Wiki Posts
Search

1/12 scale help

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default 1/12 scale help

I am getting the 1/12 scale bug again and I have been out of it for years now. Which kits should I be looking into because when I was racing I had a Delta car in the 80's.
Thank you
Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

There are a lot of great chassis out there any one of which will work well for you. Mainly it will depend on what you like. Look at BMI Racing, Team Associated, Team CRC, Serpent, Xray, Speed Merchant, and tons of other brands out there I can't think of off hand. I assume you plan to race at a local track? If so your best bet would be to find out what brands of 1/12th scales they stock parts for. Otherwise you'll be waiting on the mail every time you break something. Personally my favorite right now is the BMI DB12RR but that is because I'm biased and drive that car

There is a 1/12th thread...it's really long though so you'll never have time to read the whole thing. But I would advise at least skimming it and see what catches your attention.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

For the best support and best engineered car i would go with the BMI DB12RR, Jason is a top bloke and the car is pukka. I drive a CRC GenX but i've had to spend abit of money to get the new rear pod front brace long ball studs etc, its a fab car but i would always advise people to go down the BMI as i will be shortly.....
Old 01-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

The inspector is correct there is a ton of good kits and its really up to which one catches your eye. I also have the BMI car and its really good and as mentioned Jason is excelent with his customer service.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Just don't get that plastic fantastic MRC/Academy one
Old 01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

i have never had a bmi car, so i cannot speak to it's potential, however, crc's track record and support of/at major races is unsurpassed. good luck in your decision.