Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rctouringracer
Hey guys,
Does anyone know the part numbers for the Tamiya SSG blue upper & lower chassis for the MRE.
Thanks in advance.
49429 TRF415MSXX Upper Deck (Blue)
49430 TRF415MSXX Lower Deck (Blue)
Old 07-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tek Nickal
If you can't find the MRE, the MSXX may be a better option depending on what you want, it comes with a center one-way as well as a front one-way. Also a thinner chassis that is 2mm, where as on the MRE its 2.5mm. The MSXX does not come with the titanium screws though. Other than that they are both great cars to run.
is this true??? then what comes standard screw with the MSXX???
Old 07-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i belive black steel screws comes with the msx and msxx kits
Old 07-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vicko
i believe black steel screws comes with the msx and msxx kits
You're correct!
Old 07-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedDesignz
Any idea when.................

Tamiya is going to realease a predecessor to the 415?

yea granted the 415 is a proven chassis .... but could there be a change to the "Cookie cutter" chassis ?

I know Losi is thinking ..... outside "the box"
(my type R is killing my MRe on carpet)

could we expect Tamiya to try somthing radical ??? I know Xray would follow on the footsteps ... if you know what i mean :P....lol
Release a predecessor to the 415? Do you mean a successor? Cos there are plenty of 414s about second hand.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vicko
i belive black steel screws comes with the msx and msxx kits
thanks but isn't the black steel screws titanium too??? it is just painted in black...
Old 07-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
thanks but isn't the black steel screws titanium too??? it is just painted in black...
The black screws are steel. They aren't titanium screws painted black. You can always get titanium screw sets for the MSXX if you aren't satisfied with the steel screws.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Ran my TA05R today at my club race and a just clipped a wall and bent one of my DJ pro module rear arms, out one degree.
Does anyone have a bent module they'd like to sell?
PM me if so.....
Thanks
Old 07-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

The black screws are steel. They aren't titanium screws painted black. You can always get titanium screw sets for the MSXX if you aren't satisfied with the steel screws.
oh okay... so meaning to say I'm going to spend another dime on the titanium screws... sigh...
Old 07-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

oh okay... so meaning to say I'm going to spend another dime on the titanium screws... sigh...
No one said that titanium screws were necessary to run the car. Steel screws are cheaper to replace if you strip them, and that happens a lot unless you use good tools (hudy). The performance gain that you get from using titanium screws isn't going to change the car much...at all.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

No one said that titanium screws were necessary to run the car. Steel screws are cheaper to replace if you strip them, and that happens a lot unless you use good tools (hudy). The performance gain that you get from using titanium screws isn't going to change the car much...at all.
oh is that so..? but people who uses 415 and uses titanium screws in it is much lighter and much better to use...
Old 07-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oh is that so..? but people who uses 415 and uses titanium screws in it is much lighter and much better to use...
Honestly I wouldn't waste my money on them, in screws, titanium is not that much lighter than steel(its weight is between steel & aluminum), & the strength gain isn't enough to really warrant spending that much cash on them, imo. I've stuck with steel & I see no need to go any other way, strong, reliable, & most importantly, affordable.....
Old 07-16-2007, 02:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

No point in a complete ti kit anyway, you want to stick with steel on the screws that go through the bottom of the chassis. This way you will not raise the Center of Gravity. Use ti on the 'top' of car.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Honestly I wouldn't waste my money on them, in screws, titanium is not that much lighter than steel(its weight is between steel & aluminum), & the strength gain isn't enough to really warrant spending that much cash on them, imo. I've stuck with steel & I see no need to go any other way, strong, reliable, & most importantly, affordable.....
okay sir... thanks for the info... will save my cash for some other RC spending instead...
Old 07-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking STEEL vs. titanium!

okay sir... thanks for the info... will save my cash for some other RC spending instead...
I would like to add to this conversation by saying if your going to use steel screws, use the stainless steel screws. The kit screws, I believe are a little softer than stainless and the weight is about the same. There are many aftermarket companies that make them.

I also would add if your going to do races that there are weight limits then stick with stainless steel but if you run where there is no minimum weight requirements then getting the car as light as you can is like free horsepower.
I would take advantage of any performance gains, since the screws have to be in the chassis anyway, why not spend a few more dollars to make the car lighter and quicker coming in and out of the corners? The average racer probably can't feel the difference but you'll have the potential of saving a few tenths on the lap times for sure!
Just my 2$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.