Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Xray 009 stolen from The Plex...on ebay right now please don't buy! >

Xray 009 stolen from The Plex...on ebay right now please don't buy!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray 009 stolen from The Plex...on ebay right now please don't buy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
If you are 100% it is your stolen car, you should bid high on it i.e. $420 or something you know he'd "accept" ....then you got time before he ships it i.e. has to "wait" for you to pay. If it somehow ends up not beeing your car, you could always back out of the deal ...buyer's can't be neg'd anymore on Ebay anyways.
I know it's 100% our car.

The problem with me offering anything for it or even doing the buy it now for the purpose of holding it up, is then the guy will have my home address. All he has to do is click on "view order details."

Law enforcement is on it, I've contacted ebay.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:20 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i threw in another report, hopefully an abundance of them will help. post his pic in ur store with a theft notice. see if some1 else knows him and thus put more heat on.

R
Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

i'm guessing not, but if there were any cameras catching this thief red handed, you are onto a winner with evidence ....

Hope you get the kit back.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bid high and win, then ask if you can pick it up... commence the ass beating.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
...buyer's can't be neg'd anymore on Ebay anyways.
Buyers can't be neg'd if they pay on time. If they don't pay, they can be neg'd.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FJC 88
Bid high and win, then ask if you can pick it up... commence the ass beating.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Just win the auction, elect for local pick up, then bring your law enforcement friends along for the "exchange"
Old 01-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Dan
That's kind of what I was thinking. Just win the auction, elect for local pick up, then bring your law enforcement friends along for the "exchange"
brilliant idea! plainclothes too, make them look like buddies
Old 01-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Dont forget to videotape it!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

It seems impossible to prove that it is yours...take the loss, buy it from him, pay him, get his adress, then you can take from him how you see fit...
Old 01-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sellers can't leave negative feedback on eBay unless they changed their policy in the few months. I sold some stuff and the guy didn't pay for it and the only thing i could do was file a non paying bidder complaint and get a get a unpaid item strike put against him and the only feedback I could have left would have to be positive. So as a buyer you are protected by eBay from getting negative feedback.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
It seems impossible to prove that it is yours...take the loss, buy it from him, pay him, get his adress, then you can take from him how you see fit...
I'm pretty sure these are individually serialized, hopefully the Plex has theirs written down or some record of it. Maybe RC America or whoever their distributor was for the item has record if they don't.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Dan
I'm pretty sure these are individually serialized, hopefully the Plex has theirs written down or some record of it. Maybe RC America or whoever their distributor was for the item has record if they don't.
i doubt it, hobby shops don't really expect this sort of thing to happen and copying down serial numbers is just time consuming. I feel wicked bad about this, i know how it feels. At the grandslam at 360 someone walked off with my calipers, not a car but still sucks.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Things like this are exactly why I love my job. I work Loss Prevention for a retailer and catching shoplifters is 100% of what I do. I've seen it all from the lowly purse suffers, the grab and goes, and even a guy who swallowed a 3K diamond bracelet. Between two of us, we caught 78 shoplifters in 2008 recovering about $15,000 in merchandise.

One big thing law enforcement is looking for in theft cases is selection. Did you witness him pick up the car off the shelf? Are you 100% sure it was not paid for? Did you see him leave with the car?

If you can answer all those questions as yes, that's a 100% open shut case.

If not then choose your words carefully. "I saw him looking at the car." If you were working that day, "I thought I saw him watching me." Then say, "I had to help another customer at the register and when I was done he was gone, and so was the car. I never saw anyone else looking at the car."

Best of luck to you.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gubbs3
Things like this are exactly why I love my job. I work Loss Prevention for a retailer and catching shoplifters is 100% of what I do. I've seen it all from the lowly purse suffers, the grab and goes, and even a guy who swallowed a 3K diamond bracelet. Between two of us, we caught 78 shoplifters in 2008 recovering about $15,000 in merchandise.

One big thing law enforcement is looking for in theft cases is selection. Did you witness him pick up the car off the shelf? Are you 100% sure it was not paid for? Did you see him leave with the car?

If you can answer all those questions as yes, that's a 100% open shut case.

If not then choose your words carefully. "I saw him looking at the car." If you were working that day, "I thought I saw him watching me." Then say, "I had to help another customer at the register and when I was done he was gone, and so was the car. I never saw anyone else looking at the car."

Best of luck to you.
Well see, here is the thing. Read his description of the item he is selling (the thief that is). It looks completely made up. As if a 3rd grader wrote the Ebay ad. He got it as a gift. Said his EX GF gave it to him as a gift. Yet the car only very recently came out. I seriously a doubt a girl would buy someone a gift THAT EXPENSIVE when they are going to dump/know they will be dumped soon after. I might be thinking too much into it, but the guy is completely BS'ing in his ad. Couldn't that be submitted for evidence? The ad definitely looks rushed and wanting to get rid of the product.

I know the law is not absolute and has tons of loopholes from here to kingdom come, but seriously, all logic considered, that ad alone could be damn this guy.

BTW, I also launched a complaint about this guy to Ebay. Is there any way you can post a picture of this guy? I want to see what this person looks like.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!

Damn, it appears as if it was allready purchased?

(unless that was you froboy)

Hopefully the law won't work slowly on this one..

Oh yeah, and another detail about the kit, when sombody buys something at a hobby shop, especially a 500 dollar kit, it tends to stir up conversation between hobbyshop employees and the buyer, wheather it be in the isle, or at the cash register, this attracts attention, and obviously a 500 dollar kit isn't something to go in and get out of a hobby shop for. If nobody talked to the buyer about a newer '09, well, he probably swipped it. Also, hobbyshops do keep track of their merchendise, if something was recorded to be there, is not there anymore, and has no record of it being paid for, it was stolen.

Froboy, if that was you who purchased it, let's hope that you can get to the theif and open up a can of-

If you weren't, well,
All the best of luck to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.