Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 10-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pyro2905
hye you guys!

im quite new in this forum.. im currently running on TT-01 *converted to R Spec. Im from Malaysia by the way...

im so delighted to see this forum as so many people share their thoughts and there so many to be learnt from here.

i have a few question tho' if all u guys can help me solve the puzzle i have in my head. here goes...

1. Im in the verge of buying a used unit of TRF415 MSX. Not the MRE tho'. still cant afford it. but there is some question in my mind regarding the chasis i am buying. The Owner of the chasis, who is currently using MRE now is selling off his MSX but he said he's MSX is upgraded from the original. The thing that bothers me.. is the TRF Shocks Absorbers are the older version. It is not the latest Blue Coated Carved with Strips, but it is Blue Coated without the Strip. From all you guys here, how old do u think this chasis is?

2. if anyone in this forum were to sell a TRF415 MSX, how much will it be? the person who is selling me the Chasis is selling it to me at USD$280 Plus a Spare Chasis (the Carbon Lower Deck)

3. Is this a good buy? I mean, i dont want people to think im stupid to be buying some old dumpster at that price as i am also not having so much $. so i would really appreciate if u guys could give some thoughts into this and help me make the decision. Ive played r/c for sometime, but never venture into Serious Carbon Evo Chasis or whatever, this is my first attempt and i want to at least try not to make too many mistakes.

Overall of the Chasis is in Good Condition. Altho some of the Titanium Screws are worn-off because of touching ground on circuit. The Steering Block has some Dis-colored prolly results from friction. He's willing to give me a new pair of Belting and others.. i seriously dont know.

4. What should i do.. what should i look at.. what should i take note before taking the car? Which part should i take a close, microscopic look... Please Help guys!!

CHeers to All!!!!!!
There are several key differences that you can look out for if you want to check and see if it is an upgrade or a full MSX.

1) Check if there is a centre post that extends to the lower deck. This sits inbetween the rear bulk head.

2) the Rear diff should be plastic if it is an upgrade.

The MSX lower deck and Centre post is very difficult to find on its own. Check the spare chassis and see if there is a hole for the mounting of the cente post.

Cheers

That should about cover it
Old 10-01-2006, 06:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Hye Guys!!!

To TSquare, SMcpot, and Viper1.. thanks for ur generous n kind replies. Guess What??? u guys have save me USD$50!!!!! hehehe... The owner of the MSX has agree to lower the price!!!! and he lower it to USD$230 with New TRF415MSX Carbon Under Chasis, replaced the TRF415 Shocks with the newer versions have the knurled caps and bases and from all the feedback i managed to get to know the origin of the car which was from TRF415MS.. coverted to MSX. it is fully converted, and the parts are A-O-K.

but Viper1, the one u told me to see, the center thingie.. i seriously dont have any idea of what exactly is it...

can anyone share some photo, in comparison to the 415MS and 415MSX?

cheers!
Old 10-01-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Fastest 27 turn rebuildable stock motor

Hi guy's
What motor is the fastest stock motor you have run in your 415's.
Thanks
Addam
Old 10-01-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyro2905
Hye Guys!!!

To TSquare, SMcpot, and Viper1.. thanks for ur generous n kind replies. Guess What??? u guys have save me USD$50!!!!! hehehe... The owner of the MSX has agree to lower the price!!!! and he lower it to USD$230 with New TRF415MSX Carbon Under Chasis, replaced the TRF415 Shocks with the newer versions have the knurled caps and bases and from all the feedback i managed to get to know the origin of the car which was from TRF415MS.. coverted to MSX. it is fully converted, and the parts are A-O-K.

but Viper1, the one u told me to see, the center thingie.. i seriously dont have any idea of what exactly is it...

can anyone share some photo, in comparison to the 415MS and 415MSX?

cheers!
Centre post,
The pic shows a comparison between the MSX kit brace (Right, T shaped) and the MSX conversion brace (left). The part goes between the rear bulkheads, and the top deck mounts of it. The conversion kit piece doesn't extend down to the chassis, it just braces the bulkheads. You can get the piece seperate though.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...chmentid=95029

HiH
Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 10-01-2006 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi guy's
What motor is the fastest stock motor you have run in your 415's.
Thanks
Addam
Simple... EA Motorsports CO27, with F-Lines
Old 10-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

More top decks etc.. lazy sunday
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-top-deck-1c.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-top-deck-2d.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-centrebrace.jpg  
Old 10-01-2006, 11:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

ya there you go..that would allow outer post for stiffening like the 415 or not so you can adjust ....keep going tryhard
Old 10-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Ed i have only just got my hands on my MRE and here you are redesigning it already, parts look good.

It is going to be a challenge racing mine this winter as im racing outdoors at bedworth trying out this new 4-cell mod class so car is going to need a fair bit of setup work to get the best from it.

Starting to think i have to many cars and not enough time as i still got my EVO V sitting around half built, i really must stop buying so many tamiya cars.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
I looked at my MSX, and it would seem that the top deck would get in the way of the steering link on the servo. Although I don't know if thats the case on the MRE
Old 10-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

it would get in the way on a normal MSX, however on the MRE it would be fine... I think. I do need to check that the steering bell cranks wouldn't hit the posts, but given mine is currently in pieces, not easy to check.

I should be able to adjust it for an MSX though... actually working on more refinements to the 2nd one at the mo, prefer that over the first.

Ed
Old 10-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Those look pretty dialed! I like em!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Spare Parts & Hop up Parts for MRE

Hi,

Where do you guys get optional parts and spare parts from.. on the Web?

Thanks,

Chami
Old 10-02-2006, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Arrow 415

try www.speedtechrc.com
Old 10-02-2006, 05:10 AM
Tech Adept

OK thanks!

Does there exist one way diffs for the MRE?

What other hop ups / spare parts are a must have for the MRE?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To be honest i can't really see any real need for option parts as such, just maybe a few tuning items like roll-bars and shock springs. The only option part i have on my car at this point in time are Xenon Ceramic diff balls. As far as spare parts go, the usual like wishbones, steering hubs, wheel hub bearings, belts and a few o-rings for the shocks when you decide to rebuild the shocks. I think tamiya are going to make a one-way but i'm not sure when, but a spool can be just as fast with the right set-up etc.

Charles

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.