Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally RDX Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry Corally RDX Problems

Recently purchased a RDX and Im having some problems with the rear end. For some reason the back tires will not turn. When I hold the rear tires and pull on the belt, to turn the rear tires, nothing happens. seems as if there is some type of slipping going on. Im new to this electric so I dont know much about these cars.

Should I buy a new rear end diff?
Do i have to tighten something?

Or better yet, whats broken?:

I'd really appreciate some help.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default rdx

sounds like you need to tighten the rear diff and when you do that you need to be real careful to not over tighten it your best bet would be go to your local hobby shop and have them show you how to do it correctly or go to local race track and see if someone there can help show you that will be best move for you at this point
Old 01-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by debik692000
Recently purchased a RDX and Im having some problems with the rear end. For some reason the back tires will not turn. When I hold the rear tires and pull on the belt, to turn the rear tires, nothing happens. seems as if there is some type of slipping going on. Im new to this electric so I dont know much about these cars.

Should I buy a new rear end diff?
Do i have to tighten something?

Or better yet, whats broken?:

I'd really appreciate some help.

So when you pull on the rear belt is the rear wheels locked or does the rear tires spin freely with no diff action, gritty feel, really lose feel, etc.? Is there a motor in the car with pinion?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

It has slight diff action but now that Dennis reminded me about tightening the diff , it all makes sence now. Im going to try this tonight. I'll post later if all works.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default diff

be careful that you do not over tighten the diff that will flat spot the balls in it big timetake real small turns when you tighten it and i mean small good luck
Old 01-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default just a question?

did you just rebuild the diff? if so when you put the thrust bearing together did you make sure the small washer was to the inside if not, no amount of tightening is going to get the diff to tighten up, i ran into this problem a couple of years ago with my rdx.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ok, I have to assume this is a used purchase, so I'll go through a little check list:

double check that:

-the cvd pins are not comming out and hitting,
-tighten the diff down until it 'snugs' up (i.e. you should feel the screw bottom out) and then back it off like a half turn
-- if you are doing a full diff rebuild, try using the losi thrust bearing and take the coned pressure washers on the diff screw and place them: cup down, cup up, cup down, cup up - to form a bubble in the middle. Use only a little associated black grease on the thrust (just enough to fill the gaps between balls). Put a thin film of corally diff grease on the plates and none in the ball holders. The diff should feel slow but totally smooth. If not, something is wrong. Make sure the screw isn't bent.

------- if you 'really' want to upgrade, go grab a new phi diff and throw that in there.

very best of luck.