Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
strange behavior of the LRP SPX Spec ESC and DSM >

strange behavior of the LRP SPX Spec ESC and DSM

strange behavior of the LRP SPX Spec ESC and DSM

Old 01-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default strange behavior of the LRP SPX Spec ESC and DSM

Hi experts,

did anyone discover a strange behavior of LRP SPX Stock Spec with DSM receiver? Several friends have these symptoms:
- blue LED is randomly flashing
- a full throttle balances (no chance to keep full throttle without outages)

we tried to replace all components - not helped

it seems to be a compatibility issue between these compoments.

Last edited by Szimon; 01-15-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

just a note: the same issue was discovered with DSM and DSM2 too.

any idea?

Thanks a lot
Old 01-17-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

I had the same problem with SPX and Sanwa 2.4GHz. I tried with second receiver (same type), but the problem stayed. This occured during DHI-Cup, so I didn't have much chance to test it more. I changed back to crystals and everything was fine after that. When I have time I will probably try to test with capacitor connected to receiver, that might help?
Old 01-18-2009, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by copter
I had the same problem with SPX and Sanwa 2.4GHz. I tried with second receiver (same type), but the problem stayed. This occured during DHI-Cup, so I didn't have much chance to test it more. I changed back to crystals and everything was fine after that. When I have time I will probably try to test with capacitor connected to receiver, that might help?
ok, I'll try it too. I'll let you know...
Old 01-18-2009, 07:30 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have LRP TC Spec and Spektrum DX3.0 and I too get the random blue flashing LED sometimes..
have also had stuttering throttle issue (maybe 4 or 5 times) but powercycled the ESC and the Rx rebinds with any issues the 2nd time round
i've also tried with and without capacitor on the Rx with no difference to symptoms..
Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Rookie

hello guys,
just bought a LRP SPX Stock Spec and placed it in a car. I wanted to set it up and programme it right, but as soon as you put the wire in the receiver, de receiver doesn't seems to have any contact at all with the DX3R transmitter. I use the standard SR3100 receiver and everything is well connected. when I put the bind plug in together with the ESC wire, the receiver is being set in bind mode as normal, but when you place the transmitter in bind it can't connect. no receiverbattery is used. everything worked with brushed ESC... I use for a little while a stock brushed motor untill I have my BL motor, but in this way it isn't going to work anyway

please help, what to do???
thanks, Danny
Old 02-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i had the same problem with the spektrum and any LRP esc's... went to airtronics DSM and it went away. only noticed the blue light when the radio and rx were close to each other. also, the full throttle would stutter when held. i had tried everything, new rx, tx mod for my m11 and tons of tape under everything.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

no some one that hath the same problem. bought a GM because everything he tried didn't work. The spx seems to have problems with spectrum.
LRP is a master in problems with spectrum. there tc hath also a problem with it.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Had similar issuies w/spec over and over so I got a Tekin Rs and it works fine no matter what...Wish I could help but it drove me crazy then it wouldnt hold my profiles.....so I switched......Good luck hope yours is better than mine
Old 02-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Rookie

found the problem. it's a very simple and fast fix : switch to new transmitter batteries . seems that only fully charged batteries could make contact. once there was contact, I could put in my older batteries without any problems.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've had the exact same issue with my TC Spec and Spektrum Pro on my M8.. if my transmitter was within 3 feet of the car, it would start blinking the lights at neutral, and on power the throttle would flutter.

I can even have just the ESC sitting there not even connected to a receiver and it messes with the lights.. still no explanation..

It's fine running out on the track, and I had an original Sphere that worked fine near it too.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm running brushless only with LRP ESC. Now I've got SPX and haven't noticed any issues. My radio is KoPropo Helios with Spektrum Pro module and micro receiver. I never had any issues also with standart Pro receiver.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

I've have major issues too with Nosram version of SPX and Sanwa 2.4Ghz.

Cutting off, not binding, ...

i then changed to the 40Mhz, works fine.

Something tells me lrp needs to work on their software to interact with RX's better.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Any updates on this? I've got a DX3R and 3100 receiver and am considering putting this speedo in my TC.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If you have the TX too close to the RX then the light flickering and weirdness will happen. If it is happening on the track usually adding a cap to the Spektrum will fix the issue. Had the same problems when I had Spektrum and a LRP speedo. Now run a KO 2.4 and Tekin and no problems whatsoever.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.