Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In this picture do you guys now what is the part number for Marc's rear upright?

I posted the same question in the German nationals thread..

Thanx.

John.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-marcs-415-rear.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

looks like the regular arms. not the LW.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PizzaDude
looks like the regular arms. not the LW.
Nope they are light weight arms with the old alloy rear hubs and the holes in the arms enlarged to fit the 3mm suspension pins and e clips. Rick
Old 09-08-2004, 07:43 AM
BKK
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Nope they are light weight arms with the old alloy rear hubs and the holes in the arms enlarged to fit the 3mm suspension pins and e clips. Rick
What do you have to do to fit the alum up-rights to the new LW arms? Safe to file either the arm or the up-right?

What does a bigger spur gear do to the parformance of the 415? From 102-104, etc...
Old 09-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I have been using the LW suspension for 5 races or so now and I am thinking about going back to the old suspension. The new arms and uprights are just too fragile. These are things I've never broke before and now they are breaking on a regular basis...
been running the lwt arms for about a month+ now, only thing I have broken is one front wishbone, after stupidly clipping a barrier after the race had finsihed
Bar that the only other things I had trouble with was bent hinge pins, which was solved after using the correct number of spacers. Haven't had any suspension blocks bend or break yet.
Then again, I have been running 27t stock, and haven't tried the arms with a mod in yet, so that might be the reason for so little breakage...

Ed
Old 09-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BKK
What do you have to do to fit the alum up-rights to the new LW arms? Safe to file either the arm or the up-right?

What does a bigger spur gear do to the parformance of the 415? From 102-104, etc...
As far as I know, and from looking at the pic of Marc's car, I think it's simply a case of
a) drilling a 3mm hole in the arm to accept the old style 415 hinge pin with the e-clip's. than add some spacers to take up the lengh difference (the pic of marc's car shows this.)
b) remove some material from the other brace of the arm, as it binds with the alu hub.

Gearing wise, hopefully this chart will help, I take it your using 64dp gears (like me). Top row is Pinion, left hand colum is the spur, resulting number is the final drive ratio.
Generally (for a given pinion size) the larger the spur gear, the higher the final drive, so you would experience less top speed. Recently with my monster stock, I've been flirting around 7.6 on the final drive, using either a 29/102 or 30/105 combo.

Ed
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-gearing.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 08:42 AM
BKK
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all the info Ed. I am going to get alum rear uprights and try it out. Then try out new gearing. Thanks again!
Old 09-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't been racing my 415 much as it's getting updated. But been racing my Evo IV with no arm breakage yet. This is racing both stock and 19t in the same day (I hate running 1 car for 2 classes!) for the past couple race weekends. I've actually had no breakage of anything. And I prefer the option of running different caster up front than being set with only one caster with the old front end. So I dunno.

With my Monster I've been using 6.4 on our track. I actually accidently used my 19t gearing (5.8) on my monster this past Saturday (this is what happens when using one car for 2 classes)... The car seemed sluggish lol.....

I'll be using my 415 again possibly with the LW suspension in 19t. I'll see if I like it.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

had a go with the car and new setup for the first time indoors today. was having a bit of prob with electrics and so on also. track was pretty thin and a combo of mod mixed with stock and 19t.
first turn , got bashed into a barrier then drven into hard , broke a rear hub

new suspension off, old suspension on!

im gonna be trying the new suspension outdoors at my home trk this sunday and see how lap times reflect compared to fellow old suspension 415ers.

i think i 2 may invest in the ally hubs.. seems like a great idea...
Old 09-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Greetings everyone,

does any body know the difference between the 415 and evIII suspension blocks?

Cheerz
Old 09-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Obsidian
Greetings everyone,

does any body know the difference between the 415 and evIII suspension blocks?

Cheerz
the 415 blocks are 1mm shorter than the EVO3/4 blocks .. thats all..
-Dave
Old 09-08-2004, 10:19 PM
BKK
Tech Rookie

I raced my 415 with the LW suspension last Saturday and it drove different to me. But with some changes, it was easy to drive. I noticed a faster response.(That was all on carpet with Ride tires.)
Old 09-09-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BKK
Thanks for all the info Ed. I am going to get alum rear uprights and try it out. Then try out new gearing. Thanks again!
No prob, glad I could help

Originally posted by BKK
I raced my 415 with the LW suspension last Saturday and it drove different to me. But with some changes, it was easy to drive. I noticed a faster response.(That was all on carpet with Ride tires.)
Thats something I noticed with th LWT suspension, in that the car deffently seems to change direction quicker, which helps massively in a chicane , or esses sequance.

Any more pics on the HPI Pro4 front knuckle conversions? I am quite interested in this, but want to know if there is any noticeable difference. I have actually been wondering if it would be possible to cut down a std 415 knuckle, but have yet to look in depth at it.

Regards
Ed
Old 09-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Greetings everyone,

I'm looking for the blue aluminum shock adjusters and blue aluminum shock retainers, but can't seem to find anyone that has them in stock. Speedtechrc doesn't even have them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheerz
Old 09-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Obsidian
Greetings everyone,

I'm looking for the blue aluminum shock adjusters and blue aluminum shock retainers, but can't seem to find anyone that has them in stock. Speedtechrc doesn't even have them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheerz
The only place I know that has them is SoCal the race track (www.socalrc.com). Call them and see if you can buy them over the phone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.