R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TRF416 pulls to one side when on throttle. Need help! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/267331-trf416-pulls-one-side-when-throttle-need-help.html)

yokfans 01-13-2009 06:59 PM

TRF416 pulls to one side when on throttle. Need help!

My TRF416 pulls to one side during acceleration, but can go straight off throttle. :cry:

Anyone can help to advise the things I should check?

joey 01-13-2009 07:02 PM

check the outdrives on the spool or front cvds..

danjoy25 01-13-2009 07:03 PM

Also check if you have any crack on the rims.

ALBERTO 01-13-2009 07:13 PM

many things can cause this. Bad bearings, really bad tweak, shot diff,bad or sticking cvd, and so on...

yokfans 01-13-2009 08:03 PM

Thanks all.

I think I'll replace all arms, hubs, uprights, and pins first and see if there's any improvement.

not home 01-13-2009 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by yokfans (Post 5289930)
Thanks all.

I think I'll replace all arms, hubs, uprights, and pins first and see if there's any improvement.

well look is anything doesn't look right. i found my pins for the cvd's were loose causing it to hit the carrier.

mb racer 01-13-2009 09:38 PM

also chk your shocks and bearings ..

STLNLST 01-13-2009 09:46 PM

I bet the problem is your rear diff. I just experienced the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Car didn't track straight on power. Tighten the diff and I'm sure the problem will go away.

Tpg racer 01-14-2009 03:19 AM

Let me guess, are you running front one-way diff?

If so, check ur one-way bearings... u need to lube the one-way bearings from time to time coz its has a mechanism that opens up and bites the outdrives upon acceleration....

Happens to my Pro4 before....:D

Graham Kenny 01-14-2009 03:40 AM

Hey Its a very anojing problem to have especially when you cant locate the problem, First thing i would do is to go over my set up and make sure all my shock lenghts, Downstops droop, ride height, Un-Tweek the chassis and everything else is bang on what is should be. If that does not solve the problem next setup would be to check all the bearings and replace or lube up any that didnt feel right. That for me usually solves the problem

Other things i would look for are

-One-way bearings
-Clean and regrease CVD's
-Rebuild the Diff's
-broken parts

Cheers

K_Spec_RC 01-14-2009 03:45 AM

as silly as this may sound... make sure you dont have a wheel nut that keeps coming loose. I had this problem a few weeks ago and it drove me insane!!! :eek::eek:

mickrcarver 01-14-2009 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by STLNLST (Post 5290395)
I bet the problem is your rear diff. I just experienced the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Car didn't track straight on power. Tighten the diff and I'm sure the problem will go away.

Im going with STLNLST on this one I had the same prob and found my rear diff had loosened up alot, I retightened it and the pull was gone