htm
http://web.skatefaq.com:81/articles/abec-hype.html
http://www.ibsco.com/tables/abec.html
http://www.dynaroll.com/catalog/pag015.htm
http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.as...Tolerances_ISO
Old 10-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

guys can any1 help me out. i need the Bearing sizes for the 415 w/lightweight.. i no they are in this topic sumwhere just couldnt find them

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.