Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 04:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: transponder mount

Originally posted by buboy28
does tamiya make an aluminum transponder mount for the 415 or any aftermarket makers and where could i buy one
Square makes one for the 415 and you might be able to pick one up from any shop that will ship overseas AKA R-10
-Dave
Old 08-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
ive seen it done three ways:

1. take off the wheels... set the chassis on a flat smooth surface and measure from the end of the suspension arm with a ride height gauge. measurements are like 4mm, 5mm etc.

2. take off the wheels... set the chassis on droop blocks and use the droop gauge to measure (varies with droop blocks)

3. take off the wheels.. set it on a flat surface..and measure with a ruler/calipers (whatever u wanna use) the distance from the axle down to the board. so you'll get measurements like 24mm, or 26mm

asking various sponsored drivers, they always say to check your chassis for tweak, make sure all of your shocks are the same length and that camber is equal all around. hope that helps!
The third method will require you to make sure the camber setting is correct first, because the axle height will vary greatly if the camber settings are not accurate. Fred, David Jun, and I believe Rod all use the 3rd method of measuring droop. I tried it and it seems to be working well

Steve Wang
Old 08-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Steve you metioned before that you guys were setting the camber at the wheel spacers. Is this becasue you are using a set up station? the camber will be different isf the car is unweighted wouldnt it?
Old 08-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

I like to measure droop by

1st) measuring ride height, for example 5mm
2nd) lift one end of the car until the droop screws touch the chassis
3rd) measure this new ride height, for example it will be 8mm, and subtract the measurement from the ride height (8mm-5mm=3mm)
You have 3mm of droop
Old 08-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Aurra Sing
I like to measure droop by

1st) measuring ride height, for example 5mm
2nd) lift one end of the car until the droop screws touch the chassis
3rd) measure this new ride height, for example it will be 8mm, and subtract the measurement from the ride height (8mm-5mm=3mm)
You have 3mm of droop
thats how i do it.
just make sure that the wheels are still touching the table
Old 08-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone have a good base set-up for the 415 (gt1 obviously)for the Tamiya USA track?
Old 08-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
The new suspension is definitely as strong as strong as the original one withe the exception of the 950 bearings.
Do these bearings break or they just wear out quicker.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TryHard
The arms deffiently seems as durable as the original, I think they maybe a percieved felling that they are weaker, mainly beacuse they are smaller in width, not any less thicker in the webbing.

Then again the original arms do seem a little over-sized. Also by naming them "lightweight" people probably think straight away "fragile", whereas it's probably more like they should have been named "proper Size"

Ed
Thanks for your reply
Old 08-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

I have been running my 415 on a small, tight carpet track with foam tires (19 turn). I was just wondering if i should purchase the new lightweight suspension? On this type of track how would it compare to the stock suspension?
Thanks
Old 08-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by koabich
I have been running my 415 on a small, tight carpet track with foam tires (19 turn). I was just wondering if i should purchase the new lightweight suspension? On this type of track how would it compare to the stock suspension?
Thanks
hey how does the car handle on carpet with foams ? i wil be running it this winter i did run my evo3 last year and it was awesome i hope its as good and i will try the new suspension on it.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: transponder mount

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Square makes one for the 415 and you might be able to pick one up from any shop that will ship overseas AKA R-10
-Dave
ok thanks, i'll try that
Old 08-13-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: transponder mount

Originally posted by buboy28
ok thanks, i'll try that
Your welcome
Old 08-13-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ngo8
hey how does the car handle on carpet with foams ? i wil be running it this winter i did run my evo3 last year and it was awesome i hope its as good and i will try the new suspension on it.
So far the car is really good. I am close to my lap times that I run with my TC3 but hey, I have been running a TC3 for 4 years now. I am sure once I get the correct set up it will be as fast if not faster. The only problem with the foams: if you run 28mm foams, the tires will rub on the rear sway bar link, just grind them down. And if you run Jaco foams, they rub a lot on the front ball cup, tie rod as it is attached to the castor block. I am not if you will have this problem if you run TRC tires. In the past TRC tires have had a larger diameter rim.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by koabich
So far the car is really good. I am close to my lap times that I run with my TC3 but hey, I have been running a TC3 for 4 years now. I am sure once I get the correct set up it will be as fast if not faster. The only problem with the foams: if you run 28mm foams, the tires will rub on the rear sway bar link, just grind them down. And if you run Jaco foams, they rub a lot on the front ball cup, tie rod as it is attached to the castor block. I am not if you will have this problem if you run TRC tires. In the past TRC tires have had a larger diameter rim.
ok when i run jaco which is all the time i actually cut them down to 27mm in the front and it the handleing is amazing better turning in to corners and when i got my tamiya it took me about 2 weeks and i was running almost 1 lap faster the my xxx-s
Old 08-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Greetings,

1. Could anyone tell me if the white rear outdrives from the 414 will fit the 415? Are these the outdrive on Surikarn's prototype 415?

2. And, does the graphite spur gear plate from the 414 fit the 415?

Much thanx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.