Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Opinion On this Decision! Help me please! >

Opinion On this Decision! Help me please!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opinion On this Decision! Help me please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Opinion On this Decision! Help me please!

OK i have a Tc4! its all stock and i want to race a pan car and a 10th scale but the pan car is like more up to date and like idk
But sinse the tc5 came out isnt the tc4 like in the dust? Becuase i would want to put a brushless in it and like race it but idk if i should jsut get rid of it becuase not many ppl talk about it it doesin seem like its a good car to race and plus if i race against like tc5's wouldnt i get demolished Im just asking becuase im lost and the tc4 is a kewl car idk man please help guys!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Why not just race the TC4 and see how it goes? It might work out for you or it might not? If it does then you saved some money from buying a new car. If it does'nt then you can sell it off to get something newer.

I started out with a Pro4 a couple of years ago in our local club and did very well with it for 2 years taking 3rd in the season points the first year and 2nd the next year.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default 12

Well i do like the car its just that isint the tc4 liek old? i want a tc5 but im not that hardcore but idk if the tc4 it worth to hook up but agina i only need foams and a electric system
Old 01-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

As Xtant said, keep the TC4, run it for a season. Or matter a fact a few weeks. Once you get the car set up to your liking and it is still turning slower laps than the fast guys then maybe you might wanna upgrade your car. I'm pretty sure they discontinued that car. Is it the RTR or Factory Team. You will probably be fine if its the Factory Team!

Cody
Old 01-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I race an rc12l4 and due better than alot of people with newer cars. I really dont think it matters. Give the faster driver in the world a properly set-up tc4 and he will still do good
Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default 23

I have the rtr and i cant run it stock it cant ride mroe than 10 feet i think the wire is fucked up it looks like it got sliced a little idk how
Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

The antenna wire? Well, you could just solder a new one on. What electronics were you going to run if you got a tc5?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

the problem with keeping that TC4 is that you'll need to stock up on spare parts. I know a couple new guys at a local track that run this car and the hobby shop does not have any parts for it and they usually don't carry spares on themselves.

SO if they break, they go home and order the part. That sucks.

The issue is the TC4 parts will be slightly harder to find now, and if you can get them they cost about as much as TC5 parts.

You won't regret buying the TC5, but you won't regret racing the TC4 either. Either way make sure you load up on spares. It's really sad to see a racer leave on race day because he broke something and has no replacement!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thats my problem like the recoil is going outa buisness i freaking sold that asap i dont like wen some thing is going outa buisness doesint make me feel good idk why but at the same time im not guna pay alot of money like 500

Thats why im selling this tc4 for like 150 i jsut dont like it ive barely used it and had it for 4 years idk i wana race it but idk and im post likely going to get a pan car either the Team associated 1 or genx
Old 01-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Save your money and enroll in some classes at the community college.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Save your money and enroll in some classes at the community college.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TomElEctric!
OK i have a Tc4! its all stock and i want to race a pan car and a 10th scale but the pan car is like more up to date and like idk
But sinse the tc5 came out isnt the tc4 like in the dust? Becuase i would want to put a brushless in it and like race it but idk if i should jsut get rid of it becuase not many ppl talk about it it doesin seem like its a good car to race and plus if i race against like tc5's wouldnt i get demolished Im just asking becuase im lost and the tc4 is a kewl car idk man please help guys!
How consistant are your laptimes with the tc4? Have you found its full potential on race day?

It probably won't be as quick as a tc5, but it shouldn't be that far behind them unless you are not consistant and/or you don't have the car setup too well.

The biggest difference is between a brushed motor and brushless, the brushless will have more rip out the corners when its geared right. On smaller tracks the difference between a 13.5 and a 27t brushed motor isnt that big, infact I can still set good times with a 27t motor against others using a 13.5, but I have raced for about 15 years now, so that helps a lot.

At bigger tracks you may find it more noticable though.

Until you find the cars potential, you won't really know how it fairs against the faster, regular guys.

If you race a pan car as well as the tc4 you may find you don't have enough time and focus to get the best out of both.

I've never been the kind of guy to race two classes at once, I like to put all my eggs in one basket, simply because I find that putting all your efforts into one car works best for me... And its cheaper
Old 01-27-2009, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

TomE, can you afford to be part of the "Car of the Month Club"?

let me put this another way......IF you could buy any chassis you wanted.... which would it be?

and would THIS chassis make you an instant winner?

ps.....if you can not find Associated Electric parts at you're Local Hobby Shop......by all means QUIT shopping at TOYS AINT US.......

if you are not willing to invest your time practicing.......

enjoy your visit, come again

Mark

Opinion On this Decision! Help me please!-img_0065.jpg

Opinion On this Decision! Help me please!-img_0067.jpg

Opinion On this Decision! Help me please!-12l4-tz-ii-001.jpg

Opinion On this Decision! Help me please!-nwic-2008-9-4-tri-cities-003.jpg